Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, just thought I would pop on before I get to work, haven't been online since sunday so I have tons of pages to get through!!

About Vala - I think they will have to tone her and Daniel down a bit, there is no way they can keep that up throughout the whole season. Mind you her interaction with Teal'c was good so maybe it will give him some lines which would be nice

As for Deus Ex Machina
    Spoiler:
    I read what was going to happen between Barrett and Sam on here but actually seeing it and how awkward the moment was for Sam and the shippy music was fantastic!! Also watching it after Joe M had said that it probably was referring to Jack too.... Then again it was also quite sad as we now know there isn't anything else to look forward to for the rest of the season

Comment

hello all,

I've read every post carefully and I do understand that some of you will stop watching the show. Nevertheless I don't think writing to TPTB or even stop watching the show as a way to let them know you're angry will change anything.

The audience changed. There are a lot of new viewers mostly young and from farscape, those will stay. The other original stargate viewers will certainly keep watching because you have to admit that fans are not the majority of the viewers. people who watch the show, contrary to us don't know if RDA will come back or if Vala will become a full time character. they watch every episode, week after week and don't really care if TPTB say something is gonna happen. I don't thing that stopping watching the show because we don't have our allusions to Jack will change anything in the way TPTB will write the show. The shippers were an important % of the audience when Jack and Sam were still working together, now that RDA is gone, we are not the audience they want to keep watching. they'll do with the Daniel/Vala's fans exactly what they did with the Sam/Jack shippers.
      I'm not saying that you can't do something, everyone is free to let people know what they think, but I doubt it's gonna change anything.
      Personnaly I'm gonna keep watching cause I like the stories, the special effects and the series style. I watched the show before S&J, I'll watch it after. I'll give it a chance and if I stop watching it it won't be to bother TPTB and let them know I want resolution but more because the stories and the dynamic of the show will be creapy and lame.

S&J are together. If they give me more I'll be pleased, If not i'll still have ship days to celebrate ! I miss RDA but I think AT, CJ and MS deserve some consideration, I'm kinda curious to see if they can and how they can handle RDA's absence. Well I guess I gave my opinion on that matter, I hope it came out right cause I can't always find the right words

Comment

just another sentence to explan my opinion I'm afraid I'm not very clear
        I'm gonna watch the show as if i wasn't on GW and didn't know what TPTB said or the ators decided. I want to see how they explain things. If they find a good plot and explanation for Vala being a full time character etc..then I'll consider watching the show, if they do what they did with jack's character again, then I think I'll have some issues, cause it wasn't really professional. They assume they didn't have to explain or I don't know but well I didn't really like it. So I'll wait and watch the episodes as a "normal" viewer would, without any S&J expectations without reading the spoilers (If I can) and I'll give it a chance. I watched the first half and it wasn't too bad...like you though, I hope they'll slow down a little on the Daniel-Vala show!!

Comment

Good morning and afternoon! Tomorrow is Turkey Day in the states but the first time in 22 years I'm not cooking or serving people. YEH!!!! Hope to get some quality GW time in tomorrow. OK- back to the topic! If you don't write, how do you think the TPTB know we are not happy, if we just keep turning on the TV and just watch the show? You know what happen when the Northern Americas found out they didn't get the extended version of "Thread". They screamed, phoned and wrote letters! Do you think they would have fixed the problem (which costed them big bucks) if everyone just said "Oh this is crap but what can I do, my opinion doesn't count. I'll just sit and watch the short version! Come on! Writing is not a "Threat" it a warning bell that telling TPTB that there is a big problem and they are the ones who going to lose big bucks. One more example-if everyone didn't scream about the theme songs being cut, do you really think SCIFI would have put back the original version in the second half of the season? Take it from a old protester- one person can change the world and a group (as lovely as our's) can take over a show!!!!!!!"EVIL LAUGH". Please write!
          sigpic

Comment

Great examples Trupi.Fans have to get off the mindset that there is nothing they can do.The Fans have plenty of Power and if it does not work at least you will feel better that you tried to do something.We should not let TPTB use the excuse that RDA is not around.There is still plenty TPTB can do regarding the Sam and Jack Ship.TPTB can show the Ship from Sam's side and they can have Sam talk to Daniel and Teal'c about Jack.TPTB are not even trying and that is the big problem.

Comment

Trupi, you are right.... we need to tell the people what we think.... If we need to write, I'll write.... if we need to protest, I'll protest and have people listen to what I have to say.

But...

I've already said, for me Stargate SG-1 ended on season 8 and it ended because the show that I knew and loved was going to be no more... why? RDA was leaving, what he brought to the show was priceless, the humor, the relations, the character and hey.... the thunk...

But can I blame him for leaving? NO... Can I blame TPTB for him leaving? NO... he had a beautiful valid reason and there is nothing we can do about that.

TPTB thought that S8 was the end and they started closing some stories, Daniel's ascension, the Goa'ulds, The replicators, they gave us 5 great episodes at the end and they even believed to their standards that they had closed the Ship... Sam and Jack finally went fishing, we also had 8 years with the Ship being subtle never the center of the show and I have to say, it would have been strange for me to have a Sam and Jack story "a la Pete" dancing, eating, in bed... for that I have fanfic.... but returing to Threads and as Annuki said, they dedicated 1 1/2 hour to the relation and Sam and Jack finally come to the conclusion that they need to be with each other and in some way over come the "issues" that they had, they used Kerry for that....

So, I thank all for 8 wonderful years.

S9? It's another show... and yes I like it... it even has some characters from my other show... I don't believe anybody is replacing anybody...

Do I like Vala? not at the begining and actually I realized how much I had enjoyed her when she left.. why because she brought a comidic element that for me has been missing since she left, so yes, I'm glad that she will be back but I also agree that they have to tone her down.

So, what do I complain about?

I can write and complain that TPTB messed up with a great character.... Samantha Carter, that with the leadership issue they put her at the same level so far... (because I haven't seen the other 50% of the show) to an almost supporting role... and that it has been messed up so much that they might not know what to do with her... I guess many people will not agree with me, but I would have loved to see her complelty in charge of the SGC... I think Landry does not bring much to the show...

I can also write and request that if RDA decided to come back, it would be nice to have some backstory of where he is, what is he doing and most of all, some scenes with Carter... because we now they are together and I would love for them to share a kiss, a touch a shake... a grin.... why, because I'm a shipper....

That said... I'll still be around, I'll still be watching, I'll make sure that TPTB get my letters and messages and last I'll still be shipping.... why, because ther is Ship, because Sam and Jack are together, and because I love this Shipper Family...

Sorry for this long post, I think it's my first time ever that I write so long and that I'm serious... but hey, we are here for that... to share our opinions.

PS: Thanks for all the congrats...
              Last edited by LOL4JACK; 23 November 2005, 03:25 AM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                Great examples Trupi.Fans have to get off the mindset that there is nothing they can do.The Fans have plenty of Power and if it does not work at least you will feel better that you tried to do something.We should not let TPTB use the excuse that RDA is not around.There is still plenty TPTB can do regarding the Sam and Jack Ship.TPTB can show the Ship from Sam's side and they can have Sam talk to Daniel and Teal'c about Jack.TPTB are not even trying and that is the big problem.
                Everyone needs to stop whining, which does more damage to a group power of bargaining. No one listen to whiners because they know that all they are going to do is whine! That's why JM gets mad after awhile with the whining. ( I just realized he is trying to throw us a bone with his infor.) We whine to him instead of writing letters to BW and Cooper. They're the producers and have the powers JM is just a writer which they could kick off anytime. If you are a poor writer and need help we can get together and write some form letters and then you can change them around to suit your opinion.
                sigpic

Comment

EX deux Machina ..My opinion

Spoiler:
                  ..I liked the story with Baa'l and it was nice to see him again and I so loved the ending with his duplicates

I still wonder how come nobody never saw that buiding disappearing ..I understand they moved the public away from the area for like 500 meters but surely they could not have done that that fast in real life anyway ..A bit far fetched ...acutally very far fetched . :blink:

Now , I really didn't get what was the big deal with the "Not excatly" from Sam in front of Barrett . She even didn't look comfortable when she was saying it like it was something she wanted to hide ..I even wonder if she didn't break the military rules just by looking at her attitude !!!. Pathetic TPTB to give us something like that , very poor . I expected her to be confident in mentioning that actually .

So far I haven't taped any of season 9 and I'm glad I didn't because there is not one episode I would love to watch again .

On the contrary , I saw Threshold Pilot 3 times this week

I checked some ratings for different shows but I didn't see Stargate mentionned in the list ..Is it doing that bad in the ratings !!! No wonder !!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                    sorry to insist on that... did it work entirely ? I mean til the end ? with the "always" quote and the credits ? (with the singer name on it)? cause I tried to download it myself and it cut halfway (after the replicators shot) I'm fed up with those hosting sites!! I've spent hours to try to find one and to put the vids on it and now it's not working

does any of you know a good hosting site for vids ? free and that does not erase the vid after a month. I'm looking for one where you don't have to click on free dowload like the other site where I had my vid before, one where you directly arrive on the page of the file you want to download.
                    I'm sorry to be off topic like that but once I find it I won't bother you again, I swear
                    I 'm afraid that you won't find a good free sharing video site for free Marion

Putfiles and you sent it are very good sharing video files ..and yes it's deleted after a couple of weeks ...but that's the reason it's free ..it's still good if you want to share your videos .

The only way that you can have a good sharing video site is build your own like I did ..but obviously it 's very expensive as you need a lot of disk space to store so many videos ...however, it's fun to do your won website ..I learnt a lot by doing that .

Caty

Comment

OT

Caty, I read that Catherine Bell will join the cast of Threshold.... I don't know the show... but I thought you would like the news....

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=1&id=33342

And based on this I was thinking... it would be sooooooo weird.... to have RDA or AT in another show and with another Ship.... they have portray their characters in SG-1 so well, that I can not make the separation....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                        OT

Caty, I read that Catherine Bell will join the cast of Threshold.... I don't know the show... but I thought you would like the news....

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=1&id=33342

And based on this I was thinking... it would be sooooooo weird.... to have RDA or AT in another show and with another Ship.... they have portray their characters in SG-1 so well, that I can not make the separation....
                        Yes I know I posted a lot of Infos and links at Stargate Intel too in the Threshold thread just in case the JAG fans wanted to know about it .

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_...p?showforum=50

She is supposed to do a 3 parts arc from the 16 th of december ....and CB said she loves sci-fi and supernatural . She is also starting a mini series called "Triangle " ( supernatural) Hope this will be good too !!!
                        I hope the ratings were brilliant last night as they just moved Threshold to another channel ad timeslot in the US but they wanted to take the risk and hoped that the fans will follow them ..I hope they did because it's brilliant

Caty
                        Last edited by Catysg1; 23 November 2005, 04:56 AM.

Comment

first I want to say that the converstion going on is very interesting, we all have different opinions but it shows that we care about the ship and the future of the show. Anyway, Carolina, great post. I liked it and you are totally right

changing the subject :

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          She is supposed to do a 3 parts arc from the 16 th of december ....and CB said she loves sci-fi and supernatural . She is also starting a mini series called "Triangle " ( supernatural) Hope this will be good too !!!
                          I hope the ratings were brilliant last night as they just moved Threshold to another channel ad timeslot in the US but they wanted to take the risk and hoped that the fans will follow them ..I hope they did because it's brilliant

Caty
                          what is Treshold ? I'm glad to see that Catherine bell will be playing in it, I liked her a lot in Jag and even think that TPTB didn't give her enough possibilities to show her talent. She made a very good prestation in the episode titled the 4% solution and I wish she had more great scripts and situations to show how talented she is. I'm looking forward her role in this series, I'm sure it's gonna be great.Thanks for the info

Comment

Without Jack or Jack and Sam ship, the show is no longer the same. But I'll keep watching the show all the same since I've been following SG1 for 9 years and I like the stories, the relationships between the characters, etc
                            and as far as RDA's come back or the ship is concerned, wait and see ...
                            -SAM: Thank you sir !
                            -JACK: For what ?
                            -SAM: For being here for me
                            -JACK: Always

Comment

[QUOTE=LOL4JACK
                              I've already said, for me Stargate SG-1 ended on season 8 and it ended because the show that I knew and loved was going to be no more... why? RDA was leaving, what he brought to the show was priceless, the humor, the relations, the character and hey.... the thunk...

But can I blame him for leaving? NO... Can I blame TPTB for him leaving? NO... he had a beautiful valid reason and there is nothing we can do about that.

TPTB thought that S8 was the end and they started closing some stories, Daniel's ascension, the Goa'ulds, The replicators, they gave us 5 great episodes at the end and they even believed to their standards that they had closed the Ship... Sam and Jack finally went fishing, we also had 8 years with the Ship being subtle never the center of the show and I have to say, it would have been strange for me to have a Sam and Jack story "a la Pete" dancing, eating, in bed... for that I have fanfic.... but returing to Threads and as Annuki said, they dedicated 1 1/2 hour to the relation and Sam and Jack finally come to the conclusion that they need to be with each other and in some way over come the "issues" that they had, they used Kerry for that....

So, I thank all for 8 wonderful years.

S9? It's another show... and yes I like it... it even has some characters from my other show... I don't believe anybody is replacing anybody...

<snip>.

So, what do I complain about?

I can write and complain that TPTB messed up with a great character.... Samantha Carter, that with the leadership issue they put her at the same level so far... (because I haven't seen the other 50% of the show) to an almost supporting role... and that it has been messed up so much that they might not know what to do with her... I guess many people will not agree with me, but I would have loved to see her complelty in charge of the SGC... I think Landry does not bring much to the show...

I can also write and request that if RDA decided to come back, it would be nice to have some backstory of where he is, what is he doing and most of all, some scenes with Carter... because we now they are together and I would love for them to share a kiss, a touch a shake... a grin.... why, because I'm a shipper....

That said... I'll still be around, I'll still be watching, I'll make sure that TPTB get my letters and messages and last I'll still be shipping.... why, because ther is Ship, because Sam and Jack are together, and because I love this Shipper Family...

Sorry for this long post, I think it's my first time ever that I write so long and that I'm serious... but hey, we are here for that... to share our opinions.

PS: Thanks for all the congrats...[/QUOTE]

LOL4JACK.Thank you! I have to say that I really do agree with this. I think that Sam being put in charge of the SGC would have required a double promotion from LtCol to General though . So I can't see TPTB going with that. But you never know....

This is still on topic, but I had a bizarre dream that I was a contestant on Mastermind (British Quiz show) and when asked what my specialist subject was, I said 'Stargate SG1 Seasons 1 to 8'. When asked why not seasons 9 & 10 I said 'because it's a new show'.

As AT has signed up again, I hope that they find lots to do with her character. I also hope that AT gets a chance to direct again, since she really enjoyed doing that in season 7.

I also think that some back story should be filled in on where Jack O'Neill is, regardless of whether RDA comes back or not (and yes, I'd still like him to make some cameo appearances if he is so inclined but I won't blame him if he doesn't).

I can't really pass comment on Vala as I've only seen her in PU-I haven't seen season 9 yet.

So if I do write, I think my letter will be very similar to yours, LOL4JACK.
                              always and forever
                              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

A THANKSGIVING POEM

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING, I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP
                                I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS, I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED - THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE
                                BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
                                THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
                                AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

I GOBBLED UP
                                TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
                                PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
                                'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY
                                WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
                                HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR
                                TURKEY BE PLUMP.
                                MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
                                MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

AND MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING BE BLESSED!!

Poz

I wish I could take credit for this but I can't. A friend sent it to me and I enjoyed it so much I wanted to share it. No Author was given.
                                Last edited by SG1Poz; 26 November 2005, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X