Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'am sad as well dipsofjaz.I hope now that the star of the Show Vala and the rest of SG-1 has been signed,TPTB will try to get RDA to appear in a couple of Season 10 episodes.Knowing the Shippers luck RDA will appear in a couple of episodes and AT will be on Atlantis at that Time.I still wonder if TPTB asked RDA to appear in the Season 9 finale and RDA turned them down,or TPTB did not ask RDA.It would be great to come on Gateworld and read about some great Shipper news for a change.I guess not in this Lifetime.It must feel like Christmas for Daniel and Vala Fans.

Comment

I asked the following question on the JM Thread.Let's see if I get an answer.

Hi Joe,
      What hope can you give to Shippers like me who will not watch SG-1 anymore unless TPTB start mentioning the Jack character again and we start seeing some Sam and Jack Ship through the Sam character.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
        I asked the following question on the JM Thread.Let's see if I get an answer.

Hi Joe,
        What hope can you give to Shippers like me who will not watch SG-1 anymore unless TPTB start mentioning the Jack character again and we start seeing some Sam and Jack Ship through the Sam character.
        that couldn't be clearer ! let's see if he answers

about RDA I'm doubting we'll see him soon and I kinda understand and agree with him if we don't after the way his character has been treated lately but well one can dream...especially us, my shipper friends

as for the news and mood, I'd say that we had a great time for shipsgiving and that is cool ! we don't need them to have fun

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          I'am surprised more Shippers are not talking about Vala being a full Time member of SG-1.I guess it's not a surprise.
          Not really, been expecting it since the beginning of the season. Isn't it funny that if we ask for a Jack and Sam phone call, the respose from TPTB is that "this isn't the Sam and Jack hour", but they will bend over backwards to show Daniel and Vala every chance they get.

I can see myself getting bored very quickly with the Daniel/Vala hour. I can't see the attraction or the chemistry between the two.

The great shows have chemistry between the characters, sorry I don't see it with the new lineup. Even if they do manage to tone Vala's character down, I still can't see myself being one bit interested in her.

I feel somewhat betrayed by TPTB. We are the one who have kept them in business for 8 years and it seems like our opinions don't count.
          Last edited by Rogue; 22 November 2005, 03:27 PM.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Roque we have kept them in business for 8 Years with very little Ship wise in return.The Shippers are accused of having issues because we do not like a Stalker or we want a real Sam and Jack resolution.I think being Loyal viewers has come back to hurt us.I still kick myself for not skipping alot of Season 7 and 8 episodes.I finally learned my lesson and will not watch the Show again until TPTB start giving us Sam and Jack Ship.I do not want to hear excuses about RDA not being on the Show.TPTB get paid good Money to use some imagination.We do not even hear Jack's Name being mentioned.I have never written to a Show before and I'am giving serious though in writing TPTB.Regarding Vala, it's strange there is room for Vala as a full Time character.I though the budget was not big enough for a 5 person Team for SG-1.I guess if it was Jonas there would not be room in the budget.
            Last edited by ses110; 22 November 2005, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I can understand if RDA does not want to come back after the way he has been treated.I'am not sure I would want to come back.I hope TPTB makes an honest effort to reach out to RDA and if RDA says no I can live with it.I missed out on Shipsgiving and I also wanted to wish all those I missed a Happy Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                I'm not surprised ses, just sad. I'm saddened that the show I loved is no more. I was sad when RDA/Jack left, and TPTB still haven't told us where and why. I was sad that AT/Sam came back, but we were never really told what she'd been doind, and why. I was sad that TPTB had plenty of opportunities to finally show us Sam and Jack together, but they left it up to our interpretation as usual. I am sad that a character that should have been thrown into the brig after the nonsense of 'Prometheus Unbound', is now going to be a regular in the show. I'm sad that we're still waiting for a big honkin' kiss!
                *sigh* I'm sorry to be so down shippers, but we've been through so much and held on for our ship, and still we get shafted by TPTB.
                Ditto for me!!! Part of me doesn't want to give up the show. The other part says "face it, SG-1 is over." BUT, Sam and Jack are together!!! TPTB won't give us phone calls or emails but we know. They are sooo together. I have to believe that!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  SG1-POZ....

Jack asked me to give you this....

But he also said something about cake... but that you would know
                  Congratulations on your
                  1000 posts
                  Lol4Jack
                  sigpic

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, LOL4JACK HAS 1000 POSTS!!!!!

Jack: LOL4JACK, congratulations!
                    Sam: Go Girl!!!
                    **thanks to Mala50 for the cap**
                    sigpic

Comment

nell part of me does not want to give up the Show either.TPTB are just not hearing us or they hear us and do not care.Desperate Times call for Desperate measures.Maybe TPTB will hear us and get the message if we stop watching every episode.TPTB will not change the way they handle the Sam and Jack Ship unless we change our viewing habits.TPTB are too comfortable in the believe most Shippers will tune in every week.I also believe Sam and Jack are together.I want to see it and I want everyone to see it so there can no longer be any doubt.

Comment

Hey we're slipping off the page!!!

Thanks to fill-in-the-blank for the cap
                        sigpic

Comment

ses110 I have only watched some of the episodes since Sam returned expecting it to feel some what like home again, but....nothing. It really doesn't even bother me that I miss the episodes because they weren't giving me anything that I wanted any way. Without RDA, to me, the show lost its core although I have to say that I didn't even like how they wrote Jack in the first two episodes of this season and that is saying something. Honestly the only way that I will tune in again is if I hear that there will be ship between Jack and Sam and that is it. This to me is so sad, week after week I would so look forward to this show. I'm done though with contributing to the ratings and encouraging new seasons when TPTB don't even seem like they are listening to us nor do they care. Ses110 I have written letters to TPTB, MGM, Sony and RDA, its my last resort.

Comment

nickatell as usual were on the same page.The way I feel is if I continue to watch this Show after the way TPTB treated the Shippers and Jack Fans it would be like slapping myself in the Face.If and when TPTB give me what I want I'll be Happy to watch.I do not watch many Shows but I find myself losing patience with Shows if they do not give me a quality episode every week.I Loved Lost last Year and this Year I do not enjoy it as much.I do think things will pick up soon.I'am not sure if it's because all the Money the Actors are making and there seems to be less episodes every Year for these Shows.I think what has gone on with SG-1 the Last couple of Years has tried my patience with other TV Shows.It just seems we wait forever for something to happen and it never goes the way you want it.IMO TV as a whole was much better in the 80's and 90's.

Comment

There is definitely double standards here, more Jack and Sam would be too much according to TPTB but with others on the show it doesn't seem to be a problem. I have nothing against the actors they are just making a living, my problem is with TPTB. I will be very interested in seeing what the ratings will be for the second half of the season when we already know that Jack will not be in it and that there will be no ship of any kind between Jack and Sam. I kind of think that the first half people were waiting for Sam to come back and to initially see what the story was going to be for Jacks absence but with only the promise of more Vala in the second half.....I wonder?????????

Comment

Not having a romantic resolution between Jack and Sam has also effected my watching past episodes. I guess I felt that all that has happened to Jack and Sam was for a reason and that it was leading up to something spectacular; but without the spectacular it makes me feel like what was the reason? I'm not sure if that makes sense or not...I guess its like when you read a fan fic and the next chapter will be the one and it never gets written every time you go back and read the other chapters with no conclusion you wonder what the whole point was, what was the reason?....it almost becomes lifeless.

Comment

Working...
                                X