X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Just read this and found it very cute:

Strange Hell

Angsty...but also fluffy fic, very short...

Now time for bed, night all
    Me likes... a lot! Thx!
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      She probably has some idea. Every single military base I've been in, when you enter a building, there is a series of pictures of who is in the chain of command. I.e. This is general so and so, this is the joint chief, this is the secretary defense, this is the President. It would seem reasonable that Jack, as Head of Homeworld Security, would have his picture in a similar hallway in the SGC and/or Atlantis.
      I've only heard of those pics before in a fanfic, I didn't realise they actually exist.

*envisions Sam mentally blowing kisses to Jack's pic as she walks past it every day*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
        Trio scene

Spoiler:
        Wouldn't Keller know at least who O'Neill is and then wouldn't the "probably not" line in response to Keller asking if she'd know him not quite jive? It was wiggle talk for the sake of discretion, but Keller was talking abstractly about Senators so, by "know him" she must have meant "know of him", not "know him" as in, "did he go to my elementary school?".

I don't think the scene could have stayed in anyhow with all that evaluation talk. It's a little awkward and it just doesn't do a thing for an audience that probably started following Stargate after noticing lots of explosions when they were flipping through channels.
        Well, doncha know, it's pretty empty up here, so maybe Jack and Jennifer do buy beer and bait at the same store?

Trio:
        Spoiler:
        Seriously, though, I agree that's the bit in which I think Sam starts to hedge. She realizes when Jennifer asks the question, "Do I know him?" that she may have said too much and starts to fudge. There's sort of a shocked look on her face as she realizes Jennifer may be able to figure it out if she says too much more and she starts to get flustered. Before that, I think it really was just 'girl talk' and Sam had grabbed the opportunity she'd been dying to have of finally being able to, even obliquely, talk about her relationship and Jack. There's something so funny in the way she dives right into the subject of relationships from the study of evaluations that always cracks me up, as does Keller's reaction to the abrupt change. Which is why, to be honest, I think Keller knew Sam was in a relationship - the way she brought it up was as someone who'd been DYING to talk about it and had finally found the opportunity. Which again, makes me think it's a real full relationship Sam is excited about and not a subject of angst and doubt and hope and waiting.

Comment

Just read this and found it very cute:

Strange Hell

Angsty...but also fluffy fic, very short...

Now time for bed, night all
          Awe

I'm not usually into

Spoiler:
          baby fics

(or most fic forms) but that was just so, so sad and hopeful and believable.

Spoiler:
          Although, in a post-apocalyptic world, bottle-feeding would be difficult, but that's just minutiae and I see how the experience is what the story needed.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

*grabs trinity and pulls her back in*

Jann had to clean up her mess... but iz back now...since there is nothing on tv...

Someone time to do a RL viewing of an episode tonight!

Quotes ya say...

you know me

I want You!!!

*kiss kiss kiss*

or

Always!

*huggles*

Or

It's My Sidearm.. I swear..

Or

In the middle of my backswing!!!

Or

Jack- Wait a minute. Let me get something straight here. Engaged?
            Sam- It's theoretically possible.
            Jack- It's against regulations.
            Sam- I'm talking physics sir.

I can go on...but I'll be nice and stop
            Yes! Yes! This is the one I just saw! (think I bolded what I'm talking about)
            (I originally mixed up and said married, not engaged)

Jack is trying to figure out how that other guy (the other Jack) got so lucky, right?

OT
            Spoiler:
            In the episode I watched tonight they disobeyed orders and went to Daniel's address from the reality where Sam and Jack are engaged. Season 1 will be over soon and on to season 2!

sig made by Pic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Just had an evil thought. Should I add Kerry to the list who knew and therefore to the banner?

Edit: And Anise/Freya?
              I'd definetely keep Kerry, but I can't stand Anise/Freya!

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
              My list of people who know:

Daniel
              Teal'c
              Janet
              Hammond
              Jacob
              Adding to the list:
              ~ Kerry
              ~ Cameron and Vala (At least in my world!)
              ~ Elizabeth Weir
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                I've only heard of those pics before in a fanfic, I didn't realise they actually exist.

*envisions Sam mentally blowing kisses to Jack's pic as she walks past it every day*
                That totally cracks me up! I can so see that...as long as no one else was around! lol!
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                  I've only heard of those pics before in a fanfic, I didn't realize they actually exist.

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                  That totally cracks me up! I can so see that...as long as no one else was around! lol!
                  That's it! That's how we find out if Jack has been in Sam's chain of command since season 9! We need the camera to follow someone walking by the picture hallway so we can see if Jack's picture is anywhere in there!

I think we need a new campaign! We need to convince Joe to show us that picture wall! This would be a great way to start SG Universe! Then I'll never again have to break out the "we don't know enough about Jack's job to know if the regs still apply" post! Woo Hoo! Why didn't I think of this before!

Who's with me?

In case you couldn't tell, this post is entirely from my warped mind. Please don't petition Joe to show us the chain of command picture wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                    That's it! That's how we find out if Jack has been in Sam's chain of command since season 9! We need the camera to follow someone walking by the picture hallway so we can see if Jack's picture is anywhere in there!

I think we need a new campaign! We need to convince Joe to show us that picture wall! This would be a great way to start SG Universe! Then I'll never have to break out the "we don't know enough about Jack's job to know if the regs still apply" post! Woo Hoo! Why didn't I think of this before!

Who's with me?

In case you couldn't tell, this post is entirely from my warped mind. Please don't petition Joe to show us the chain of command picture wall.
                    I thought you had and I just missed it!
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      I thought you had and I just missed it!
                      Heehee, I meant, never again have to break out that post. Funny what one word missing will do...

Comment

*sigh* I hate it when the thread goes all quiet...

Look, why don't you at least let my, uh, wife here go...
                        Wife? Jack what are you talking about.
                        I thought it would be best to pretend Carter's my wife.
                        Uh, why?
                        You know, because the natives have very primitive thoughts about women and so we have to pretend to be married so that they don't try to steal her... what?
                        Actually, these natives have a very progressive culture when it comes to women's rights. In fact women here have the same rights as late twentieth century American women. Sam will be just fine here Jack.
                        Damn... So no late night accidental cuddling?

EDIT: The cod pieces in this picture crack me up.

Comment

I'm having trouble figuring out if these songs fit Sam and Jack for my song list so I am wondering someone can can give me some reasons, Season 4 and beyond but no Continuum because I've been lazy and haven't watch it yet, for these songs to fit so when I test them a final time with my Sam & Jack test I can keep those reasons in mind.

Home by Michael Buble

You Light Up My Life by Leann Rimes

Now and Forever by Richard Marx

Try And Love Again by The Eagles

At Your Side by The Corrs

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Incidently, just a little musing about deleted scenes and the Trio one. I've been giving it some thought and, actually, you know I'm glad it was deleted because... do I need to spoiler this? Oh heck I am going to justincase:
                            Spoiler:
                            The way the scene plays out it sounds very much like Sam's saying she has a potential guy back home but is not actually in a relationship, or at least a serious one with him... think about it:

"It's complicated"

and

"He's going to retire soon so maybe"

Not

"He's going to retire soon and when he does we're getting married." or "it was complicated but really we've worked that out now."[/i]

I dunno. It all sounds a bit like someone who is "not exactly" in a relationship of any major commitment or consequence, or someone whose still waiting for the right moment. I refuse the believe that Sam and Jack were, three years on from Threads, still dabbling around a casual dalliance; long distance and complicated because of that, sure, but why the maybe? Surely if they've been together since not long after Threads (and there's plenty of evidence to suggest they have and no real reason I can think of why they wouldn't) it seems unbelievable that they'd still be doubt on Sam's part about their future or that the relationshp would not have progressed beyind the early stage lightness and onto somethign deeper - heck, it already was somethign deeper before they even started!
                            Although, I have to say the stupid grin she's sporting throughout the scene and the overwhelming sense of contentment she portrays makes me think it's just silly to overanalyse the choise of words on their own.

Anyway, that's just me mulling it over and finally fining an excuse to post something I've been thinking about for a bit. Please resume normal service.

Cags
                            Spoiler:
                            the impact is in what KELLER says, which sam doesn't refute. it's a sneaky way of getting across that sam IS in a relationship. and notice sam's reactions to what keller's saying.

so sam didn't come right out and say what you said, but keller did and sam let her. which gives what impression?

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              the impact is in what KELLER says, which sam doesn't refute. it's a sneaky way of getting across that sam IS in a relationship. and notice sam's reactions to what keller's saying.

so sam didn't come right out and say what you said, but keller did and sam let her. which gives what impression?

Which gives me the impression of
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm smegging sick of "not exactly"!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                              I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                              Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                Hiya Family!

So, once again in the name of research I am watching "Secrets." I had a request from one reviewer to write a Campfire fic centered around Jack meeting Jacob for the first time. While rewatching, I was delighted at the shippyness and chemistry of this scene...

In spoilers for size, 'cause I've learned my lesson <g>
                                That was great!!!
                                Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                Did I miss the Shipsgiving announcement? It'll be my first one! (I feel a bit like Gretl in the Sound of Music!)
                                LOL! No, you didn't miss it. The group chose Saturday, November 22. That way, the celebration falls on a weekend day for Shippers all over the globe. It'll be Saturday here and Sunday in Australia and New Zealand. A good idea, eh?

The official invitation will appear as soon as Jann makes it! She just volunteered today...so we have to give her a couple of days!

Comment

Working...
                                X