This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
    Never thought about Jack not wanting Sam to suffer, and yes, that makes a certain amount of sense. But the way I saw it was, with Sam grieving for her father, it would seem insensitive for him to bring up relationship stuff at that point. I mean, "by the way me and Kerry broke up" seems out of place (yes, that's an insensitive way of putting it, but you know what I mean).

I never mean to suggest that he left her hanging on that front. I know he's not that insensitive. I just don't see him getting the chance to talk to her about it before she breaks up with Pete.

Maybe that's just the way I see it.

(snipped)

I never saw it as harsh. I thought it sounded more confused. I mean, she's never called him that before (that he can remember, he was pretty out of it on Antarctica)

Tossing in my 2 cents worth here ... I like to think Jack surely told Sam before they went to his cabin that he and Kerry had broken up. There's really no reason for him not to have done that, and she certainly would have told him by then that she'd had broken up with Pete (though there are numerous fanfictions out there where neither had told the other by the time they went to the cabin, and other stories where even after being at the cabin together neither knew about the other breaking off the other relationships). I think as soon as it was reasonably possible after Jacob died, they would have told each other.

And I agree with the comment about Jack's "excuse me" in "Grace". I don't think it was harsh or critical or anything of the sort. Just surprise that she called him "Jack". I think she could have called him "Homer" at that point and he wouldn't have cared, as long as she woke up and spoke to him. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      Hey kids! Great talks on...stuff. Love the pic spams, captions, artwork and fics.

Congrats Jumble on 4500 posts!!! And all the other milestoners. WTG!!!

And I can't believe no one has mentioned mara's new fic

No problem go...read...now!!!

Bye-bye!!!
      Lovely fic, and really well written Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Well, there's that but it's the white suit that does is for me
        Oh god yeah. Me too!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Morning shippers!

What do you mean you want to have a "man to man" talk?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            And I agree with the comment about Jack's "excuse me" in "Grace". I don't think it was harsh or critical or anything of the sort. Just surprise that she called him "Jack". I think she could have called him "Homer" at that point and he wouldn't have cared, as long as she woke up and spoke to him. But that's just me.
            I agree, too, about what Jack meant. I don't think Jack meant it to sound harsh or critical. I love the way, almost right after that as the convo goes on, he seems to be suppressing almost-glee that she's alive and okay and there. But I think, to SAM, it sounded harsh and critical... She was coming out of a long sleep and confused and not thinking clearly, and I don't think she noticed his overall attitude. Just those two words, which I think she took to mean she had crossed too far into the personal.

Comment

Hello Shippers ! Good Afternoon

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
              Okay...who let all this water onto the thread??? On the floor...hanging in the atmosphere...we need to clear things out with a little...

ANGST!

"Jack?"
              http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...era/cap626.jpg
              "Excuse me?"
              http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...era/cap627.jpg

*sob*

*sniff* ... i was doin' some catch up in the pages and then ... now i wanna cry when i watch Grace , i almost cry... why he said that, i know that they had to keep the professionalism in fisrt, but say 'HI' don't hurt anyone .... but good Caps by the way

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

For me Grace kiss is fluffy, angsty and guttery. Just perfect. *sigh*
              INDEED and is a great ,awesome, amazing kiss , but it would be much better if it wasn't an 'alucination'

Congrats on 4,500 Jumble and Josiane on 3,200 !
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                I agree, too, about what Jack meant. I don't think Jack meant it to sound harsh or critical. I love the way, almost right after that as the convo goes on, he seems to be suppressing almost-glee that she's alive and okay and there. But I think, to SAM, it sounded harsh and critical... She was coming out of a long sleep and confused and not thinking clearly, and I don't think she noticed his overall attitude. Just those two words, which I think she took to mean she had crossed too far into the personal.
                Okay ... now this I agree with. From Sam's point of view, it probably did sound like a bit of reprimand. After all, she was so used to him cutting her off so many times when she tried to talk to him, it would be understandable if she thought the same thing here. From Jack's point of view, I guess I "see" him internally doing a little happy dance that she was actually awake and speaking to him at that point that he could have cared less what she called him.
                Last edited by hedwig; 02 November 2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Aw, doing a little happy dance in his heart That's so cute

Comment

I'm back! I am taking today off--no work, no nothing, maybe take a nap later on!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                    I was actually thinking about this last week (was this discussion going on before I buggered out to work on the festival?) and I remember the first time I saw the show. When I heard Jack respond with "Excuse me?" I just about burst into tears! I heard a reprimand, so I can totally see how Sam would interpret it to be so. Do I think Jack meant it that way? Don't think so-more shock of anything since to him Carter only knows how to say "sir" or Colonel" But what she "heard" was the Colonel putting her in her place and that was just heartbreaking for me!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                      I'm back! I am taking today off--no work, no nothing, maybe take a nap later on!

I was actually thinking about this last week (was this discussion going on before I buggered out to work on the festival?) and I remember the first time I saw the show. When I heard Jack respond with "Excuse me?" I just about burst into tears! I heard a reprimand, so I can totally see how Sam would interpret it to be so. Do I think Jack meant it that way? Don't think so-more shock of anything since to him Carter only knows how to say "sir" or Colonel" But what she "heard" was the Colonel putting her in her place and that was just heartbreaking for me!
                      I agree completely with Amy. The only difference, I have probably shed a few tears with that scene! Jack was shocked, how could he not be, and it probably wasn't the best response, but it was probably the only one his brain was processing at the time, because of the shock.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Okay ... now this I agree with. From Sam's point of view, it probably did sound like a bit of reprimand. After all, she was so used to him cutting her off so many times when she tried to talk to him, it would be understandable if she thought the same thing here. From Jack's point of view, I guess I "see" him internally doing a little happy dance that she was actually awake and speaking to him at that point that he could have cared less what she called him.
                        Unfortunately, as is so often the case, neither of them noticed what was really important. Cause for one of the few times, Jack's mask slipped during that scene and everything he felt was clearly visible on his face:

And the same, really, for Sam:

And then, of course, she loses nerve and thanks him for "nothing" and his entire demeanor changes:

*sob*
                        (just in case you'd thought I'd left the cavern)

Comment

Please don't drag me into the cavern today! I'm too tired to resist!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Okay, I did. I just wrote it, but only because you asked. <g> You can find it at ff.net, it's called Second Star to the Right... I hope you like it.
                            I *loved* this! Thank you, Pol!!!
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                              All I have to say is: poor poor Sam.

Can you imagine the man you love more than your own life not allowing you to call him by his name? Not even once.
                              I don't think that's what he was doing at all. I beleive it was simple surprise that had him saying, "what??" when she called him by name. If Sam misinterpreted it as a reprimand, it's sad, but never intended that way.
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                                I *loved* this! Thank you, Pol!!!
                                :: blush :: You're welcome. That was my first 'by request' fic.
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X