X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    re: Claudia Black

Listen I believe that she is a talented actress that has to deal with garbage. It isn't her fault that Vala is written the way she was and I wish that they would make better use of her talents. She and BB have been horribly mismanaged on that show-not to mention the rest of the cast-including those that have been a big part of the show from the very beginning.

I always felt that RDA and Gecco pulling out of Stargate totally was indicative of some really bad vibes and with what the word is out of GABIT and the mediocre season thus far-I am convinced that they not only jumped the shark-they shot it and are serving it for dinner.

I am willing-becuz I do have some residual affection for the show-to wait and see how season 9 plays out-but seriously folks, unless it blows me away-and not because I am trying to run away-this is my last season. Fan fic-both the kind I write and the kind I read will carry on.
    Well I am on the fence as to whether to even continue watching season 9. I can't believe the are reducing Sam's role in favor of Vala. It stinks the way AT was treated concerning the matter. It makes we wonder if this has been in the planning stages since the beginning of the Season 8 filming. Both CJ and MS were pushing PU at the Dallas Con. Why would CJ push a ep he had no part in if TPTB didn't tell him to do so. They were setting us up for Vala.

It very hard to watch my favorite show go down the drain. It is even hard for me to watch the old eps knowing what is happening now to the team.

Jack didn't even get a proper send off and we still don't officially know what he is doing.
    Daniel has turned into someone we don't even recognize.
    Teal'c just blends into the background unless he has Jaffa business
    Sam has been reduced to a reoccuring role because they have no storylines for her. How about putting her back in command of SG-1 where she belongs?

I can't imagine what type of send off they will have for Sam if she decides not to sign.

I never liked that statement Sam made about the reproductive organs, but it seems there is alot of truth to that statement at Bridge Studios right now.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      <snip>

So do we bother with demands for resolution of the ship, better kicka$$ storylines for Sam or do we just let her zap 'em with the hand device? :evil grin:
      (((((Oma)))))
      That's hilarious !!!

I agree with you, I think we should get the penguins ready to raid the Bridge Studios, if this bad news is confirmed...
      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
        (((((Oma)))))
        That's hilarious !!!

I agree with you, I think we should get the penguins ready to raid the Bridge Studios, if this bad news is confirmed...
        i agree... get the penguins... raid the studio... yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! but pls dont let the rumors be true....
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

SCIFI December issue had to letters sent in about the changes in SG-1, one of the letter states "None of the people I know has complained about missing RDA" and "I do hear about how people love the chemistry between BB and MS and how people love the wonderful performance being given by the two actors." The other letter was by a person that was telling another previous writer, to get over the changes and give the show a chance, that nothing stays the same. We have to flood SCIFI with letters (please not nasty) stating our position on the show. If we don't tried and just walk away, the Titanic will have sunk again! We did it with Star Trek, lets try with Stargate! First letters and then petitions and then boycotting anything SCIFI and NBC. RDA saw it in the wind and another reason he walked away!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys!!!

yesterday i read your post and i get really sad , about all you've said... I forgot my english, until now i could think in something to say...

In my Latin America season 8 finnale is 3 weeks left and i don't think they air season 9, so for me season 8 would be the final season of Stargate Sg-1, however i´ll be in touch with you to see if things get better (that´s what i hope)...

My shipper friends i send you, all my positive Thoughts!!!

BYE
            Cc_gIrL

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

O'Neill, the penguins have reached the rendevous point.

All ahead chaps! Ready to march?. Marching song "theta" I think.

"We're penguins marching off to war
              To give the powers that be what for
              How dare they treat Sam 'n' Jack like that
              Gonna to teach them to write better than that!"

Jack: Great, we're nearly ready. Radio when they're in position. You and Dad bring 'em in.
              Teal'c: Acknowledged.

Okay chaps, just awaiting the signal.

Teal'c: JacobCarter, the penguins are in position.
              Jacob: Good. Radio Jack. Let's get this show back on the road.

Jack: Is everyone ready?
              Sam: Yes Sir!
              Teal'c: Indeed.
              Daniel: All set here Jack.
              Jack: All units we are GO! GO! GO!

Sam: I have RCC & BW cornered Sir! Shall I proceed with stage 2?
              Jack: Good work Carter. Hold while I get status reports. T, Daniel, where are we?
              Teal'c: The penguins have the remaining powers that be under control O'Neill.
              Daniel: Cast & Crew are secured Jack.
              Jack: OK Carter, proceed.

So do we bother with demands for resolution of the ship, better kicka$$ storylines for Sam or do we just let her zap 'em with the hand device? :evil grin:
              Fly-by post, from work:

OMG, Oma-1! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this! Outrageously funny! I'm definitely telling my fellow Samandans to pop over for this. Maybe our very own Duck Dodgers and Emu brigades can help out!

Just sayin', love the spirit here! We so need some humor about now...
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Calling all penguins!
                That is so cool, maybe the penguins from MADAGASCAR could be in on it too.
                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                Pay it forward

Comment

Cry HAVOC! and let slip the penguins of war!

C'mon PTB...lets see what you're made of...
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    SCIFI December issue had to letters sent in about the changes in SG-1, one of the letter states "None of the people I know has complained about missing RDA" and "I do hear about how people love the chemistry between BB and MS and how people love the wonderful performance being given by the two actors." The other letter was by a person that was telling another previous writer, to get over the changes and give the show a chance, that nothing stays the same. We have to flood SCIFI with letters (please not nasty) stating our position on the show. If we don't tried and just walk away, the Titanic will have sunk again! We did it with Star Trek, lets try with Stargate! First letters and then petitions and then boycotting anything SCIFI and NBC. RDA saw it in the wind and another reason he walked away!
                    This is a nice sentiment but being a complete cynic as it is SCIFI's newsletter and it is their show I think they would chose the letters which supports the current direction of the show????

Maybe not??!

Comment

Just thought I'd draw your attention to this thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=19045&page=4
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy Halloween !

I've tried to find shippy Halloween fics but there aren't so many. Here are the only ones I've found.

Ghost Stories, Campfires and SG-1 by Jo R.

Excuses, Excuses by Suz

Witch's Brew by Aeryn (warning : NC-17 fic)

Do you know other Halloween fics ? I'm always happy to find new fics
                        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Ooh...witches brew...Love that story
                          sigpic

Comment

Before I was a Sam and Jack fan I was a Jack(RDA) fan. He was the reason I started watching the show. I was flipping through the channels and saw RDA and thought, an hour of Richard Dean Anderson. WOO HOO. Over the years I have enjoyed the relationships that all the characters had with Jack but especially Sam and Jack. I truly tried to like the show this season but I could see nothing in it that kept me watching for eight seasons. Not only was Jack gone but the overall feel of the show was different, more sci-fi, harsher, crude humor, no human emotions. I have expressed these concerns in the anti-season nine thread because they were the only people who would discuss it. Everyone else kept coming up with reasons why we should watch no matter what. I guess I am slightly bitter because now that it affects other characters it seems that everyone is now ready to say what some have been saying all along. Being positive is important but taking anything that is thrown at you just out of loyalty is wrong. A really well written article you might like to read concerning the future of Stargate at http://www.syfyportal.com/features.php?id=169

Comment

((((((((shippperfamily))))))))))
                              everytime i visit this thread nowadays i always immediately start feeling depressed!!
                              i need cheering up people
                              its halloween and i'm bored and depressed!!!
                              can we have a little positiveness in this thread for once in a while? it always seems to be about complaining! so we don't exactly have much ship this season, we need to do the best with what we've got! lets have some happy ship memories from previous seasons or something to get us cheered up and forget about all the stuff that makes us feel sad. that's why i come here! to make me happy! i've just not been getting that.
                              ooo so lets talk about d&c or threads or something, that always makes me feel happy!

^^^ahhh cuteness!!
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

How about a picture-posting marathon?????????

I'm in a better mood now, cos I've had lots of green from likeminded GWers in several threads...not often I agree with the consensus!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X