Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another version of the collage I did yesterday...

*sigh*
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Nice work Suekay!

Mel (who had to say 'Hi' before passing out from staying up too late as always...)

Comment

I don't know how well Carter character is going to fit in at Atlantis. Isn't she going to be stepping on some of the other character's toes? I mean her visiting and helping out when there is a problem is great but to stay their for any length of time would under mine the positions of the other characters. Lets face it, she is definity smarter then McKay! Also, there are enough strong leading ladies on Atlantis, too many will cause conflicts on the show.
        sigpic

Comment

Aww.. that's so cute.. hopefully someone is wielding a video camera over there!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Yup...According to GABITeer ForeverSG1 (in a note to me):

You'll be happy to hear MB that Amanda made several shipper comments about Sam belonging to Jack during the auction that erupted in a roar of applause although the MC of the auction was definitely NOT a shipper.

They actioned off a Sam and Jack dog tags and they came in a little wooden box and she wore them both and walked around showing everyone and she kept saying 'Oooh Sam and Jack'... together at last... as it should be.
          sigpic

Comment

That's terrible, the way they're treating AT!!
            And I have to admit, I wouldn't like to see AT on Atlantis, at least not too much. No offence meant to AT or to Sam, but IMHO, it would be a bit of an insult to Rodney if they feel they need Sam there too. As far as ship goes, I don't think it would be a problem - Sam has clearly shown she's not interested, and she's with Jack now anyway. And sure, isn't Rodney
            Spoiler:
            supposed to be going out with Dr Heightmeyer?
            Last edited by shelsfc; 30 October 2005, 04:16 AM.

Comment

my GOD!!! i really dont come here any more( i am over on the Atlantis threads,) but the way that AT has been treated this year is quite appauling and i think that AT deserves better... i think that it should be her commanding SG! and i dont think that she belongs in ATlantis, they are their own show now..... i wonder what is gonna happen on atlantis in season 3 if sam is gonna be there.... *bottom lip trembles* aww i am getting all upset now *tear*
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Is it just me, or are there too many bad news lately?
                Stargate used to be fun, but now it even drags me down a bit.
                Sometimes I wish there wouldn't be a 10th season...at least not under these circumstances. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                  my GOD!!! i really dont come here any more( i am over on the Atlantis threads,) but the way that AT has been treated this year is quite appauling and i think that AT deserves better... i think that it should be her commanding SG! and i dont think that she belongs in ATlantis, they are their own show now..... i wonder what is gonna happen on atlantis in season 3 if sam is gonna be there.... *bottom lip trembles* aww i am getting all upset now *tear*
                  Yeah, they treat her horribly!
                  It seems like they don't know what to do with her character since Jack is gone and I hate that.
                  That's exactly what AT was afraid of: that Sam is just an addition to Jack and not a character of her own.
                  We know that this is not true. Sam is an awesome character!
                  Maybe the most interesting in the whole show and as much as I'm a shipper: her role works with our without Jack!
                  It's a shame that TPTB don't seem to have as much faith in her role and in her as we do.

I think Atlantis should stay Atlantis and not become an asylum for the poor, ejected, disrespectfully treated Stargate characters, for which there is no place in the "new" show anymore...

It's so sad, what they do with my favorite show. *weep*

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                    Is it just me, or are there too many bad news lately?
                    Stargate used to be fun, but now it even drags me down a bit.
                    Sometimes I wish there wouldn't be a 10th season...at least not under these circumstances. *sigh*
                    I won't be watching SG-1 if AT is gone and especially if they replace her with Vala.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I've calmed down a bit, but I still think that TPTB are being deeply cynical. And downright wrong if they think that no RDA=no ship and therefore nothing for Sam/AT to do. She's a kickass soldier/astrophysicist FCOL.

In the early seasons of Stargate, the ship was pretty subtle. We (the shippers) saw it, but other people didn't have to if they didn't want to. Even after the ship fest that was season 4, IMO, Sam still had plenty to do that wasn't just centred on the ship/angst.

IMO the entirely different tone of season 7 and the introduction of (who had far too much screentime btw), did bring the wrong kind of ship to the forefront. I thought at the time that it might be a good idea to have a season which explored their personal lives more, but in retrospect, I was probably wrong. Although we did at least get subtle ship in the S/J hugs & Lost City.

Since the debacle that was , the TPTB haven't really found anything non-ship related for her character to do. Although she started out as the leader of SG1, in season 8, this has never really been shown for more than a handful of episodes. Gemini was an exception to the strictly ship related stuff. They should have brought back the kickass Sam of earlier seasons more in season 8.

I'm still an s/j shipper and Threads is one of my all-time favourite episodes-in case you should get the wrong idea from any of the above. It would have been a great way to end the series. All I suppose I'm trying to say is that Sam being portayed as "Pete's gal", probably did more damage to her character that being "Jack's girl" ever could.

There is no reason why TPTB couldn't write her as a personally and professionally fulfilled character. But they a) didn't know how to or b) didn't think it would be interesting enough.

IMO there is no excuse for the way that AT has been treated. The tinest crumb of comfort is that it appears that TPTB don't intend to get her involved with anyone else. This seems like a pretty high price to pay for that though. To go from a main character on one show to effectively a recurring character on two.
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        I won't be watching SG-1 if AT is gone and especially if they replace her with Vala.
                        Me neither. Back to the season 1 - 8 DVDs again.
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          I don't know how well Carter character is going to fit in at Atlantis. Isn't she going to be stepping on some of the other character's toes? I mean her visiting and helping out when there is a problem is great but to stay their for any length of time would under mine the positions of the other characters. Lets face it, she is definity smarter then McKay! Also, there are enough strong leading ladies on Atlantis, too many will cause conflicts on the show.
                          It's a tough one, isn't it? I love Amanda! I really think she's fantastic! I'm also a huge Atlantis fan. If, as has been said, they're looking at 10 eps on Atlantis and 10 eps on Stargate, then she'd be a recurring character on both. That may be okay. BUT I say that because I think she's fabulous and I love both shows. You're going to find some Atlantis fans who don't watch SG1 would be extremely annoyed with the idea.
                          What's really weird is that Amanda Tapping and Torri Higginson are probably two of the most talented actresses on TV right now. You'd think they'd keep it as it is, with one on SG1 and one on Atlantis.
                          I'm not impressed with what I've read about TPTB not telling Amanda, and talking to the guys about the 10th season. That's so disrespectful to someone who's put a big chunk of her life into that show, and made it what it is today.
                          To keep a little more on-topic, great about the little bit of shipper news!
                          Cute! I can just imagine Amanda doing that! She's a funny girl!

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                            I've calmed down a bit, but I still think that TPTB are being deeply cynical. And downright wrong if they think that no RDA=no ship and therefore nothing for Sam/AT to do. She's a kickass soldier/astrophysicist FCOL.

In the early seasons of Stargate, the ship was pretty subtle. We (the shippers) saw it, but other people didn't have to if they didn't want to. Even after the ship fest that was season 4, IMO, Sam still had plenty to do that wasn't just centred on the ship/angst.

IMO the entirely different tone of season 7 and the introduction of (who had far too much screentime btw), did bring the wrong kind of ship to the forefront. I thought at the time that it might be a good idea to have a season which explored their personal lives more, but in retrospect, I was probably wrong. Although we did at least get subtle ship in the S/J hugs & Lost City.

Since the debacle that was , the TPTB haven't really found anything non-ship related for her character to do. Although she started out as the leader of SG1, in season 8, this has never really been shown for more than a handful of episodes. Gemini was an exception to the strictly ship related stuff. They should have brought back the kickass Sam of earlier seasons more in season 8.

I'm still an s/j shipper and Threads is one of my all-time favourite episodes-in case you should get the wrong idea from any of the above. It would have been a great way to end the series. All I suppose I'm trying to say is that Sam being portayed as "Pete's gal", probably did more damage to her character that being "Jack's girl" ever could.

There is no reason why TPTB couldn't write her as a personally and professionally fulfilled character. But they a) didn't know how to or b) didn't think it would be interesting enough.

IMO there is no excuse for the way that AT has been treated. The tinest crumb of comfort is that it appears that TPTB don't intend to get her involved with anyone else. This seems like a pretty high price to pay for that though. To go from a main character on one show to effectively a recurring character on two.
                            The thing that really gets to me is that Amanda wasn't contacted but the boys were. What boys club!! That really bugs me. To be completely honest, she and RDA were always my favourite. With him gone, there's no contest. She's number one. Having met her, I think she's one of the most amazing people.
                            She's too good to have people leave her in the dark like this. She came straight back to work as soon as possible after having her baby. Amanda deserves more respect than this!

Comment

To all of you

Sam Power !

Caty

Comment

I guess I can continue the debate despite being OT about Sam and Jack. It certainly affects them indirectly. I also apologize in advance if it sounds bitter or is depressing but well, season 9 and 10 has brought me to this. I believe that the decision to replace Sam with Vala (over time) was a planned move on the part of TPTB. They have made a conscious move towards a younger and predominately male demographic. Therefore, in their minds, Sam doesn't fit. Also, this group doesn't care about Sam and Jack. They want action not character development. Smart humor will be and has been replaced by sexual innuendos and bathroom humor. You could see it coming. When the writers and producers praise an episode like Promethius Unbound you know the show as we know it is in trouble. I wonder if this was an additional reason that RDA left the show? In Amanda's case I don't think she saw it coming which makes it all the worse. Sorry, I group CJ with MS with this new direction the show is taking. I think that he has gotten the short end this season but I don't feel sorry for him. Unfortunately, I believe that a lot more is going on behind the scenes than we know about. I also feel that this has been simmering since MS return. I can't help feeling angry and betrayed by a show that I have loved for 8 seasons. No Sam, No Jack, No Sam and Jack...if this is the case then I'm through.

Comment

Working...
                                X