X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    Pete! Fancy seeing you here!

Where are we transporting him to?

LOL! Well, Ne'tu is far too good for him....but it'll do for the moment!
    sigpic

Comment

OK I'm drawing a blank with shippy, but I got amusing and slightly S/J related. Will that do??

Good.

We just got ourselves a mini-bus for the family and were having a laugh discussing names and paint jobs. Hubby was voting for Fozzie's Electric Mayhem (The Muppets), the older kids were voting for the Mystery Machine (Scooby -Doo) while the younger ones want Edie McCreadies schoolbus (Balamory - if you never heard of it count yourself blessed). Funnily enough, once I mentioned my preference, the arguing stopped and everyone agreed. Well trained if I say so myself

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...iebusjack1.jpg

Unfortunately my mechanic's a$$ doesn't look that good
      Mine's does. Did I ever mention my hubby is a mechanic?
      Cute idea for the minibus. I have a minivan, but no cute paint job, my other car does have a P3X-*** liscence plate though. I don't think anyone has caught on yet. I've been driving it around since May and no one has said anything.
      sig by PM

Comment

QE - LMAO!!!!!!!!

DipsofJazz - I thought we were 'shipping' Pete to Edora?????? Surely a fate worse than getting dumped!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Penguins!!!!!

I can't remember who posted this first, but I thought it was hilarious!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

DipsofJazz - I thought we were 'shipping' Pete to Edora?????? Surely a fate worse than getting dumped!
            You're right. I completely forgot about that. I'm sure he'll be very happy there with 'her'!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              Damn.... there is so much fun and I have to leave...

SueKay, Congrats on your 4000!!!!!!!!!!

Regarding the penguins... I remeber somebody telling the story of how it started when I first came to GW, but I don't remember who or when it must be in the archives....

Yep, here it is , the whole story http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=562
              And congratulations suekay on your 4000 post .

Comment

Originally posted by Sheena
                Sorry if i need spoilers for this - i don't know how to do them!!

Watched Origin last night - does anyone else think RDA looked ill??

Also, why on the opening credits did they put the actors names but not characters names and when they got to daniel it says "Michael Shanks playing Daniel Jackson"?? As if we don't know.... Why on him and not the others.
                Yes, I noticed RDA didn't look too well. His color was absolutely grey. Could explain his real reason for quitting the show. Hope not.

Comment

I agree with you 100%. When I read they had renewed sg1 for the 10th season, I thought, oh crap, there goes the chance for a movie with RDA starring. Just so sad. If the next few episodes aren't better, I'm outta here. The Vala character is enough reason to stop watching!!

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    So, why am I not excited about a Season 10??? Could it be that thus far Season 9 is dreadfully disappointing? With the exception of Jack's appearances, Sam's return and the gratuitous Ship bits, yeah, disappointing on the Ship Front especially. But, it's more than that cause I really liked SG-1for the scifi, action, adventure, too.

I am not opposed to series changes when done so intelligently and with an explanation to the viewers. Sometimes it works for me and other times not. For example, I was a big fan of MASH series (Oy, I was a young girl in the 70's) and when Colonel Potter replaced Lt.Colonel Blake as the commanding officer of the MASH unit in Korea, I was devastated and resistant to accept the new guy. In Stargate, Landry is to Potter, as Jack is to Blake. When Potter joined the unit, the other MASH characters were virtually the same with their established relationships and storylines. So, Potter's arrival was one major character change unlike Stargate's Season 9 multi-character changes.

I learned to like and respect Potter as he was accepted by his officers and the men and women under his command. What made it possible? Well, sg-1 fanintn and others have already said it. Unlike SG-1'S TPTB, MASH's TPTB intelligently planned for and explained the change of characters to the viewers within the storyline.
                    Such an excellent example of what we've been discussing, nell!
                    ((((Nell, TN)))) I hear ya honey! It is unbelievable that Jack hasn't been given proper send-off. I think I'm lucky having had to wait all these weeks for SG-1 in the UK cos it's given me time to mentally box up all the stuff that's just pure cr@p, attach some C4 (2 blocks - just to make sure ) blow it to hades and pretend it doesn't matter. That way I've managed to ignore all the problems and take the story as it comes.

I've been delving into ship fic a fair bit in the last few weeks to get my Sam & Jack fixes. Just finished Soldiers of Misfortune by JackieONeillNut - that was excellent. Mission gone sour, bit of Jack whumping, lots of BHKs, then lots of angst, followed by more angst, a bit of RST and finally an epilogue so fluffy Joe would be desperate to get some for his latest ice cream creation
                    Links here somewhere ..... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2565529/1/
                    It looked so good that I had to download it! I'm printing it now to take to the mountains this weekend! What? You don't expect me to go without some good S/J fanfic, do you?

Comment

RDA did the scenes for Origin in March or early April. I agree that he looked "off" on the show. However, I live in Atlantic Canada. RDA was in Prince Edward Island in March for a press conference about the seal campaign. I can't believe that he was 3 hours away AND I MISSED IT. By the time I saw online that he was in Charlottetown it was about 2 hours past the time he was going to appear. Anyways, he was on our local news quite a lot. I don't think that ATV (Atlantic Television) spends a lot of money on special effects. Despite the fact that you could see that he was favoring his leg and had a terrible cold he looked...well...like he always does...GOOD. His hair was a bit longer but he didn't look sick or tired. I don't know why he looked the way he did in Origin. There is no reason why a show that spends so much on a single special effect would have that scene with Jack look so bad. Again, just one of many things that cannot be explained. Someone said yesterday that they felt that something else was going on and we are not getting all the facts. I agree. Something about RDA leaving, season 9 and 10 and the "new and improved SG1" seems hinky.

Comment

Wow! Some great stuff on the S/J Ship Thread tonight! I'm all out of green right now, but everyone has had such interesting things to say!

LOL4JACK, thanks for all the special moments!

nell, you're always saying what I'm thinking!

Oma-1, it's just good to have you here! Love the idea of you on a magic bus with your family. Are you sure your mechanic's bum doesn't look like that?

dipsofjazz, love the little penguin in a cage! Have lots of fun at GABIT, and please listen carefully for any shippy news!

jafacakes, thanks for posting the penguin story. I've saved that post now.

shelsfc, love the penguin action!

gatetrixer, I hope I acknowledge your comments on the thread often enough. I just love giving you green, cause you make so much sense!

And sueKay, congratulations on 4,000 posts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          Just popped in to say hi. I'm in the process of packing for Gabit this weekend. Woohoo! I can't remember the full story about the penguins at the moment, and I don't have time to look at the archives (it's very easy to get lost in there!), but I'm sure another shipper will tell us the full story soon.
                          I'll probably be here in Gateworld tomorrow, and then I fly down to London on Friday afternoon. I'll try to get online at some point over the weekend to post any news.
                          what are the dates for gabit again?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I think it's Friday through Sunday. I'm so jealous that I can hardly stand it! Not only are they all going to meet Amanda, but all our online pen pals are going to meet each other!!!!! ChopinGal even gets to go to a cocktail party with Amanda and only a few dozen other people! Sounds like a great time!

Comment

Jack: The Shippers are hungry for some Ship!!! But, TPTB aren't serving Ship this season.
                              Sam: I'm thinkin'!!
                              Jack: I hear the wheels and cogs moving, Sam!!
                              Sam: Jack, I got it!!!

Jack: Green jello for all the Shippers!!!
                              Sam: Psst, Jack!!
                              Jack: What Sam??
                              Sam: **whispers** They still look hungry!!!
                              Jack: Now what???
                              Sam: I'm thinkin'!!
                              Jack: Hurry up, they're licking their lips and looking at me!!!
                              Sam: That's it!!! Jack, c'mere!!
                              Jack: Sam, now you're licking your lips.......

**thanks to fill-in-the-blank for the caps**
                              Last edited by nell; 26 October 2005, 06:28 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Such an excellent example of what we've been discussing, nell!

It looked so good that I had to download it! I'm printing it now to take to the mountains this weekend! What? You don't expect me to go without some good S/J fanfic, do you?

((((sg-1fanintn)))) Thanks, you remember M*A*S*H, too??!!

Have a great weekend in the mountains!! I hope you enjoy a stunning display of the autumn leaves in orange, yellow, and red!!! Are you having a one or two ream fanfic weekend??? Hee, hee!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X