Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ship Day 2012: Tenth Annual Sam/Jack Celebration!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to laugh - I was thinking about that same line! I was working on my gif while you were working on your art.

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #72

I just love that he turns to Sam while chatting away on his walkie

Comment

Jack Look #73

One of the things I love most about Jack is that he's completely comfortable with the fact that Sam is "way smarter" than he is. He asks her question without shame... and I think sometimes just to have the chance to talk with her.

Comment

Jack Look #74

This one is yet again Jack admiring Sam when she isn't looking

Comment

Jack Look #75

Ah, we come the *the* episode. The moment when Sam makes important life decisions while suffering from a concussion. Her decision making could have only been improved by adding vodka... but we're talking about *Jack* here so for your angst-viewing pleasure:

She's missing and they're hunting. Daniel is trying vainly to offer words of comfort. I'm still convinced that this was the moment when Daniel woke up from his nose in the book slumber and began to realize that maybe, just maybe, there was more to Jack and Sam than what was on the surface.

My evidence:

Great confused look there Danny boy.

I lumped all these together because I didn't see these as "separate" expressions but really one long continuous one:

Jack telling Hammond they found nothing.

Later...

And I must include a shot of our first shipper, Teal'c, who I am convinced must reside in the Cavern of Angst because for crying out loud - HE'S SMILING!!! His friend is obviously deeply troubled and his other friend is unaccounted for. Only a deep, deep cavern dweller could *enjoy* that angst:

Comment

Jack Look #76

This is technically Sam's hallucination, but I felt it worth posting because it is Jack's expression from HER point of view. Unlike what we've seen, notice how neutral his eyes are. They're friendly but they lack the depth that the real Jack often has. It's so beautifully nuanced as Sam sits there and questions his feelings. She doesn't know and therefore can't put the corresponding emotion in his eyes.

And of course, I can't post this without:

Comment

Jack Look #77

Again, before Sam sees him, look at his soft expression. He watches over her, waiting. No doubt he had no idea when she would wake up, but this is where he wants to be.

Comment

Jack Look #78

This is such a contrast to the way he looked before!! Look at the humor, the calm, the relief. Of course, as we know... this is all about to change...

Comment

Jack Look #79

I find it interesting that from the moment Sam gets in the elevator Jack attempts to maintain a neutral expression and look everywhere except at her. Normally he takes advantage of these moments. I suspect that given his emotional reaction in "Grace" he's been slapped on the wrist so to speak. He's been forced to face the fact that the emotions he suffered from three years ago are still as deep as ever... of course... as the elevator goes we see that forced distance through their conversation about Sam's humming...

I want to also point out that yet again that although they aren't facing each other, they're still mirroring. Jack tries so hard in these scenes to look like he doesn't care, but his eyes always betray him. He's just not as hard as he perhaps once was.

Comment

Jack Look #80

Notice how guarded Jack is. His head is tilted back and his eyes reveal that he knows he losing something here. He's trying to support Sam as she talks about Pete but it's taking more out of him than he would ever admit.

Comment

Jack Look #81

At this very moment there is nothing Pete will ever be able to do to get into Jack's good graces. He's watching Sam tend to the man who a) stalked her b) almost screwed their op. Right now, I have to believe that Jack is imagining how good mashed potatoes would be.

Comment

Jack Look #82

When I saw this picture the first thought I had was "Jack really truly *sees* Sam." There's sympathy, an understanding in his eyes as he watches her try to put herself together again after a terrifying ordeal. He knows. He's been there.

Comment

Jack Look #83

His eyes speak volumes about how he sees Sam. At the beginning he saw her as young, vibrant, fun, and he flirted. Then they were filled with hope, longing... and the longing hasn't left, but now there's an understanding. Through each ordeal that Sam suffers she takes one step closer to the jaded reality the Jack lives in... and I think he feels helpless to change it, but here, *here* there's something in his eyes where it dawns on him that if Sam lost him, it might mean just as much agony for her as losing her would do to him.

Comment

Jack Look #84

Where as usually his guardedness makes it seem as though he's going to back off, here his eyes say that he's not going to give away the game, but if she steps forward, he'll play. However they're interrupted by DONUT BOY... :: mutters :: and we see them share a similar look of regret:

Comment

Jack Look #85

I know, I know, he's frozen... but his eyes are on her. How telling that the last face he wanted to see was Sam's...

Comment

Working...
                                X