Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    I don't really read DV fics but here's a SJ fic with a healthy heavy does of DV too
    Finding_the_Road_to_Happily_Ever_After
    *taps fingers on chin* Hmm....I don't like reading S/J fics....but I like D/V fics...so do I try and get through the S/J to find the D/V....hmmm....

Either way, thanks for the rec

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
      I think not only yours...

Plus, Beachhead was a specific episode, in which Carter was coming back, so they sort of had to make a ground for it = show how bad and annoying Vala is, no matter whether it's true or not, so the audience can "sigh with relief" and welcome their "beloved" Carter
      Except, honestly, I didn't think Vala had really done anything particularly bad in that episode. In truth, I thought BW had written her pretty consistently with how she'd been in previous episodes. The thing that was written poorly, from at least my perspective, was EVERYONE else. Even Sam, who's not a "mean" character got in on the action - which I'm pretty sure went a long way in my immediately negative feelings for the character (which have obviously eased over time). It's weird because the only person who actually "defended" (and I use that term VERY loosely) Vala was Cam "Aw, she's good fun." It was kinda patronizing but at least he was giving her break.

Like I said, I don't think the problem was with Vala - I think it was the fact that BW chose to kind of "demonize" the rest of the team in order to amplify Vala's ultimate heroic sacrifice. I happen to think that that's a lazy way to go about things...but I'm not a writer so...

In the end, it's not a huge thing. I just tend to skip over BH in S9 much in the same way I tend to skip over CoT in S10.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm watching now an Italian movie called Malena and there was that hearthbreaking moment in which townfolks, especially women, beats and stones at Monica Belluci because they think she's unfaithful and flirting and having sex with her husbands. And it was really sad, I mean, downright hurtful to watch because it was so realistic. And at that exact moment, I thought of Vala. If she really stoned by her own people or other villages because of Qetesh and had the same treatment like in the movie, it's really understandable why she's so ****ed up in emontional levels. I'm not even talking about the problems of being an ex-host or forced to live with her memories even after Qetesh had gone. But even that kind of beating moment is more than enough to f.ck you up quite nicely.
        sigpic
        Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
          hahahahahahaha...showing your age there Mag,
          I was just explaining about Jaffa oranges to my kids earlier today...do you remember if were they from Egypt or Israel?
          LC
          They still exist and can be bought with ease, age indeed, hold on there, rolleyes, look! . They're probably associated with Israel and Palestine but they're a type of orange that originally came from China I think and are grown in the Middle East and elsewhere, didn't California have a big orange population . Limited skin and few seeds, although the ones I remember, (don't particular like large oranges,) actually seemed quite thick skinned.

See, intelligence wit and Jaffa knowledge. Who said, google? Lies!

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
            They still exist and can be bought with ease, age indeed, hold on there, rolleyes, look! . They're probably associated with Israel and Palestine but they're a type of orange that originally came from China I think and are grown in the Middle East and elsewhere, didn't California have a big orange population . Limited skin and few seeds, although the ones I remember, (don't particular like large oranges,) actually seemed quite thick skinned.

See, intelligence wit and Jaffa knowledge. Who said, google? Lies!

Mag
            Originally posted by Magnecite

See, intelligence wit and Jaffa knowledge. Who said, google, lies!

Mag
            You appear to be stuttering Mag(see I can do those too,lol)
            Oh you still get them?....I haven't seen the 'Jaffa' sticker on the oranges we get since I was little...we get our oranges mostly from California and Florida...altho the specialities like Clementines etc do still come from the Middle East. Tell you the truth tho I don't remember exactly what Jaffas were like.
            LC
            sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
            http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
              You appear to be stuttering Mag(see I can do those too,lol)
              Oh you still get them?....I haven't seen the 'Jaffa' sticker on the oranges we get since I was little...we get our oranges mostly from California and Florida...altho the specialities like Clementines etc do still come from the Middle East. Tell you the truth tho I don't remember exactly what Jaffas were like.
              LC
              Boards sticky, all that orange juice.

On a serious note, General Hammond has died, well Don S. Davis. I liked him. He was Scully's Dad too, well in the X files.

Mag
              Last edited by Magnecite; 30 June 2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                Really? The moments that have always kind of tested their metal to me were the more serious ones. In "Avalon, Part 2," you finally saw a softening in their relationship after Vala's burning...in "The Powers That Be" it was only when in the midst of the virus that they finally found some common ground...in "Counterstrike," the whole idea of losing a loved one allowed Daniel to really open up about Sha're with Vala for the first time...in MM, well, you know what happened in MM Plus, then you have the serious conversation in "The Shroud" which I adore, and pretty much the whole of "Dominion" was about Daniel seeing the pain Vala was in and trying to support her.
                Those serious times are definitely the times when most character development is shown, but also the times that test Daniel's patience to the max. I think he likes Vala's free spirit and rebellion when it's about silly little things and nothing's in the balance, but he gets upset when those attitudes come out in serious times. Unending, for instance, and other little scenes where Vala's all "We should steal it" or "We should kill him". They have very different ways of dealing with stress, and usually one has to tolerate the other in the serious episodes. I can see them having a great life assuming no one and nothing is danger—Daniel's open-minded, and Vala's gently softening him up—but it's those tough times that try them.

I'm not saying they'll be a huge issue, as long as they continue to be open and accomodating as they often are on the show, just that if Vala ever tries Daniel's patiences it's because she's making light of something he thinks is important.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Ok. I'm going to officilly switch my vid bugging from my previous request. (I can just see some people wiping their foreheads in relief!)

I came across this song on a different thread. Soooo cute!

The Archaeologist Song

Hey, you guys are the ones I'm experimenting on this time! Hope the link looks the way I want it to!

Edit! Yay me! It worked!!!
                  S'ok I'm quoting myself. Not quite kosher I know, but I wanted to check the link and make sure it worked. Nope! On the plus, it looked pretty! Try number two, The Archaeologist Song
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

On a serious note, General Hammond had died, well Don S. Davis. I liked him. He was Scully[s Dad too, well in the X files.

Mag
                    I was so sad when I heard that. So surprised too. I guess that's how it must always be with heart attacks, nothing much to warn you it's coming. I loved him playing Hammond so much, and Scully's dad too He was so fatherly to everyone I'm glad we got the chance to have him in Continuum before this happened, one last time to see him in action.
                    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                      Those serious times are definitely the times when most character development is shown, but also the times that test Daniel's patience to the max. I think he likes Vala's free spirit and rebellion when it's about silly little things and nothing's in the balance, but he gets upset when those attitudes come out in serious times. Unending, for instance, and other little scenes where Vala's all "We should steal it" or "We should kill him". They have very different ways of dealing with stress, and usually one has to tolerate the other in the serious episodes. I can see them having a great life assuming no one and nothing is danger—Daniel's open-minded, and Vala's gently softening him up—but it's those tough times that try them.

I'm not saying they'll be a huge issue, as long as they continue to be open and accomodating as they often are on the show, just that if Vala ever tries Daniel's patiences it's because she's making light of something he thinks is important.
                      I don't know if I would say that exactly cause Vala jokes around plenty during tense situations and doesn't earn the same reaction from Daniel that she does in others. I personally believe that Daniel has never liked the thieving, rogue side of her personality. I saw his reaction to her in "Unending" more in regards to her reverting back to her "old ways." Using people for her own entertainment - using HIM for her own entertainment. It's not that she makes light of serious situations...it's that she makes light of him and their relationship. They had built up a solid relationship over season 10 and then she starts trashing it by propositioning him in the most blatantly sexual ways. He probably thought that they had reached a point in their relationship where they were beyond that, where they were forming something deeper and more meaningful than just sex...but then there she was with the handcuffs and the beeline to the belt.

Like I said, I don't think it's the joking in the serious times that bothers Daniel - I think it's the reversion back to old-school Vala that he doesn't care for (hence why he gets annoyed when she starts toying with people and when she makes plans to steal or kill people). Remember, Vala joked all the time to cover up her feelings about Adria and Daniel wasn't angry with her then. He can get frustrated with her, but most of the time I think it's that kind of "I love this person but sometimes they drive me insane" kind of way - AoT is a prime example of that. There was annoyance and banter but I never thought it was mean-spirited. So don't think I'm trying to say he doesn't like her personality which is naturally tied to her past life...just the actions and attitudes she had towards other people is what I believe he objects to most.
                      -Stef

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                        'This is Home' is a song written and recorded by the alternative Christian rock band Switchfoot, and is featured on the soundtrack for the 2008 film The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. The song was featured during the end credits of the film.

"`This Is Home` was inspired by the book after re-reading it for the opportunity to write for the film. I am always taken by [C. S.] Lewis' ability to write about the bittersweet beauty in this world; this home we aren`t really made for but is the place we work out our humanity in the midst of our longing for our true home."

Oh I cry so when I listen to this song. How we are here to live but how I long for "Home". There are things we are here to do but I want to go Home.....

Phillipians 1 21-23 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;
                        Oh I love Switchfoot and also Prince Caspian, what a greaet combo

On a serious note, General Hammond had died, well Don S. Davis. I liked him. He was Scully[s Dad too, well in the X files.

Mag
                        Oh that is so incredibly sad , I love Don S Davis and his great acting in many different shows, glad we get him in Continumn though.

On a very different note I have posted a new chpater onto my Qetesh story.

The Past returns: Memories of Qetesh Chapter 3

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Hey guys - with a hand from a couple fruitcakes i managed to get the first chapter of my newest fic - Turn Out the Light - posted tonight to LJ and ff.net if you're interested please let me know what you think!

oh these are the lyrics to the song that inspired it if anyone is interested
                          Spoiler:
                          BORROWED TIME
                          ~Leahy~

Come and sit here by my side
                          For our time will soon be gone
                          And these tears I cannot hide
                          For it's your turn to move on
                          I know you were never really mine
                          You were given to me
                          On borrowed time
                          Now I shall stay here on my own
                          For I know you've been
                          Called home

Chorus

Turn out the light
                          And let me love you
                          One more night
                          Hold me tight
                          Oh baby
                          Tell me everything
                          Is gonna be alright

Now I know I must be strong
                          For what else can I do
                          Won't be easy to go on
                          For I must learn to live
                          Without you
                          I know that life cannot be bought
                          And there's nothing I should fear
                          For you'll go no further than God
                          And God is very near

Turn out the light
                          And let me love you
                          One more night
                          Hold me tight
                          Oh baby
                          Tell me everything
                          Is gonna be alright
                          Is gonna be alright

Now it's time to let go
                          It's just part of the plan
                          So many answers we don't know
                          But some day we'll understand
                          Someday

Turn out the light
                          And let me love you
                          One more night
                          Hold me tight
                          Oh baby
                          Tell me everything
                          Is gonna be
                          Alright
                          Turn out the light
                          And let me love you
                          One more night
                          Hold me tight
                          Oh baby
                          Tell me everything
                          Is gonna be alright

Nat
                          My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Mag
                            Ohh!!! I liked him too. It's so sad.
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                              I don't know if I would say that exactly cause Vala jokes around plenty during tense situations and doesn't earn the same reaction from Daniel that she does in others. I personally believe that Daniel has never liked the thieving, rogue side of her personality. I saw his reaction to her in "Unending" more in regards to her reverting back to her "old ways." Using people for her own entertainment - using HIM for her own entertainment. It's not that she makes light of serious situations...it's that she makes light of him and their relationship. They had built up a solid relationship over season 10 and then she starts trashing it by propositioning him in the most blatantly sexual ways. He probably thought that they had reached a point in their relationship where they were beyond that, where they were forming something deeper and more meaningful than just sex...but then there she was with the handcuffs and the beeline to the belt.

Like I said, I don't think it's the joking in the serious times that bothers Daniel - I think it's the reversion back to old-school Vala that he doesn't care for (hence why he gets annoyed when she starts toying with people and when she makes plans to steal or kill people). Remember, Vala joked all the time to cover up her feelings about Adria and Daniel wasn't angry with her then. He can get frustrated with her, but most of the time I think it's that kind of "I love this person but sometimes they drive me insane" kind of way - AoT is a prime example of that. There was annoyance and banter but I never thought it was mean-spirited. So don't think I'm trying to say he doesn't like her personality which is naturally tied to her past life...just the actions and attitudes she had towards other people is what I believe he objects to most.
                              -Stef
                              That's more or less what I was trying to get at...though I do think her joking about anything serious bugs him a little, just because that always seemed to bug him when Jack did it, even if he doesn't always react to it. I think he lets it go more because he knows it's a defense mechanism (whereas he didn't think that about Jack).

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

*sneaks in*

*sneaks out*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X