No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Back and Happy Birthday Milena!!!

Hugs about Realtor house issues I understand
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Ha! Well...actually, you are probably like the prodigal fruitcake. Here I am working on scrapbook ideas, desperately trying to keep the thread going for these past few months. Meanwhile you're off doing non-fruitcake-y things, abandoning the thread to a slow and painful death by silence. But the minute your birthday rolls around, all celebrate and rejoice and welcome you back with open arms....and slaughter the fattened calf for you. Why didn't anyone slaughter the fattened calf for me?! *grumbles*

-Stef
      Well, if you want to get biblical now...it's because everybody knows the good book favours the only child and/or the last child. The first child is meant for sacrifice (like the 7th plague thing), the last is meant for important destinies (Moses, Joseph King of Dreams)...I can't help it that I'm special

And besides, who am I to resist an XFiles marathon, there are a LOT of episodes!!! *drools over Kryczek*

EDIT: Thanks Erika!! Selling a house sucks My room is so clean it's almost sterile-looking! I could perform a covert alien autopsy in my room it's so sterile ....damn X Files
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
        Well, if you want to get biblical now...it's because everybody knows the good book favours the only child and/or the last child. The first child is meant for sacrifice (like the 7th plague thing), the last is meant for important destinies (Moses, Joseph King of Dreams)...I can't help it that I'm special
        Dude, you totally missed my whole point. I acknowledged that I was the long suffering sister. No matter what I do I'm always destined to be slighted or sacrificed. No matter how hard I try, I'm still going to be mistreated or die a horrible death *sniff* Although, I suppose there is hope for me *cough* if you're looking at the New Testament *blinks sweetly*

But enough bible ("mmm, good bible" ), let's discuss of more pleasant things—of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—of cabbages—and kings—

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sorry, your birthday wasn't fantabulous, Milena...the flu, forgetting mothers and realtors?? lovely

But your wonderful fruitcakes love you so that's gotta feel great!!

So, in getting ready for my AoT day--yes, I'm still going to try to get the day off, we'll see how that flies--what do you think are crucial S9 and 10 eps that should not be missed?

Av1, 2 and Origin: of course
          TTB: (only cuz I love it)
          PTB: (cuz, well, cuz it's 'portant)
          Beachhead: (funny how these are all Vala eps )
          Babylon: maybe
          Prototype: maybe/maybe not
          FH1 and 2: again, maybe/maybe not
          Ethon: possibly
          Arthur's Mantle, Crusade, Camelot, definitely

F&B: yep
          Morpheus: eh, maybe/maybe not
          PP: definitely with a capital D!!!
          Counterstrike: I think so
          MM: possibly, I mean the Clavica-something or other is introduced
          Q1 and 2: yeppers
          LITS: I think so
          RNT: hmm...maybe/maybe not
          Shroud: most definitely
          Dominion: a big fat YES!!
          Unending: and well, yeah, probably

Hmm...I've 12 eps in each season...that's 24 eps...(2nd grade math, for some reason, does not escape me ) I think I may need to streamline this to just the important scenes. You know, just the ones with DV in them, kidding.

Is anyone else thinking of having their own marathon? Or am I the only insane one? What? Yes. Yeah, I thought so.

And as for the scrapbook. I like whoever's idea it was of adding little notes here and there. Like how we came to be shippers; what our ultimate shippy moment is--or at least top 3; maybe our favorite screencap or pic--or again, top 3

There, I came up with an idea or the continuation of an idea. I'm so bad at brainstorming. But if anyone likes this idea, I could keep a record of people's stories, lists and favs. Just volunteering.

~Erin

Comment

Dude, you totally missed my whole point. I acknowledged that I was the long suffering sister. No matter what I do I'm always destined to be slighted or sacrificed. No matter how hard I try, I'm still going to be mistreated or die a horrible death *sniff* Although, I suppose there is hope for me *cough* if you're looking at the New Testament *blinks sweetly*

But enough bible ("mmm, good bible" ), let's discuss of more pleasant things—of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—of cabbages—and kings—
            -Stef
            Subtle, Stef That's from Alice and Wonderland, right...that awful Walrus and the Carpenter poem...? *shudders*

Comment

sounds like a good marathon to me.

good refresher line up
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

*giggles* Susan, you highlighted the part about me being insane...So, you really think I am insane?? *sniff, pouts*

Just kidding...

It might have almost been easier to pick which ones were definitely not necessary for pre-AoT viewing. Anyhoo, some of these probably aren't really necessary either...we've got 6 nights left for viewing, maybe we can squeeze in 2 a night...and Saturday and Sunday when maybe we can watch more than 2...hmm...though I'm not much of an organizer...and this is incredibly last minute...but if I were going to do this I'd start with the Av-Origin trilogy tomorrow night...or I could just be quiet

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  sounds like a good marathon to me.
                  http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...la/DVTTB28.jpg

good refresher line up
                  Thanks, Erika. I tried to think of anything with the Ori in it at all.

Hmm...is Daniel making fun of me?

~Erin

Comment

Hello my cream cheese frosted Fruitcakes!
                    SHE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Thank you, darling! Good luck on those midterms! I'm sure A's are in your future!
                    well we'll see about that lol

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurty!!! From where
                    Behind the scenes on my Farscape PK Wars DVD that I just bought. and i capped it myself *is still proud she figured that out all by herself!*

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post

That's a long list Nat, are those all vids or songs you think would suit DV.

Mag.
                    Mix of both, some of them are songs that I heard on vids and thought fit, some of them are songs from the radio or tv or my friends playlists that seemed to work as well. it's been about a year in compiling that so far...and it grows probably weekly
                    Don't get me started on my sam/jack and john/aeryn playlists *rolls eyes* gosh i'm odd.

Dude! We were on page 1907 last night!! Someone stole two pages from us!!

-Stef
                    WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?????

Ha! Well...actually, you are probably like the prodigal fruitcake. Here I am working on scrapbook ideas, desperately trying to keep the thread going for these past few months. Meanwhile you're off doing non-fruitcake-y things, abandoning the thread to a slow and painful death by silence. But the minute your birthday rolls around, all celebrate and rejoice and welcome you back with open arms....and slaughter the fattened calf for you. Why didn't anyone slaughter the fattened calf for me?! *grumbles*

-Stef
                    ...do you want me to slaughter a calf for you?...I mean I can *rummages for knives* I can get one from my great uncle's farm on Prince Edward Island *looks for rope* and it would make better food than what I eat in the cafeteria here *puts on shoes and hat and grabs shotgun to head out to the barn* (yes i AM a hick)

...I mean...this is about you right? PRAISE STEF....or something...

and that is all...time to sleep and then write a couple tests and then i'll be back her tomorrow night giddy as a fruitcake...wait...? yeah. so that is something my grandmother actually says. weird. anyways i will be back here for a night of fun and joy and fic writing and scrapbook planning and fun and DV-liciousness (oh good one nat)

and if i'm here all alone I might cry. and be mad. this is not a threat merely a gentle SHOVE for some fruitcakes to hang out tomorrow night like stef keeps reminding me....the oven is cold....

good night my darlings

Nat

EDIT: what's with everyone being invisible these days? seriously. it makes it hard for me to creepily stalk you and poke at you if i don't know you're there. GEEESH guys.
                    My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

I'll hang wich-ya, Nat. Let's warm up the Oven, Fruitcakes, we're like on the home stretch now!!

Yeah, who's just a bit too excited for AoT to come out? Take deep breaths, Erin. Tuesday ain't coming any faster. *sigh*

See what we need is, we need Superman to fly around the world really fast to SPEED UP time!!

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                        Sorry, your birthday wasn't fantabulous, Milena...the flu, forgetting mothers and realtors?? lovely

But your wonderful fruitcakes love you so that's gotta feel great!!

So, in getting ready for my AoT day--yes, I'm still going to try to get the day off, we'll see how that flies--what do you think are crucial S9 and 10 eps that should not be missed?

Av1, 2 and Origin: of course
                        TTB: (only cuz I love it)
                        PTB: (cuz, well, cuz it's 'portant)
                        Beachhead: (funny how these are all Vala eps )
                        Babylon: maybe
                        Prototype: maybe/maybe not
                        FH1 and 2: again, maybe/maybe not
                        Ethon: possibly
                        Arthur's Mantle, Crusade, Camelot, definitely

F&B: yep
                        Morpheus: eh, maybe/maybe not
                        PP: definitely with a capital D!!!
                        Counterstrike: I think so
                        MM: possibly, I mean the Clavica-something or other is introduced
                        Q1 and 2: yeppers
                        LITS: I think so
                        RNT: hmm...maybe/maybe not
                        Shroud: most definitely
                        Dominion: a big fat YES!!
                        Unending: and well, yeah, probably

Hmm...I've 12 eps in each season...that's 24 eps...(2nd grade math, for some reason, does not escape me ) I think I may need to streamline this to just the important scenes. You know, just the ones with DV in them, kidding.

Is anyone else thinking of having their own marathon? Or am I the only insane one? What? Yes. Yeah, I thought so.
                        Oooh, I like the idea of a marathon. But how many days do we have left? 6? So we would have to narrow it down to 6 episodes (unless you want to discuss two/day)? My picks for most crucial would be: Avalon 1/2 (one day for both...maybe add Origin in there), Crusade, Camelot, F&B, Pegasus Project, TQ1-2 (one day), LITS, The Shroud, Dominion. Although that is more than 6

And as for the scrapbook. I like whoever's idea it was of adding little notes here and there. Like how we came to be shippers; what our ultimate shippy moment is--or at least top 3; maybe our favorite screencap or pic--or again, top 3
                        Great ideas. Yes, I defintitely think those are must-haves. So let's see....we have: 1) What made you a shipper? 2) Your ultimate ship moment 3) Your favorite picture

Subtle, Stef That's from Alice and Wonderland, right...that awful Walrus and the Carpenter poem...? *shudders*
                        Oh, I know...I only remembered it because a few weeks ago I was trying to remember where that freaky poem/song/idea came from. Then I found the clip on YT. It really is quite disturbing...the walrus eating the baby oysters

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by natalia View Post
                          ...do you want me to slaughter a calf for you?...I mean I can *rummages for knives* I can get one from my great uncle's farm on Prince Edward Island *looks for rope* and it would make better food than what I eat in the cafeteria here *puts on shoes and hat and grabs shotgun to head out to the barn* (yes i AM a hick)

...I mean...this is about you right? PRAISE STEF....or something...

Well....I don't know...is it fattened? Cause I only want it if it's fattened

-Stef

Comment

Oooh, I like the idea of a marathon. But how many days do we have left? 6? So we would have to narrow it down to 6 episodes (unless you want to discuss two/day)? My picks for most crucial would be: Avalon 1/2 (one day for both...maybe add Origin in there), Crusade, Camelot, F&B, Pegasus Project, TQ1-2 (one day), LITS, The Shroud, Dominion. Although that is more than 6
                            there's only 12 there, we could do two-a-days...maybe...possibly...

Great ideas. Yes, I defintitely think those are must-haves. So let's see....we have: 1) What made you a shipper? 2) Your ultimate ship moment 3) Your favorite picture
                            *relieved sigh* looks like it's coming together, slowly but surely.

Oh, I know...I only remembered it because a few weeks ago I was trying to remember where that freaky poem/song/idea came from. Then I found the clip on YT. It really is quite disturbing...the walrus eating the baby oysters

-Stef
                            hmm...I wonder why I know it then. I wonder if I was around when you were trying to remember all that...And I thought I'd been gone for forever.

Comment

Well....I don't know...is it fattened? Cause I only want it if it's fattened

-Stef
                              It's been in the barn all winter being fed loads of grain and not out running around. of course it's fat (like a certain university student who needs to start going to the gym again *cough*)...do you know anything about farming? lol

and man i'm getting excited about this scrapbook project i'm totally going to through myself into this tomorrow night I think...prepare yourselves...
                              My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                                Possible Marathon Schedule for the release of AOT.

Which ones can we leave off?

Wednesday- Avalon 1, Avalon 2, Origin
                                Thursday - The Ties That Bind,The Powers that Be, Beachhead,
                                Friday - Crusade, Camelot,Flesh and Blood,Morphesus
                                Saturday - The Pegasus Project, Counterstrike, Momento Mori
                                Sunday -Company of Thieves, The Quest 1&2, The Shroud
                                Monday. Dominion, Unending.
                                Eh, we maybe don't *have* to do Ties That Bind...I only like it for the leather *blushes*
                                I like Powers That Be for the whole lawyer thingy and the talk about false gods...it goes with the whole Truth thing...maybe *shrugs*
                                Again, maybe Beachhead isn't *absolutely* necessary.
                                But I think Crusade, Camelot and F&B are...maybe not Morpheus.
                                Possibly not MM (even though we all love it...*bites lip* what to do)
                                But I think Company of Thieves can be skipped and possibly Unending *sniffs* even though I love that one too.

~Erin

EDIT: Need to have LITS, I think. Good lead-in Tomin ep!!

Comment

Working...
                                X