Comment

I totally forgot,

Welcome sg1cat! (Love The Discovery)
      -marble

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
        Morpheus

Uninvited?

If I'm right, could someone else post the next round? I don't have any screen caps (at least, not on the Internet... )
        _______________________________________________________________________________
        ~sg1cat~ (aka Darryl ) | FanFics: Fanfiction.net LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by marbleC View Post
          I totally forgot,

Welcome sg1cat! (Love The Discovery)
          Thanks much! (for the welcome, too!)
          ~sg1cat~ (aka Darryl ) | FanFics: Fanfiction.net LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by sg1cat View Post
            Uninvited?

If I'm right, could someone else post the next round? I don't have any screen caps (at least, not on the Internet... )
            You were correct!!!! I just shut down the PB because it is time for me to leave work. Maybe Isa or Marble can post a pic to keep it going.

Time for working out, should be back on in about 2 hours. See everyone in a bit.
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
              Oh, I luv Bologna so much, its 'cucina' is the best. You can't believe how much I missed its tagliatelle alla bolognese. Eheh, the accent is so funny, but I didn't manage to even pick up succesfully the normal accent, let alone Bologna's. But I can 'pizza' like them, with 's'
              I can also say 'che ***** stai facendo?' with the true italian accent, and that hand gesture you know with fingers and all, I can swear perfectly, but that's all. Almost one year education, and I still can't really talk like a perfect italian which is just expected. You, people, talk soooo fast!!! I mean,really fast That's the why I like italian, you can curse people, but it sounds like a song
              Oh, tagliatelle alla bolognese!!! *licks lips* I love those, but I don't eat them too often because being a health freak, I usually avoid pasta sauces with meat. But it's difficult to resist to those. There, now you've made me hungry.

Trivia: In Veneto we say 'pizza' with s', too, but only when we're speaking dialect. Some older people who've spoken dialect all their life pronounce a sound that's between 'z' and 's' though.

Swearing in a foreign language is usually the first thing you pick up. I've basically lost all my German but a few well placed curse words.

I saw the Verona, once. Duomo, The Arena, Juliet's house(Villa Capuleti?) etc. I have to say that you live in a very nice place
              Thanks!! It's a small town, but I'm quite proud of it

a traditional doll in a white dress??? I have no idea, any traditional doll with white dress I hope that one day you come to Istanbul, it's the one of the best places of the world that I've have ever seen. Of course, it has nothing relative with being my birthplace
              I definitely hope that I'll be able to come soon!!! I was fascinated by what I saw in pictures and documentaries, and so far I've only visited European countries, I'd also like to see the different atmosphere.

Trivia #2: Anthropologists are divided on the issue, but there's a chance that the Veneti (who lived in my region before the Roman expansion) originally came from Anatolia.

It really no schock that we love the linguistic because we all are fan of Daniel who speak several (23?) languages
              And I have two archaeologists in my LJ f-list!!!

Comment

YO!
                HOT DAMN!
                What a fabulous window treatment!!

What was the point of that you may ask. Well here it is:

Spoiler:

April is here! What does that have to do with my previous statements? Well, you'd have to live in my brain to get it

Thoughts? Tags? Improvments?
                banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                  Somebody who knows what an AFFRICATE is!!!! You are fast becoming one of my favourite people
                  Thanks!! It's hard to find other people into such things as phonetics/phonology!! It's a real shame that linguistics / glottology is only a minor for me, I love the subject so much that I'm seriously thinking I've chosen the wrong course (they're actually very similar, but mine has less linguistics and more literature / philology).

SWAHILI!!! YES!! Me too!!! Well, like, all the African languages, I'm trying to master their clicks as we speak
                  It must have to do with the fact that I have some relatives living in Kenya. And, well, you just have to love Africa.

*insane giggline continues*

IPA!!! ...is it sad that I transcribe Hamlet's speach into IPA when I'm bored?
                  I do that with Farscape sometimes while I'm watching. And then compare american and aussie
                  I shouldn't be so enthusiastic about "alveolar T vs dental T". Maybe this is the reason why I don't have a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                    Oh, tagliatelle alla bolognese!!! *licks lips* I love those, but I don't eat them too often because being a health freak, I usually avoid pasta sauces with meat. But it's difficult to resist to those. There, now you've made me hungry.

Swearing in a foreign language is usually the first thing you pick up. I've basically lost all my German but a few well placed curse words.
                    Pasta... *tummy rumbles* I love nocchi al fungi

Hee! SO true!
                    banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                      YO!
                      HOT DAMN!
                      What a fabulous window treatment!!

What was the point of that you may ask. Well here it is:

Spoiler:

April is here! What does that have to do with my previous statements? Well, you'd have to live in my brain to get it

Thoughts? Tags? Improvments?
                      WOW. *loves*
                      That's awesome Isa I love the color and the way you merged those two caps
                      My only question is on the left right in front of Daniel's face there's that line through Vala's hair where part of it's lighter than the rest (maybe because of the textures or something?)
                      Other than that, methinks it's quite perfect
                      Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                      Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

*facepalm* I can't believe I missed that! Thanks! Will fix!
                        banner by Stef

Comment

Hey, no worries, that's a small thing *grin*

sigpic
                          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Waves the magic wand and viola!

Spoiler:

EDIT: Hi all Cakes down there *waves*
                            banner by Stef

Comment

Presto! Perfection
                              And may I just take a moment to say just how much I loved the peasant garb and the costumes from F&B? hehe.

EDIT: Two more posts to 500, I didn't realize I was so close

sigpic
                              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                                Waves the magic wand and viola!

Spoiler:

EDIT: Hi all Cakes down there *waves*
                                Amazing job there, and I love the caps you used!

Comment

Working...
                                X