Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarieWynn View Post
    Wow, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this but also sad cause I'm sick and was popping on here for good (GOOD!) D/V fic recs. I personally get a little tired of seeing Vala get *ahem* violated. Yes, Qetesh was a sex/fertility goddess, but come on! That little chestnut gets old really fast.

So does anyone have any good fic recommendations? Even if it is just team with D & V in it? I need something to read to pass the time and I don't feel like working on my own.
    About the only one I'm currently thinking of is Cleo's "Honor Among Thieves". It's a long fic, but it's really good. It's a rewrite of Season 7 and 8. Kind of what would happen if Vala found Daniel after he descended rather than SG-1.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Oh, that actually sounds quite interesting Everlovin. Linkies?

LittleMiss--I've looked on LiveJournal a few times, but unfortunately most of what I find is fluff. I'm more into the grittier kinda fics that deal with heavy stuff, or just all around character whumpage. Give them a problem to solve, ya know?

I'm not tolerant of slash that goes against canon. I cringe every time I see Jack/Daniel pairing. I mean, really? Did these writers even watch the series? But then again, I'm against anything that goes against canon or has the characters deviating from their actually personalities. Vala is not a whiny damsel in distress. Daniel is not the kind to randomly confess his feelings, even though most everyone knows he is in love with Vala. Teal'c is not extremely verbose, nor is he the type to meddle in the affairs of others (regardless of what he learned on the Odyssey throughout those 50 years). I could go on and on.

And yea, fics really help when you're feeling crappy. Nothing like jumping on a ship to make you forget the snifflies.

Oh...and thanks for that horrible mental imagery that is now burned into my mind!!! *shudders*
      sigpic
      Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
      My Fanfiction I sail on certain 'ships, but try to avoid the fluff!

Comment

Oh, that actually sounds quite interesting Everlovin. Linkies?

LittleMiss--I've looked on LiveJournal a few times, but unfortunately most of what I find is fluff. I'm more into the grittier kinda fics that deal with heavy stuff, or just all around character whumpage. Give them a problem to solve, ya know?

I'm not tolerant of slash that goes against canon. I cringe every time I see Jack/Daniel pairing. I mean, really? Did these writers even watch the series? But then again, I'm against anything that goes against canon or has the characters deviating from their actually personalities. Vala is not a whiny damsel in distress. Daniel is not the kind to randomly confess his feelings, even though most everyone knows he is in love with Vala. Teal'c is not extremely verbose, nor is he the type to meddle in the affairs of others (regardless of what he learned on the Odyssey throughout those 50 years). I could go on and on.

And yea, fics really help when you're feeling crappy. Nothing like jumping on a ship to make you forget the snifflies.

Oh...and thanks for that horrible mental imagery that is now burned into my mind!!! *shudders*
        First off, http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3394910/1/ <-- Honor Amongst Thieves. Enjoy! I certainly did.

And while I am very into ship, I don't always see the need to go with canon. Canon ships that is. Characters do need to be in character though.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't mean pairings have to be in canon, just possible with canon. Jack/Daniel, not possible with canon. Cam/Vala I don't think is possible with canon either, but that's just me. I've enjoyed playing with the possibility of John/Vala. Though all roads always lead back to Daniel for me since that is my favorite pairing.

Edit: Thanks for the linkies!
          sigpic
          Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I don't mean pairings have to be in canon, just possible with canon. Jack/Daniel, not possible with canon. Cam/Vala I don't think is possible with canon either, but that's just me. I've enjoyed playing with the possibility of John/Vala. Though all roads always lead back to Daniel for me since that is my favorite pairing.

Edit: Thanks for the linkies!
            DeVilish is one of my favorite ships!

Although, for me, all roads circle around Teal'c!
            sigpic

Comment

That's how my roommate is. She says Teal'c is her husband, he just doesn't know it yet.
              sigpic

Comment

That's how my roommate is. She says Teal'c is her husband, he just doesn't know it yet.
                Ah, but I'm already married. Shucks!
                sigpic

Comment

Haha. maybe that's just the way of SG-1 fic.... I haven't had any trouble with my other fandoms.

I'm tolerant of it- but I refuse to read it- because I know people see different things than I do... Some people see D/V (I'm one of them), others wonder at the sanity of those who do... I often wonder at the sanity of many slashers- like the Jack/Daniel shippers...
                  However, I don't mind non-canon 'ships... I don't have any SERIOUS ones myself...I have crack!ships (I like Jonas/Vala)... Crack!ships make for fun times

...Well, no... I lie. Dean/Cas counts as non-canon- and slash obviously... Though the slash bit is a little iffy since Castiel is an angel, and shows no preference for gender... Jimmy, his pretty pretty vessel, just happened to be suited for angel possession. In fact, there was a brief time when Cas WAS a girl... He possessed Jimmy's daughter Claire... Was going to keep her, too, but Jimmy told him in no uncertain terms that he couldn't have his daughter, he had to take over him again.... Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Jimmy's soul is gone now, which makes me sad, because Jimmy was awesome....- but it's one of those "it totally WOULD be canon if-" ships... Given Dean's history for chasing anything with boobs, and a nice pair of legs, had they introduced Castiel as a female, it WOULD be canon. They could still do that, but it would annoy me because I ADORE Misha Collins, and can't see anyone else EVER portraying Cas.... Though somehow he managed to kick more ass as a 12 year old GIRL than he ever has as a 35 year old man....

And you're welcome for the images. I live to serve

As for other Vala ships... About my only ship with her besides Daniel is my crack!ship... Beyond that, I have no desire to pair her with anyone else. Daniel? The ONLY other ship for him was Sha're/Sha'uri.... And had she lived, I would still ship it. I'll never not love his interactions with her...

Comment

That just means that Teal'c is your second husband, just like Daniel Jackson is my second husband. Polygamy ftw!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, I so thought that Daniel/Sha're was sweet! I'd probably be shipping them if she were still alive as well.
                      Still, DeVilish is a lot more fun!

Ummm. Marie? So what does it mean that my two favorite Stargate thunks are Ronon and Teal'c? Lots and lots of polyandy? I suppose I could go for it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I read one Jonas/Vala fic that was pretty good. Jonas was in rough shape and rejoined SG1 after some total devastation on his planet (go figure, they were such a friendly bunch). I think it's somewhere on my favorites but the author hasn't updated in forever.

I've never watched Supernatural, but I think I might start now that I have some time on my hands. My roomie (Teal'c's wife) says it's really good. Not to mention MS is gonna be on there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Oh, I so thought that Daniel/Sha're was sweet! I'd probably be shipping them if she were still alive as well.
                          Still, DeVilish is a lot more fun!

Ummm. Marie? So what does it mean that my two favorite Stargate thunks are Ronon and Teal'c? Lots and lots of polyandy? I suppose I could go for it.
                          It means hilarity ensues! I actually had a funny scene in mind with the two of them for my current fic, but ended up nixing it cause the rest of the scene was boring. I love those two together though. And I love seeing Teal'c get whumped because maaaaan does he come back with a vengeance! Unless I'm misunderstanding what thunking is...isn't it the same as whumping?
                          sigpic

Comment

I read one Jonas/Vala fic that was pretty good. Jonas was in rough shape and rejoined SG1 after some total devastation on his planet (go figure, they were such a friendly bunch). I think it's somewhere on my favorites but the author hasn't updated in forever.

I've never watched Supernatural, but I think I might start now that I have some time on my hands. My roomie (Teal'c's wife) says it's really good. Not to mention MS is gonna be on there.
                            That fic sounds like Kelly's fic. Some.

Kelly, any news on that front?
                            sigpic

Comment

*cough*..... Yeah.... Um, sorry about that.... My computer crashed on me, and I lost all my fics, that one included....

It is really good. REALLY good. Even if it has corrupted my previously non-canon Slash free ship list... But... but come on... Look at the way they look at each other:
                              Spoiler:

...And they do that EVERY SINGLE EPISODE CAS IS IN... It's like, 5 minutes of staring at each other before Cas finally gets to why he popped in. Of course, I could watch those two flip through phone books for an hour, so it doesn't bother me

....and to keep this on topic, I bring D/V pretties from one of my fave icon makers on LJ
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
                                *cough*..... Yeah.... Um, sorry about that.... My computer crashed on me, and I lost all my fics, that one included....
                                That's your fic?? Get to it! I really liked that one, and I'm sure you can tell from what I've said that there aren't many that I do like out there! Where do you keep your fics? ff.net? or LiveJournal? AH, hell. Gimme linkies lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X