No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so I just listened to the "Flesh & Blood" and "Morpheus" commentaries. They were both pretty interesting...and had some nice things to say about CB. I'm now even more convinced than ever that RCC is a DV fan, judging by a segment of F&B where goes on and on about how great MS and CB's chemistry is

But you know what I always find the most interesting? When the commentators say something cryptic...it makes me want to figure who or what they are referring to. JM said in the "Morpheus" commentary...
    Spoiler:
    ...that the way you can tell whether or not they like a certain guest star depends on how much they talk about him/her. Ones they don't talk about are usually the ones they don't like-either the performance or the actor. The way they said it made it sound like they were referring to someone specific from season 10 (not from "Morpheus" as they spoke volumes about the great guest work). So now I'm seriously racking my brain for specific guest stars....I guess I'll just be going through commentaries to see who gets talked about and who doesn't!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
      I loved listening to PU commentary because of Claudia.
      Also agree that Heroes is awesome. I love Milo Ventimigia so obviously Peter is my favourite.
      Love PU's commentary. That is one I could actually listen to over and over

Adding to the HEROES talk. LOVE IT!! I just love Peter and HRG!!

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Yeah, out of all of the commentaries I've listened to for Stargate, PU is by far my favorite. There's a good mixture of humor and behind the scenes info to make it both funny and informative To be honest, as much as I enjoy learning about why certain choices were made, or how a certain look was achieved, a commentary really needs to have a sense of humor to really grab my attention. Very few do. Hence, why I count SG-1's PU and Firefly's Serenity & War Stories as three of my favorite TV show commentaries.

-Stef

My favorite commentaries I have listened to are on my US version of The Office. They are sooooooooooo funny. Almost as good as watching the show by itself.

The Unending commentary was very interesting. AT reveals something that I hadn't even noticed...
      Spoiler:
      She and CJ were trying to make it seem like they had a little bit of a thing over the 50 years. She said they would add little looks and in the one scene after Landry dies they were actually holding hands at the table even though you couldn't see it.
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post

My favorite commentaries I have listened to are on my US version of The Office. They are sooooooooooo funny. Almost as good as watching the show by itself.

The Unending commentary was very interesting. AT reveals something that I hadn't even noticed...
        Spoiler:
        She and CJ were trying to make it seem like they had a little bit of a thing over the 50 years. She said they would add little looks and in the one scene after Landry dies they were actually holding hands at the table even though you couldn't see it.
        I wanted to buy season 10 but when I went to wal-mart they were sold out. Man I should of went on the first day it came out but had know way to get there.
        Join my forum if you lucky you could be a mod Free World Forums

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post

Spoiler:
          Huzzah for Peter and HRG I can't wait to see how to the Peter/Sylar thing develops. I can see those two being epic enemies!

The Office? I've probably only seen about one episode. It was entertaining, but I just didn't feel like going back and watching 2 seasons worth to catch up (because there was something about Pam/Jim in there). I'm not sure ifmy brother has it, if so, maybe I'll check it out.

Yeah, I was surprised by that AT thing. I mean, usually if you're going to do something like that, you should at least make it noticeable, but that wasn't!

Okay, so I still haven't found anyone willing to beta my chapter If nobody's willing to suck it up and sacrifice themselves (), my poor baby story won't be published anytime soon (I had hoped for Monday).

EDIT: Found someone!

-Stef
          Last edited by Stef; 29 July 2007, 11:29 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

*sigh* Where is everyone this weekend? The thread is becoming anemic!

-Stef

Comment

I am here but I am in Cali visiting Daddy Dearest and I had no access to internet this weekend catching up now. Still haven't gotten season 10 yet but I haven't given up yet ok pic run pic run

I voted in the poll you talked about before
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I'm here but I don't have much new to add to the subject. (I am working on a couple of fics but haven't been inspired to finish any of them.)
                sigpic
                thanks Stef
                Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Just watch first three episodes of S9 and am desperately waiting for S10 to come out, only a month to go! Also planning on re-watching PU with commentary, I love it. Anyone know any other commentaries that are worth listening to? I've only got S8 and S9 and haven't really listened to the commentaries on any of the episodes.
                  OT but are a lot of people here Firefly/Serenity fans?

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                    Just watch first three episodes of S9 and am desperately waiting for S10 to come out, only a month to go! Also planning on re-watching PU with commentary, I love it. Anyone know any other commentaries that are worth listening to? I've only got S8 and S9 and haven't really listened to the commentaries on any of the episodes.
                    OT but are a lot of people here Firefly/Serenity fans?
                    Hmmm...I'm trying to think of what commentaries I liked from season 9. I think TPTB or TTTB might have been good ones (the ones with Martin Gero, Joe Mallozzi, and.....someone else). I think all of the first 5 were decent. As for other ones....the only one I can remember is "Ripple Effect." That had some interesting tidbits.

I don't know about "a lot" but there are a fair number of Firefly/Serenity fans in here judging on my question a few weeks back about favorite couples of all-time (Mal/Inara were on my list, if I'm not mistaken).

-Stef

Comment

Stef Thanks for the tip, will watch tomorrow

Banner by Stef
                      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I know I'm a bad shipper bc I only pop in this thread once a while, so let me apologise.

GOSH I WANT TO SEE THE ARK OF TRUTH LIKE NOW!!!

And thx DJgirl for the greeny welcome. *waves at Stef* Nice to see you too. I'm gonna try to post a bit more. Btw, do you guys know where the hell is Kay ( Kales )?

And a pretty pic :

Vala : "Is that a... wedding ring?"
                        Daniel : "Hm..."

Vala : "Of course, I'll marry you!"
                        Daniel : "..."

Comment

Hey guys! I'm back from vacation! ^_^

Originally posted by djay View Post
                          Sorry, Anjirika! I just caught up with it and it's really great! You have two of my favourite things in it -angst and time travel! I really enjoyed it. Keep it coming. I want to know if Daniel goes back in time now.

That's one thing I do love about this thread. It is a really supportive and non threatening thread for sharing work and receiving positive feedback.

Djay
                          THANKS!

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          great stories both of you! fanfic is soooooooooooooooo addictive! I can read for hours (and hours and hours and hours.......................)
                          THANKS!

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                          Anjirika, I'm still reading the first part of the story but I don't have a ff.net account so can't leave you feedback. Do you consider post them to also LJ?
                          Actually you can leave a review. I allow annon. reviews so please review! ^_^ But I'm glad that people are reading my stuff....
                          sigpic
                          Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                          |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                            I know I'm a bad shipper bc I only pop in this thread once a while, so let me apologise.

GOSH I WANT TO SEE THE ARK OF TRUTH LIKE NOW!!!

And thx DJgirl for the greeny welcome. *waves at Stef* Nice to see you too. I'm gonna try to post a bit more. Btw, do you guys know where the hell is Kay ( Kales )?

And a pretty pic :

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...e/tq_v_018.jpg

Vala : "Is that a... wedding ring?"
                            Daniel : "Hm..."

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../bscap0264.jpg

Vala : "Of course, I'll marry you!"
                            Daniel : "..."
                            Cute captions BG

Welcome back Anjirika!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Just wanted to point out to anyone who has season 10 that whoever it was doing the commentary for The Shroud (I think it was director Mikita) mentioned this scene in particular

Spoiler:
                                and that it was Claudia's and Michael's choice to have her sit on his lap for the first part of the scene. I really like that CB and MS seem to really be in tune with their characters and how they might behave in any given situation. It just gives their performances a real high level of professionalism and respect in my book. Just my two cents.

~Erin

Comment

Working...
                                X