No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*pokes head in* Howdy, fellow D/V shippers! I haven't been here in awhile... lots of stuff going on over on my end. Thought I'd say howdy!

And... I already give up on trudging through many of the D/V pages... my attention span's like Vala's would be at a Goa'uld flea market

Comment

*sigh* Second page bump!! Where is everyone? It's so dead around here!

WELCOME to our newest poster, labelladoncella

You're right, it is unjust that we don't get to see our D/V together in the end, but put it this way, that just means that we get to watch them fall in love all over again

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

AH! for some reason I always forget or have no time to get into this thread! how's everyone?

@stef again love your siggy

Comment

Thanks for the warm wishes everyone. Mum is home now. (I've had a fun night. She rings me in my room on the mobile every time she needs to go to the toilet or wants something!)
          You wouldn't believe it but she insisted my brother take dad to the hospital last night because he's been sick for so long and he has been admitted to the same ward as she just left! (I couldn't make this stuff up.) Maybe pnuemonia or a serious chest infection. Waiting on tests. Now I'm worried sick about him. Keep sending good thoughts our way.

Djay
          He's her Lobster!
          LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Anyone see this? A bus advertisement at Comic Con for AoT (courtesy of Stargate-Solutions):

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello everyone,

I've been in Harry Potter land for a week. Had to reread 5 and 6 before getting to 7. Jo Rowling is brilliant, nuff said!

So, picked up Season 10 last night. I've been really looking forward to listening to the commentaries for any D/V tidbits. Sadly, I feel somewhat disappointed in them so far. I actually fell asleep during the Insiders one last night - although that could be because it was around midnight

So, I'm halfway listening to the Company of Thieves commentary now. I guess I shouldn't have expected D/V stuff in every commentary. Rob Cooper says a lot of nice stuff. And each director and writer that comes on seems to say a lot of nice things about Claudia so that's good...but still...

The only other show where I cared about the commentaries was Farscape and I still remember how often Ben, Claudia, Anthony (D'Argo), Virginia (Zhaan), and Gigi (Chianna) spoke on the commentaries. Probably because I identified with the characters, but I definitely liked the actors' commentaries better than the directors' or writers'.

Not that the directors or writers don't have good insights, I just would like to hear more from Amanda, Chris, Michael, Ben and Claudia. But now that I think about it, I don't think any of them besides Amanda did commentaries for any of the other seasons. Can't remember.

Oh well, I'm only halfway through, maybe they'll get better.

<hugs> djay, hope your parents get well soon.

Hi, Stef, love the first chapter of your baby!fic; can't wait for the next chapter!

Welcome, labelladoncella, hope to hear more from you!

And, well, hi to everyone Glad to be back!

~Erin

Comment

There's a little summary of the AoT trailer here. No DV, but some mentions of individual Daniel and Vala scenes. Interesting....
                Spoiler:
                There is a scene of Daniel being dragged down a hallway by 2 Ori soldiers. He is in his green BDUs. He is unconscious or barely conscious.

There is a scene of Vala alone in a jail cell, trying to look outside. She appears worried. She is also dressed in green BDUs.

Yeah, I have been a little disappointed by the commentaries, but that's also because I've pumped them up so much in my head for the past 6 months! They're no better or worse than season 9's. I guess that I just assumed the writers and directors would want to talk about D/V as much as we do Still, I found the "200" one with RCC and BW pretty entertaining out of the 3-4 I've watched so far.

But speaking of those "Farscape" commentaries. I only have the regular versions of season 2 on DVD (not the Starburst). Are there any really good commentaries I should seek out (maybe rent from Netflix to listen to)? I'm a sucker for good commentaries

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Yeah, I have been a little disappointed by the commentaries, but that's also because I've pumped them up so much in my head for the past 6 months! They're no better or worse than season 9's. I guess that I just assumed the writers and directors would want to talk about D/V as much as we do Still, I found the "200" one with RCC and BW pretty entertaining out of the 3-4 I've watched so far.

But speaking of those "Farscape" commentaries. I only have the regular versions of season 2 on DVD (not the Starburst). Are there any really good commentaries I should seek out (maybe rent from Netflix to listen to)? I'm a sucker for good commentaries

-Stef
                  Oh, I'm afraid to admit that I haven't watched my Farscape DVDs for years. Maybe I should get back into them, especially in the interim until Ark of Truth comes out.

I think it's the Flesh and Blood commentary with Rob Cooper that's got some pretty good stuff.

I have a feeling that I'm gonna need to see some good Dala vids. Is there an easy way to search YouTube for vids?

Oh, and I'm now watching The Quest Part 1 and I've got a quick question. When Adria threatens to kill off members of the team "starting with her" does she mean Sam or Vala? I thought she was looking to her left, Daniel's right, which would be Sam in the circle, then Daniel immediately looks to Vala, and then there's a short close-up of Sam. Does anyone know who Adria looked at? I guess I should just rewind

~Erin

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                    Oh, I'm afraid to admit that I haven't watched my Farscape DVDs for years. Maybe I should get back into them, especially in the interim until Ark of Truth comes out.

I think it's the Flesh and Blood commentary with Rob Cooper that's got some pretty good stuff.

I have a feeling that I'm gonna need to see some good Dala vids. Is there an easy way to search YouTube for vids?

Oh, and I'm now watching The Quest Part 1 and I've got a quick question. When Adria threatens to kill off members of the team "starting with her" does she mean Sam or Vala? I thought she was looking to her left, Daniel's right, which would be Sam in the circle, then Daniel immediately looks to Vala, and then there's a short close-up of Sam. Does anyone know who Adria looked at? I guess I should just rewind

~Erin
                    I was under the impression that it was Sam. Partly because that's who I felt she was looking at (and the team was responding to) and partly because I don't think Adria wanted to kill Vala. If she did, she would have at least saved her until last.

So, F&B is good? I might go and watch that

-Stef

Comment

Oh, as for D/V videos. You have mine of course (as well as about 14 others) listed on Tonttu's site But there are some on YT, and about 30 listed at Kawoosh

Hope that helps!

Arg, I just got my Creation Con tickets....and discovered that my friend and I aren't sitting next to each other! We are two seats apart. I guess that I will just have to coerce the two people between us to move down one so that she and I can sit with each other! Hey, DJgirl, you're going to this thing, right? What kind of seating did you get? (as in gold, preferred, or general)

-Stef

Comment

Oh, as for D/V videos. You have mine of course (as well as about 14 others) listed on Tonttu's site But there are some on YT, and about 30 listed at Kawoosh

Hope that helps!

Arg, I just got my Creation Con tickets....and discovered that my friend and I aren't sitting next to each other! We are two seats apart. I guess that I will just have to coerce the two people between us to move down one so that she and I can sit with each other! Hey, DJgirl, you're going to this thing, right? What kind of seating did you get? (as in gold, preferred, or general)

-Stef
                        I got prefered seating and way back in the back I am in row T. I had to wait until I had enough money to buy two tickets. We are sitting next to each other though.

I hear that the photo op tickets are supposed to come later because they did not come with the other tickets.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                          I got prefered seating and way back in the back I am in row T. I had to wait until I had enough money to buy two tickets. We are sitting next to each other though.

I hear that the photo op tickets are supposed to come later because they did not come with the other tickets.
                          Hey, you and I are in the same row! I got mine later as well. Yeah, they better give me my photo ops...I only ordered one, guess with who

-Stef

Comment

Hey, you and I are in the same row! I got mine later as well. Yeah, they better give me my photo ops...I only ordered one, guess with who

-Stef
                            What seat are you??? GLD and I are 19 and 20. I only got one photo op as well
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

LOL, my friend and I are in 14 & 17

-Stef

Comment

LOL, my friend and I are in 14 & 17

-Stef
                                We must have ordered them the same day...teeheehee CRAZY!!
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X