No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa Stef that first chapter was awesome! I'm really loking forward to the next chapter and Daniel's reaction. Also love the subtle line from Unending that you used.

Banner by Stef
    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
      Whoa Stef that first chapter was awesome! I'm really loking forward to the next chapter and Daniel's reaction. Also love the subtle line from Unending that you used.
      Notice that, did you? I couldn't help but use the line....I thought it would be fitting, considering Daniel also used it as an idiotic excuse for why they shouldn't be together Glad you liked it! I've gotten most of chapter two done, but I am still struggling with the ending....

Anyway, I really am going to bed this time

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        At the risk of looking a tad obsessive with three posts in a row, I think it's time to post the first chapter to my baby fic. Right now, there is only talk of Daniel...it's mostly just Sam/Vala. That will change in the next chapter though

Hope you like, and I'd very much appreciate comments!

FIC: IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT

With that, I head off to bed. Night all!

-Stef
        And you wonder why you're the top poster in the thread

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Can't wait for Daniel's response!
        sigpic
        Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
          I'm wondering now if we might be getting some steps forward...thinking about what Claudia has said about the way things end with Tomin I don't get the impression that Tomin dies, however there was another interesting comment made by Michael in something else recently where he referred to Tomin as Vala's husband or EX-HUSBAND(his words exactly, but I can't remember what the statement is from)...so I wonder if Vala and Tomin mutually agree to part.
          I agree, LC.

Spoiler:
          I've always figured (and hoped, really, because IMO he's an interesting, sympathetic character) that Tomin won't die in the movie. In "Line in the Sand," they showed him taking on a leadership role amongst the Ori warriors. Personally, I'd like to see them turn him into a leader who helps rebuild his galaxy once Adria and the Ori, priors, and doci are taken care of. Assuming SG-1 convinces the Ori galaxy that Origin as taught by the priors isn't the answer, someone will need to step up, fill in the power vacuum, and reshape things when they're gone. Who better to do that than Tomin, someone who's been on both sides of the war and has seen the truth about Origin?

If that happens, Tomin would undoubtedly stay in his galaxy. I can see Vala being torn about staying with her "husband" and helping out or wanting to go home, but I just can't see her choosing to stay in a galaxy that isn't hers and that she only tolerated last time because she had to, not when her home -- and her heart -- is on Earth now. I can't see him making her stay there with him, either, knowing she'd be miserable and constantly missing her old life. (And obviously, if he lives, he doesn't make her stay with him since she's on Earth when Continuum happens, and there's no mention of Tomin being around in any of the spoilers I've seen for it.) While Tomin's heroic death would make for great drama for Vala, I'd like to see them have an amicable parting, a mutual agreement that it just wouldn't work, and then get an annulment for their marriage.

That would still leave plenty of room open for Daniel and Vala to get together further down the road. It would also show Daniel that Vala could handle a relationship maturely, which is something that poor boy desperately needs to see.

*shrugs* Just my speculation and wishful thinking on one route the first movie could take.
          Suzie

My LiveJournal

Comment

Are you talking about the MS interview or the CB one?

GW's MS Interview (the one where he talks about "Unending" ) -- I think the AoT bit is 3 or 4 questions down.

Slice of SF's CB Interview

I prefer the first interview...I wonder why
            Spoiler:
            "There's always been this underlining, keeping her at arms length because of the fear of getting too close."

"A lot of what's going on between Daniel and Vala has been about the unspoken stuff, about who they are and where they're coming from. There's been an accepted understanding about who these characters are, but they've never dealt with each other in a head-on kind of way."

"He's waiting to see if she's going to be vulnerable first before he is -- and because she's so vulnerable, and he didn't expect it, that we see that resolution, that turn around with him."

*sigh* I love that scene...even if it was brutal. It was so different than the usual SG-1, so raw and intense! I remember there being soooo many thoughts swimming through my head as I was watching it. I was switching from shock to anger to understanding to mushy goo to giddiness
            -Stef
            Yeah that's the one Stef, thanks.
            Love your 'babyfic' btw...'mutual agreement' huh?...more like 'mutual misunderstanding' I think...can't wait for more.
            On something mostly OT but still vaguely connected:
            Got HP7 today...flipped to the end just to see what the last words actually were...I knew I wasn't going to read the 'climax' of the story because traditionally that happens in about the second or third last chapter and then the last chapter(s) are used for tying loose ends together. Anyway I was quite
            Spoiler:
            (will still be vague because I'm sure I'm not the only one to click on spoilers just to read what was said) surprised that she did an epilogue and what it said made me go 'awww that's so nice', but it got me wondering why is that female authors/writers have no problem with giving the characters their HEA(happily ever after), but male authors/writers(read TV writers specifically) just can't seem to take that final step...do they consider it too corny to write something that says 'love is what it's all about'. Seriously I can't think of any male authors that I've read that have given their characters a HEA.

Anyway that was all I have to say on that topic.
            LC
            sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
            http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Hey all I miss you so much I want to kill my sister for killing my computer hopefully Daddy Dearest will help me and get it fixed. I am leaving for Cali on Wednesday ok pic run pic run

there is some Minx Monday in there

I am just a little nervous about Continumum as long as Vala is alive in the end in real time I will be happy if she isn't I will hunt BW down and hurt him
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                Hey all I miss you so much I want to kill my sister for killing my computer hopefully Daddy Dearest will help me and get it fixed. I am leaving for Cali on Wednesday ok pic run pic run
                Spoiler:

there is some Minx Monday in there

I am just a little nervous about Continumum as long as Vala is alive in the end in real time I will be happy if she isn't I will hunt BW down and hurt him
                PoundPuppy!!! *tacklehugs* I hope that the computer issues get solved soon. I don't know what I would do without my internet connection...LOL

Have fun in California
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  Yep I've said all along that the end of 'Continuum' makes me nervous(well ya'll have read 'shattered' so you know how nervous).
                  Wonder if a carefully worded question asked at the Chicago Con would get us any sort of reassurance or whether he'd just laugh and be vague anyway.
                  LC
                  sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                  http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                    Yep I've said all along that the end of 'Continuum' makes me nervous(well ya'll have read 'shattered' so you know how nervous).
                    Wonder if a carefully worded question asked at the Chicago Con would get us any sort of reassurance or whether he'd just laugh and be vague anyway.
                    LC
                    If I thought that I would be able to form a sentence in his presence, I would be more then happy to ask a question about 'Continuum' in Chicago. As it is, I don't know how I am going to survive the photo op
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

All right, for those of you not reading Harry Potter I've got a D/V fic for you.

Missing scene for Unending, D/V romance, PG

http://community.livejournal.com/dan...73.html#cutid1

Enjoy!

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle View Post
                        All right, for those of you not reading Harry Potter I've got a D/V fic for you.

Missing scene for Unending, D/V romance, PG

http://community.livejournal.com/dan...73.html#cutid1

Enjoy!

Lisa Michelle
                        Awww so sad and cute at the same time! Nicely done
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

I see someone's been a little photoshop-happy, Wendy Cute banner...I like the plaid shirted Daniel the best.

Okay, so today is the most sacred of days when season 10 comes out! So excited. GW has published a review of the set HERE. No mention of anything particularly DV-related....although they did say that all of the episodes had commentaries...does that mean my beloved "Bad Guys" does too? The original synopsis had it without one In terms of deleted scenes...
                          Spoiler:
                          ....looks like they will just be from "Morpheus," "Memento Mori," and "The Quest." However, yay for the Sam/Vala scene that we'll now get to see!!! They also mentioned there being a scene of Daniel worrying over Vala in MM that had been cut. Can't wait to see that as well.

Oh, and great story, lmichelle! Poor Daniel and Vala...they can't have sex anymore It's such a sad and sweet story.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Morning!!
                            I can't wait to read anything about deleted scene between D&V.
                            Hopefully there will be more than one.
                            please, give us (who can't or won't purchase DVD) a good review about D&V.

sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

About to head off to bed, dreaming of my DVD set

TragiDay, no??

*sigh* I love this moment in TQ2. So sad, so dramatic, so very romantic. She has to be dragged away!

-Stef

Comment

I see someone's been a little photoshop-happy, Wendy Cute banner...I like the plaid shirted Daniel the best.

Okay, so today is the most sacred of days when season 10 comes out! So excited. GW has published a review of the set HERE. No mention of anything particularly DV-related....although they did say that all of the episodes had commentaries...does that mean my beloved "Bad Guys" does too? The original synopsis had it without one In terms of deleted scenes...
                                Spoiler:
                                ....looks like they will just be from "Morpheus," "Memento Mori," and "The Quest." However, yay for the Sam/Vala scene that we'll now get to see!!! They also mentioned there being a scene of Daniel worrying over Vala in MM that had been cut. Can't wait to see that as well.

Oh, and great story, lmichelle! Poor Daniel and Vala...they can't have sex anymore It's such a sad and sweet story.

-Stef
                                Yeah, I have the bug...LOL I made a banner for each of Addy's clones, per her request and to give me practice, http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=28585, and I still had the PS up and made the corkboard one

I just love that program!!
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X