Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
    I think I jumped in head first with the pants question. So what's new in the gutter these days?
    I found a couple of pictures that sent my mind into the gutter today while was capping Ex Deus Machina but they are waaaaaaaaay off topic for in here

I will put it is spoilers to avoid trout....
    Spoiler:

Look at how close he is standing to her.....GUH!!!!!!

...and this sent me into the Slash gutter a tad
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Loved the fic, Maeve Commented on your LJ. I can have just as dirty thoughts as the next fangirl, but I'm a romantic at heart...and I love the idea of Daniel and Vala falling asleep in each other's arms I'm a softie.
      Thanks. I'm a softie too. I would write them doing more than just sleeping but Tomin is still around and I can't bring myself to write it.

Is it weird that I keep reading that MS interview?

-Stef
      As weird as me rereading his bog several times a few weeks ago.=)
      sigpic
      thanks Stef
      Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

I think Daniel should get Vala.
        It takes a War to aquire Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
          I found a couple of pictures that sent my mind into the gutter today while was capping Ex Deus Machina but they are waaaaaaaaay off topic for in here

I will put it is spoilers to avoid trout....
          Spoiler:

Look at how close he is standing to her.....GUH!!!!!!

...and this sent me into the Slash gutter a tad
          Yep those are pretty gutterry. Espcially the first one.

Just to stay on topic
          sigpic
          thanks Stef
          Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Yep those are pretty gutterry. Espcially the first one.

Just to stay on topic
            http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ks/1020_40.jpg
            I can't see this pic enough

sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
              I can't see this pic enough

Here is another good one

(she does sit on his lap an awful ot doesn't she?)
              sigpic
              thanks Stef
              Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Here is another good one
                http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...niel-Vala1.jpg
                (she does sit on his lap an awful ot doesn't she?)
                *happy sigh* Yes she did.

EDIT: Calling it a night. See everyone tomorrow afternoon!!
                Last edited by DJgirl; 24 June 2007, 07:05 PM.
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Can someone help? I saw a banner in the last couple of days that was a montage of the extra Christmas shots from "Unending", but I can't find it now. Anyone else remember seeing it and where? I've got some online friends that can no longer see SG, but are interested in knowing what's been happening...I've also got one in NZ, where she's just seen recently seen PU for the first time and while I've been absolutely biting my tongue to not completely give everything away, I just can't resist the urge to show her where that scary Krull warrior eventually ends up,lol.
                  thanks to whomever can find it for me.
                  LC
                  sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                  http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Are you talking about sg-daniel's banner? That's the only banner I remember seeing that used the Christmas shots.

EDIT: Night, DJgirl!

-Stef
                    Last edited by Stef; 24 June 2007, 08:01 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hey guys! Long time no check in because I've been moving and vacationing and all that good stuff! Anyway...

First off, omg those recent pics

Second, I know how amazing some of you are at vidding and I wanted to drop off my first ever vid for some helpful tips if you have any. It's not D/V, actually it's John/Aeryn (but I know we have plenty of Scapers in this thread), but I wanted to know what you thought before I ventured into Daniel and Vala vidding land.

Here's a YouTube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VszaxJcVuWk

and here's a download for anyone who wants it:
                      http://www.sendspace.com/file/ajvwr9
                      (avi 30mb)

So far I know it gets slow at some points, and perhaps I should have mentioned something about copyright and how unlucky I am that I don't own Farscape, in the actual vid (got it in the description on YouTube). I only spent a few hours on this, but for a first attempt, I'm happy. Hope to hear from some of the pros (Stef! ). Thanks!

Comment

I was thinking of something MS is on our side I think usually it is the actress who in on the side of shippers why I say this in my SGA ships both TH RL are on favor of my ships TH sees Sparky and RL sees Spanky from what I have read from interviews. Well I just had a revelation I think MS will probably keep doing movies if CB is in them I think he sees that as an important relationship to Daniel. TPTB know how popular Daniel is when MS left after season 5 it was a creative issues from what I have read. Stef if you want to look it up look up the history here is the link

http://www.savedanieljackson.com/

look in the history section it has all the stuff that happened when he left interviews all sorts of info it caught me up on alot of the stuff people mention on here it was called the Daniel Wars on here apparently

Anyway long story short MS was angry about what was happening with character or wasn't happening I think. He didn't feel like his character had a good storyline anymore and I agree with him I would say after season 3 they didn't focus on him like they did before. That's why I think he is so excited about the new storyline the Ori and why I think he likes the direction of relationship of D&V cuz Daniel is passionate about someone again.
                        Minx Monday

she was trying to steal the ship.
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by iheartvala View Post
                          Second, I know how amazing some of you are at vidding and I wanted to drop off my first ever vid for some helpful tips if you have any. It's not D/V, actually it's John/Aeryn (but I know we have plenty of Scapers in this thread), but I wanted to know what you thought before I ventured into Daniel and Vala vidding land.

Here's a YouTube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VszaxJcVuWk

and here's a download for anyone who wants it:
                          http://www.sendspace.com/file/ajvwr9
                          (avi 30mb)

So far I know it gets slow at some points, and perhaps I should have mentioned something about copyright and how unlucky I am that I don't own Farscape, in the actual vid (got it in the description on YouTube). I only spent a few hours on this, but for a first attempt, I'm happy. Hope to hear from some of the pros (Stef! ). Thanks!
                          Okay, so I have to say that watching this vid, I would have never guessed you were a newbie! One of the hardest things to do, I think at least, is to make a vid using only one episode (I've been trying to make an MM one for awhile now), but you really did a great job with it. The only thing that I think it could have benefited from would be the breaking up a few of the longer scenes...but that's nothing serious, it didn't take away from the video, and sometimes letting the scene play out really enhanced particular parts of the song. The parts I like the best are when you cut back and forth from John to John's dream/fantasy or when you transition from various John looks with quick fades. Overall, I really enjoyed it....and I think you're ready for some D/V vidding You'll do them justice, I have no doubt!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          Stef if you want to look it up look up the history here is the link

http://www.savedanieljackson.com/

look in the history section it has all the stuff that happened when he left interviews all sorts of info it caught me up on alot of the stuff people mention on here it was called the Daniel Wars on here apparently

Anyway long story short MS was angry about what was happening with character or wasn't happening I think. He didn't feel like his character had a good storyline anymore and I agree with him I would say after season 3 they didn't focus on him like they did before. That's why I think he is so excited about the new storyline the Ori and why I think he likes the direction of relationship of D&V cuz Daniel is passionate about someone again.
                          Yeah, I remember going and reading some of that stuff way back when when I realized that MS was gone for a whole season (I kept wondering who this Jonas character that people kept mentioning was ). I don't blame MS if nothing was being done with his character. It must be frustrating to sit there and be wallpaper for everyone else, to just do the techno-babble with no real story attached to it. I'm amazed that CJ stayed with it, because Teal'c rarely got the kind of attention that RDA, AT, and MS got in terms of stories.

I also think that the Ori storyline was exciting for that reason. Plus, I think he was finally getting out of the shadow of the Jack character and being pushed front and center. With the exit of RDA, he not only got to move towards the lead male role but he also got to be the romantic hero figure as well. I think it would be exciting to get your very own ship. He hasn't really had one since Sha're....and nothing to the extent of S/J. Most of all though, I think it would be exciting to, after 10 years, discover and play with a side of your character that you've never really explored before. I think his relationship with Vala is a very different one for Daniel...he's usually very sweet in his relationships with women, but that wasn't really the case when Vala first came on the screen. Plus, I think that a romantic relationship gives you something to play with outside of the main storyline...it kind of gives you two aspects to work with.

Plus, CB is AMAZING to work with (if BB and MS are any indication).

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

*Can you feel the love?*

I just love this pic. I know it was posted too much but I can't help myself.
                            It seems to me like they're going on a mission and everybody else are preparing and Daniel and Vala're waiting to go over the horizon. It makes me think as if in Unending they managed to escape from time dilation field after a couple of months(like a year) and contiuning their relationships in their normal life
                            I know they're MS and CB but they're so Daniel and Vala in this picture.
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Guys, Did you see the last news of lacking of Vala on the DVD cover?
                              FOX said to Boss that it's nothing about Vala or CB but it's a design choice. Yep, you did read right. Design choice.
                              I couldn't believe the first time I saw it and I kinda hoped that they would correct the thing. But no they had decided that five person on the cover is too much..Yeah, I'm really pissed off. I think it's very offensive both CB, Vala and her fans. I was thinking to buy it, supporting the franchise even if It'd cost me a great deal of money but now, no way I'm gonna buy it.

Design choice, my ***
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                                Okay, so I have to say that watching this vid, I would have never guessed you were a newbie! One of the hardest things to do, I think at least, is to make a vid using only one episode (I've been trying to make an MM one for awhile now), but you really did a great job with it. The only thing that I think it could have benefited from would be the breaking up a few of the longer scenes...but that's nothing serious, it didn't take away from the video, and sometimes letting the scene play out really enhanced particular parts of the song. The parts I like the best are when you cut back and forth from John to John's dream/fantasy or when you transition from various John looks with quick fades. Overall, I really enjoyed it....and I think you're ready for some D/V vidding You'll do them justice, I have no doubt!
                                Thanks Stef that was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I guess I'll get working on that D/V vid that I've been dreaming up for sooooooo freaking long lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X