Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*fingers in ears*

I saw the title of the latest GW news thingy and suddenly decided that I am quite spoiled enough, hehe, so if I tend to not be around much then that's why.

Also, I'm writing like a madwoman This time this fic will be finished. It will.

Comment

Aw, Kales, we won't spoil you...unless you want to be spoiled. And if so, that's your own darn fault Can't wait for the fics though!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

First, Yay fics!!!

Second...

Originally posted by Kales View Post
        *fingers in ears*

I saw the title of the latest GW news thingy and suddenly decided that I am quite spoiled enough, hehe, so if I tend to not be around much then that's why.
        *shakes her head* there is not such a thing enough spoilers
        hehe eheh bring them
        Seriously, they doesn't make anything clearer, they just make me more confuse if that's possible.

Stef, Neither I am. Frankly I'm not a real fan of alternate timelines, time travel etc. (Even though I do like Doctor Who and Torchwood)

Edit: Here another spoiler about Ark of Truth.

Spoiler:
        "I find it a truly fascinating centerpiece," Cooper said of the Ark itself. "It's a device that essentially is a -- I don't want to say 'brain-washing' -- but it can be used to convince you of the truth."

Spoiler:
        I've really bad feelings about this. sounds lame, and already done.
        Last edited by gioia; 12 June 2007, 04:41 AM.
        sigpic
        Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Okay, so a rather bizarre Continuum spoiler from TV Guide:
          Spoiler:
          Apparently Mitchell, Carter, & ONeill will travel back to 1939 to battle over the newly found Stargate with...yes...NAZIS?!?!

Here's the thread discussing this little revelation....TV Guide Profiles Final SG-1 Episode.

My take...
          Spoiler:
          There's no mention of Daniel here. Someone in the thread mentioned above brought up an interesting point. What if they have two seperate timelines going on at once? Maybe Daniel interacts with Teal'c and Qetesh while Carter and Mitchell deal with setting things right. Interesting....but not sure how this would work exactly.

This is so confusing. And Nazis? Honestly? Maybe they plan on doing an homage to Indiana Jones with these two movies....the first one having to do with an "Ark" and the second dealing with the Nazis. Or maybe Daniel can don his leather jacket, get a bull-whip, and take on the Nazis by himself. That would definitely be something we've never seen Daniel do before! Honestly, what is going on with this movie?

At least AoT sounds like Stargate

Oh, and the article says that Continuum won't be making its way to shelves until next sping

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            Okay, so a rather bizarre Continuum spoiler from TV Guide:
            Spoiler:
            Apparently Mitchell, Carter, & ONeill will travel back to 1939 to battle over the newly found Stargate with...yes...NAZIS?!?!

Here's the thread discussing this little revelation....TV Guide Profiles Final SG-1 Episode.
            spoilers]
            Spoiler:
            That's ridicilous!! Nazis!! Comeee on!!

Oh, and the article says that Continuum won't be making its way to shelves until next sping

-Stef
            Oh noo...
            sigpic
            Banner made by Stef

Comment

Yeah, I don't know about that Continuum spoiler but after the quality of this season, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I'll buy both of them regardless of the random (and questionable) spoilers that I hear. The wait until spring will kill me though! I thought it was supposed to come out this fall. I don't have the will-power to wait that long (hence, why I downloaded 10.11-10.20 before they aired on SF).

Just perusing the Season 10 section. A couple of positive threads I thought I'd promote:

What I LIKE about Cameron and Vala joining Stargate
              (started by our very own Truskawka)
              The Pro-Season 10 Thread

Take a minute to support both threads so that we can try to counteract the anti threads out there Now I head off to bed. Night!

-Stef

Comment

Yeah, I don't know about that Continuum spoiler but after the quality of this season, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I'll buy both of them regardless of the random (and questionable) spoilers that I hear. The wait until spring will kill me though! I thought it was supposed to come out this fall. I don't have the will-power to wait that long (hence, why I downloaded 10.11-10.20 before they aired on SF).
                Hehe, me also. Of course but I wish the spoilers made a little more sense.
                Maybe I'm in whiny mode today and see everything from bad sides.

Have a good night, hun!
                sigpic
                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by tomin
                  Continuum Spoilers
                  Spoiler:
                  Daniel as Indiana Jones. That doesn't sound that bad. I don't understand them going back that far if Qetesh is alive then. Like some of you have said before, when they introduced her father it limited the number of years she could have been Qetesh. ???

Please let the DVD's come out in the Fall and not the Spring. I'm ready now.
                  Spoiler:
                  Well, people's saying in the discussion threads that there will be two alternate timelines. One of them includes Cam, Sam and JAck as they go back to 30s,arthic and Nazis without Daniel, the other timeline with Daniel and Vala, somehow more near our correct time. So vala might be alive there as Qetesh host. It just a speculation of course but it gives a good explanation why Daniel isn't in Artic and how Vala is still around. and of course, as shipper I really like that idea.

On the other side, I possibily wouldn't mind seeing Daniel as Indy, huge fan of him but it really depends on plot.
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by tomin
                    Continuum Spoilers
                    Spoiler:
                    Daniel as Indiana Jones. That doesn't sound that bad. I don't understand them going back that far if Qetesh is alive then. Like some of you have said before, when they introduced her father it limited the number of years she could have been Qetesh. ???

Please let the DVD's come out in the Fall and not the Spring. I'm ready now.
                    Did I say that I was going to bed? I'm sure I didn't....oh....wait. Well, ignore that.

Thoughts:
                    Spoiler:
                    Hmm....now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind Danny as Indy. Oh the possibilities. And not to step on gioia's territory, but what would DV do with that whip? Why must my thoughts always venture towards S&M? Must be the inner dominatrix in me

I really like the two timelines idea. I have no idea how that would work, but it would make my shipper heart happy if Daniel ended up spending his time with Vala/Qetesh. It makes some sense though...if Cam,Sam, and Jack have to fight both aliens and Nazis for the stargate, then they will be in 1939 for some time. I don't think they'd want to cut out three of their core five characters by only focusing on the two (including Jack) that traveled back in time. They will no doubt try to fix things as soon as possible and they won't return until the timeline is fixed. So, is BW just going to cut out Teal'c, Vala, Daniel, and Ba'al from most of the movie? I think not. Maybe Daniel stays behind to safeguard. In case the other three fail, Daniel will still be in the present and know how to defeat the Goa'uld. Just my thought.

Is it wrong that I want to see Qetesh torture Daniel? Maybe we'll get to see that whip afterall

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that AoT is still set for a fall release

-Stef

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Hmm....now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind Danny as Indy. Oh the possibilities. And not to step on gioia's territory, but what would DV do with that whip? Why must my thoughts always venture towards S&M? Must be the inner dominatrix in me
                      Spoiler:
                      well, well, someone's having dirty thoughts
                      Yay!! BDSM!!
                      It demands its own fanfic and I've no idea why I'm putting it inside spoilers bar.

Spoiler:
                      Is it wrong that I want to see Qetesh torture Daniel? Maybe we'll get to see that whip afterall
                      Spoiler:
                      Nope. not at all. If we see that, i'm sure that it's gonna be awesome.

Btw, Stef you really don't sleep, do you
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        well, well, someone's having dirty thoughts
                        Yay!! BDSM!!
                        It demands its own fanfic and I've no idea why I'm putting it inside spoilers bar.

Btw, Stef you really don't sleep, do you
                        Pretty much not, no. I am holding off on getting a job until the fall (well, I am applying to all sorts of places now with little success) so I am doing absolutely nothing useful with my time these days. Let's see, it is approximately.....11:10am here and I have yet to go to bed. In all fairness, I will probably be asleep at around 1pm through 10pm today. Talk about your wacky sleeping schedules! I keep trying to reset my internal clock by waking myself up early....but then I always wind up going back to sleep for lack of anything better to do. On the plus side, I'm getting a lot of reading done!

Today is TragiDay, no? Time for some Vala angst:

Poor Vala

-Stef

Comment

Ooh, nice picture. I will take you that and raise you three (some Danny here):

I think the guy who's holding Daniel back has a hilarious facial expression here

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                            Sorry...it's lateish, I'm sickish and I should be in bed, so I'll have to start this tomorrow.
                            LC
                            *Hugs* Hope you feel better soon, I'm looking forward ot my further education!

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                            *fingers in ears*

Also, I'm writing like a madwoman This time this fic will be finished. It will.
                            Not that I've been distracting you or anything...

You keep telling yourself it'll be finished. It will. Eventually. *Nods*

Just perusing the Season 10 section. A couple of positive threads I thought I'd promote:

What I LIKE about Cameron and Vala joining Stargate
                            (started by our very own Truskawka)
                            The Pro-Season 10 Thread

Take a minute to support both threads so that we can try to counteract the anti threads out there Now I head off to bed. Night!

-Stef
                            Positive threads! They exist! *Is shocked*

*Eyes spoilers*

*Resists*

Great pics, guys
                            sigpic
                            Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Okay, now I am seriously going to bed. I think 1pm is as long as I can hold out. Have to be ready later so that I can watch the final 6 episodes of season 9 with my friend. She's getting into it I only wish I had season 10 on DVD so that we could watch that too. Oh well, the computer screen will have to be good enough. They were good enough for the other friend I got obsessed

I really am a one-woman marketing machine (I've gotten 4 people into "Firefly" already, who have in turn spread the love....now I just have to lure my brother and his girlfriend into the fold ).

A couple of final pics before bed:

-Stef

Comment

*waves and runs in*

I´m gone and movie spoilers come out! ack!

Love all the posts! Spoilers! Theories! Speculation!Fics! Pic runs! All great!! Did a quick read through of all the stuff. Interseting stuff guys, hopefully when I get some more time I can go in depth into all my crazy thoughts you guys sparked.

But I like what has been said about the Ark of Truth, and all the possiblities that Contiuum might bring. As for the MS interview, I get it, and understand it, but *put fingers in ears ala Kales* My wonky DV bubble will not brust.

*runs out*

---

*back in*

the quotes:
                                In Beachhead when Daniel says "Well, we wanted to send them a message" and he smiles
                                TTTB when Landry goes "She told the head of the appropriation commity thay he had a, lets say, less than insuficant manhood."
                                There more, but I can´t think of all of them now.

*runs back out*
                                banner by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X