No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kales thanks for the fic rec. It was long, but I loved it. Made me feel all tingly inside...though did not help overwhelming lovely dovey feelings. This thread is making me mushy.

And Unending does make me forget. Tomin never entered my mind that entire ep.

On another note...the final scene
    Spoiler:
    Anyone feel like all those cliches are for us? Everytime I see it I feel it isn't even the characters speaking. I feel like Ben, Amanda, Chris, Claudia and Michael are talking to me. Teaching me. That as their last moments on an SG-1 ep they are hoping me a great life. Cliches are cliches...overused, but mostly because they are true. And just the way everyone of them spouts one off feels like they are saying to me and not to each other. Does that make sense??
    sigpic
    by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
      On another note...the final scene
      Spoiler:
      Anyone feel like all those cliches are for us? Everytime I see it I feel it isn't even the characters speaking. I feel like Ben, Amanda, Chris, Claudia and Michael are talking to me. Teaching me. That as their last moments on an SG-1 ep they are hoping me a great life. Cliches are cliches...overused, but mostly because they are true. And just the way everyone of them spouts one off feels like they are saying to me and not to each other. Does that make sense??
      Spoiler:
      yeah.. especially 'good things come to those who wait' was totally a shout-out to all SG-1 fans but i took it more personally,ya know Dala-wise
      sigpic
      Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
        I think you've just voiced the reason why most anti-shippers and noromos would prefer that there be no ship/romance element to the show at all - that the characters would be shown too much with their romantic other and not with their friends ruining the main premise of the show: the team. *EDIT: apologies for huge generalisation about why anti-shippers/noromos may not want ship on show*
        Exactly. I'm a non-shipper, I s'pose. I don't liek Sam. Jack and no, I don't like Daniel/Vala too much, either. I don't like it not because I'm against all romance, but because I think it changes the focus of the show. I admit, Jack/ Sam got on my nerves more htan Daniel/ Vala, for the simple reason that Daniel/ Vala was atad bit more active - there's nothing like those angsty Sam/ Jack glances to make me want to murder someone But all in all, season 10 has been a very good example on how the focus shifts, and why it's bad.

That being said, I don't think that less screen time for the friendship = killuing off that friendship. Unending spoilers
        Spoiler:
        For example, yes, Daniel spent more of his time with Vala, I'd assume so. But they were still hanging out with the rest of the people on the ship, they were still communicating with them. I think the most telling is Teal'c's bit at the end- he was willing to be the one staying old only if he knew for sure he won't be the only survivor. That's friendship. And I dind't get the vibe of "not including Daniel and Vala", I got the vibe of all 5 of them.
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

As for the brotherly/sisterly thing, and I've mentioned this before so everyone just ignore me, lol it's something that escapes me in part because I have no siblings, but in my mind a brotherly/sisterly thing isn't as strong as a friendship. Most of the people I know who have siblings don't get along and aren't close, and would probably never ever bother with each other if they weren't related. I could never really see Sam and Daniel like that because I haven't seen them really bicker a whole lot, and despite what people say about them in S7 and 8, I still saw a close friendship... me personally that is. I know everyone views it differently.
          JessM, I know lots and lots of siblings that get on like a house on fire and that's how I see Sam and Daniel. For me, and I think for you too, they had a really strong friendship in the first 8 seasons. For me the friendships were equally as strong for all four of the origainl team. Now that carried on between 'Sam and Teal'c' and for 'Sam/Teal'c and Jack' as well, from what we saw from his appearances, but not with Daniel. It's like Sam/Jack/Teal'c all stayed friends but Daniel kind of...drifted because he changed so much. Not initially, mind you, but definitely later on. And that's what I think upsets you most as it upsets me too because SG1 showed how close and important their friendships were in the first 8 seasons.

All I'll say is that I'm not crazy about Daniel when he's with Vala and to be totally honest I never really saw anything between them other than friendship, at least on Daniel's end. But that's just my opinion, for what it's worth - I know others see it differently and that's fine.
          I actually started to go off Daniel in general in seasons 9/10 because his character was so different from what it used to be, where as basically the others were still the same, but they had just matured from the first season, which is what I wanted for Daniel. But instead we got this personality transplant, which was kind of the bad parts of Mckay/Jack/Cam/Sheppard all put together and very little of the Daniel we used to have.

See, I enjoyed the Jack and Daniel banter too. But I never hated when Daniel and Sam or Daniel and Teal'c were paired up because it meant an end to that banter. Actually for the record Daniel did banter with Sam...not a whole lot, but it was there, like in The First Commandment, Message in a Bottle, and even more so in the later episodes. We couldn't have Jack/Daniel banter in every ep, or at least not the same amount of it in every ep, because then that would mean Jack and Daniel would have to be paired up in evry ep. That's what I loved about the early days - we had a great variety of things as far as pairings and interaction went. Nothing really felt one-sided and these guys seemed like a real family. I'm not seeing that anymore these past couple of seasons especially, and it brings me down. Daniel and Vala banter a lot, true, but I don't need to see a ton of it in every episode. I understand why fans of the pairing or of their banter would, but I personally don't.
          I also agree about the banter. In the earlier seasons we had interaction and banter with various combinations of pairings on the team, giving a really nice balance. Where as in the later seasons, we always had Daniel/Vala pair off and sometimes Cam/Teal'c, leaving Sam as kind of like the fifth wheel, which really upset me as a major Sam fan.

I was mostly upset by the final episode because I expected them to pay some kind of tribute to the old friendships. No matter what the state of Daniel's friendships with Sam and Teal'c back through the history of the show, the fact of the matter is that they've been together for ten years (give or take) and have been through a lot together. To not pay any tribute to that is a crime IMHO. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people and that's fine, but it did bother me personally and makes me wonder if either TPTB don't care about the old friendships at all, or we're made to believe that they no longer exist.
          I agree. As Rachel said, there should have been fewer D/V scenes and more team friendship scenes, esp between Sam/Teal'c/Daniel. Something to show how special their friendship is after surviving so much after 60 odd years (counting the 10 years not on the ship).

I am hoping there will be some nice interaction in either of the movies but after Unending I'm not really holding my breath.
          I think there will be, esp in the second movie, as Jack's back. Everytime he's come back it's felt like the first 8 seasons all over again and I think it's gonna be the same for Continuum. TPTB probably wanted to give a tribute to their friendship in that movie as it's probably not gonna be re-set, so it'll mean something. (Hopefully there should be some great Sam/Jack scenes there as well. )

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I also loved the final scene, and was both grinning like an idiot and crying my eyes out.

Second page? The army of Dala foot-soldiers won't like that *bump*

Hmm... to make this OT... I have half finished a Dala fic, a sort of AOT tag. Not sure where the second half is going, waiting for inspiration to strike.

kay x

*waves* to Poundpuppy!

Comment

Great fics and vids everyone. I really can't wait for the movies now I really hope they give us a Dala ending without a reset button I want a real time happy ending for D&V.

*Waves* to Kales
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                Hmm... to make this OT... I have half finished a Dala fic, a sort of AOT tag. Not sure where the second half is going, waiting for inspiration to strike.
                Yay!! oh boy. can't wait to read them. hope that inspiration strikes soon
                sigpic
                Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

I know, poundpuppy!
                  And this, ladies and gents, is me + paint + v.bored + immature...

Em yeah. That happened.

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                    I know, poundpuppy!
                    And this, ladies and gents, is me + paint + v.bored + immature...

Em yeah. That happened.

kay x
                    Great Job Kales!!! and we are not giving it back we are going to destroy the reset button!!!

((Reset Button))
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

For Unending

Spoiler:
                      I absolutley Loved the Daniel/Vala scence where he yells at her and then realizes that she does love him and they should be together. The only thing I didnt like was when they got back to real time, Teal'c tells them nothing, and sigh I wanted them to be together in real time too, but regardless, they had an amazing scene and I cried during the whole scence and the one at the end when they are really old..

Comment

Welcome, katielovesdaniel! And hee hee, thanks Poundpuppy. See what this paper is driving me to?

kay x

Comment

Oooh, my SG-loving friend is coming over to watch the last two eps tomorrow (another oh-sky-I-hate-you person ). She hasn't seen them yet and she's Dala. And she's totally - completely, utterly and 100% - unspoiled for both eps. I cannot wait to see her face. It's going to be so much fun!

kay x

Comment

VIVA LA REVOLUTION !!!!!! ......*laughing*....no more reset button

Faith
                            It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

hee hee hee thanks Faithstars, got your message in the other thread too

TPTB: "You can't fool the children of the revolution, oh you can't fool the children of the revolution!"

To the barricades, 'shippers!

kay x

Comment

Sgt. Faith reporting to the barricades....*marches*......
                                It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Working...
                                X