No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, I am so tired right now...and I still have to sit in this computer lab for another 2 hours, then endure another 1:15 for class. I just want to go to sleep

So, I was perusing my computer earlier and, wow, do I have a REALLY bad follow-through on projects! I think I started making, like, 5 music vids. Hopefully, this weekend I'll at least get around to finishing one.

I'm working on one for Vala and her boys to OK GO's "You're So Damn Hot." It's just a fun little vid...but the trick is coming up with scenes for her with Teal'c and Cam that last for more than 2 seconds. The other vid that I am more actively editing is DV-related....but more so Vala-centered. It's pretty angsty It's to Avril Lavigne's "Take Me Away." I won't lie to you...I chose the song more because I liked it than because of its relevance I'm also looking into making a Sam/Vala vid (maybe to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" ).

Okay, well....I'm going to surf some more....I'll be checking in periodically over the next couple of hours. All the while, I need to read this article on Meg Ryan films (which I can't say I'm a fan of).

Current Music: "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" by Carole King

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Again with the second page.

Don't forget to vote in the H&H games in the fun & games section
      Vala looks like a goner but there is still hope for our ship and Daniel.

he is so her lobster
      and this is so true

I don't know who made it but I like it
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
        I just got done watching Family Ties:

Spoiler:
        I thought it was a bit of fluff but it was quite enjoyable. LOVED Fred Willard. He is soooooooo funny. The best part of this whole ep really was the ending. The hype did not disappoint for that. I laughed for 5 minutes over that!!! Liked the talk between D/V, would have liked more but that's how it goes!!
        Well I watched it last night and now I need HELP from someone please...CONVINCE ME this is going to work because I have to say that I
        Spoiler:
        I WAS NOT taken with that conversation in his office...I thought he was sarcastic and condescending...I wanted to jump through the screen and slap him......where was that pleased expression on his face in MM when he talked about her progress?...pretty much everyone one was telling Jacek to stop being a jerk to Vala but I don't recall hearing anything like from Daniel! And now after running just that scene on 'youtube again I'm so depressed. And PLEASE don't slough this off because it seems to be contrary to everyone else's opinion I really need a comment. I DID however love the Sam/Vala bonding...wonderful...even my husband made the remark about them becoming friends. AND the Teal'c thing was hysterical...I would assume the reason that ending was referred to as 'topical' was because the 'Monologues' was playing somewhere in Vancouver when this show was filming.

I also think the reason the cast seems so tanned because I believe last summer/fall was very sunny/hot in Vancouver(altho I'd have to check the Environment Canada archives to verify that)(yep I'm Canadian,lol) so I guess everyone was picking up lots of sun.
        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
          Well I watched it last night and now I need HELP from someone please...CONVINCE ME this is going to work because I have to say that I
          Spoiler:
          I WAS NOT taken with that conversation in his office...I thought he was sarcastic and condescending...I wanted to jump through the screen and slap him......where was that pleased expression on his face in MM when he talked about her progress?...pretty much everyone one was telling Jacek to stop being a jerk to Vala but I don't recall hearing anything like from Daniel! And now after running just that scene on 'youtube again I'm so depressed. And PLEASE don't slough this off because it seems to be contrary to everyone else's opinion I really need a comment. I DID however love the Sam/Vala bonding...wonderful...even my husband made the remark about them becoming friends. AND the Teal'c thing was hysterical...I would assume the reason that ending was referred to as 'topical' was because the 'Monologues' was playing somewhere in Vancouver when this show was filming.

I also think the reason the cast seems so tanned because I believe last summer/fall was very sunny/hot in Vancouver(altho I'd have to check the Environment Canada archives to verify that)(yep I'm Canadian,lol) so I guess everyone was picking up lots of sun.
          I agree with you mostly for that scene the one after it was a little better more honest if you ask me
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Spoiler:

Further analysis of Family Ties:

Spoiler:
            I did say that I liked the talk between D/V. I didn't really notice sarcasm the first time I watched it, but after watching it again last night, I did notice a little bit. I kind of figured it was because Daniel had gone through this with her, so for her to be the way she was, he just didn't get it(does that make sense?) I liked it for the fact that at least there was some one on one interaction between the two of them(though it isn't the one and one I would like to see, if you catch my drift ) Here's to hoping TPTB don't screw this up!!!

Alright, I will probably be back much later. Having friends over to watch movies tonight. Have a good one all!!!!
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
              I agree with you mostly for that scene the one after it was a little better more honest if you ask me
              If you mean the scene immediately after that at Jacek's apartment...I don't know, all I saw in that scene was Daniel's usual irritation at Vala reverting to 'her old ways'.
              LC
              sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Spoiler:
                While I didn't react as negatively to the conversation as you did, I also wasn't taken with the whole exchange either....
                Spoiler:
                When Daniel asked Vala to sit down, it sounded like he was her school counselor and she was in trouble...so they were going to have a "talk." I don't know, maybe that was just me

As I was watching the scene over, it almost sounds like Daniel is rubbing Vala's past in her face. At the very least, he seemed to have been minimalizing the progress she has made this season. I don't like counselor Daniel

I've been holding back on commenting on this, because I didn't want to get people down...but it did annoy me quite a bit. Definitely wasn't shippy for me. Hopefully, we'll get back to the normal, caring Daniel next week

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  While I didn't react as negatively to the conversation as you did, I also wasn't taken with the whole exchange either....
                  Spoiler:
                  When Daniel asked Vala to sit down, it sounded like he was her school counselor and she was in trouble...so they were going to have a "talk." I don't know, maybe that was just me

As I was watching the scene over, it almost sounds like Daniel is rubbing Vala's past in her face. At the very least, he seemed to have been minimalizing the progress she has made this season. I don't like counselor Daniel

I've been holding back on commenting on this, because I didn't want to get people down...but it did annoy me quite a bit. Definitely wasn't shippy for me. Hopefully, we'll get back to the normal, caring Daniel next week

-Stef
                  Thank you Stef...your entire spoiler section is what I felt too...and funnily enough I was just making a comment at the DV Forum and I used the the phrase 'school principal'.
                  To tell you the truth I don't know is normal for Daniel anymore. I was reading stuff at the Daniel Appreciation thread about his new glasses and I gotta say that initially I liked them but as the season has gone on I like them less and less...as weird as it sounds he seems less approachable...sterner. And I have a really hard time sometimes seeing them as actual friends...he just doesn't treat the others like he treats her sometimes.
                  Okay that's enough depressing stuff from me...here's hoping for Dominion
                  LC
                  sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Thank you Stef...your entire spoiler section is what I felt too...and funnily enough I was just making a comment at the DV Forum and I used the the phrase 'school principal'.
                    To tell you the truth I don't know is normal for Daniel anymore. I was reading stuff at the Daniel Appreciation thread about his new glasses and I gotta say that initially I liked them but as the season has gone on I like them less and less...as weird as it sounds he seems less approachable...sterner. And I have a really hard time sometimes seeing them as actual friends...he just doesn't treat the others like he treats her sometimes.
                    Okay that's enough depressing stuff from me...here's hoping for Dominion
                    LC
                    Hmm, that's interesting. Come to think of it...the new specs do make Daniel look more serious. When did he get them, anyway? Sometime this season? The truth of the matter is...I don't always see the friendships Daniel supposedly has with ANY of his other teammates. Aside from Vala, I can't say I'm a fan of any of Daniel's other relationships. He seems to get annoyed fairly easily....and I think that keeps him aloof from everyone else, in some ways.

Here we are complaining about this one scene, when the poor Sam/Daniel people barely get an acknowledgement of Sam's existance by Daniel anymore

*sigh* Look what you did, LC. You made me think about stuff, and now I'm depressed.

Hmm..well...let me think of the good times...
                    Spoiler:
                    10.01: Saving Vala at the end of the episode.
                    10.02: Talking to Landry about making her a part of SG-1. Congratulating her on passing the psych eval. Giving Cam a look, urging him to lighten up on Vala.
                    10.03: Balcony scene
                    10.06: The cute look he gets when he is telling Vala about the "classified" mission (ie Jack is Cam's daddy)
                    10.07: Trying to comfort Vala about Adria. Confiding in her about Sha're. The look he gives her at the end, as she walks out.
                    10.08: The whole episode!!!
                    10.09: The cute bit when they're talking to Sam (V: It's better than our plan S: What's that? D: We don't have one.)
                    10.11: The way they pair off together...and the little looks he sneaks her while Merlin in talking. Most of their scenes in general.
                    10.14: His hurt tone when he realizes she doesn't believe him. Actually listening to her point about why she can't trust him.
                    10.17: The easiness of their conversation together in the woods. The looks he gives her in the briefing room.

Just try to keep all of that in mind, rather than Daniel in the last episode

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      Hmm, that's interesting. Come to think of it...the new specs do make Daniel look more serious. When did he get them, anyway? Sometime this season? The truth of the matter is...I don't always see the friendships Daniel supposedly has with ANY of his other teammates. Aside from Vala, I can't say I'm a fan of any of Daniel's other relationships. He seems to get annoyed fairly easily....and I think that keeps him aloof from everyone else, in some ways.

Here we are complaining about this one scene, when the poor Sam/Daniel people barely get an acknowledgement of Sam's existance by Daniel anymore

*sigh* Look what you did, LC. You made me think about stuff, and now I'm depressed.

Hmm..well...let me think of the good times...
                      Spoiler:
                      10.01: Saving Vala at the end of the episode.
                      10.02: Talking to Landry about making her a part of SG-1. Congratulating her on passing the psych eval. Giving Cam a look, urging him to lighten up on Vala.
                      10.03: Balcony scene
                      10.06: The cute look he gets when he is telling Vala about the "classified" mission (ie Jack is Cam's daddy)
                      10.07: Trying to comfort Vala about Adria. Confiding in her about Sha're. The look he gives her at the end, as she walks out.
                      10.08: The whole episode!!!
                      10.09: The cute bit when they're talking to Sam (V: It's better than our plan S: What's that? D: We don't have one.)
                      10.11: The way they pair off together...and the little looks he sneaks her while Merlin in talking. Most of their scenes in general.
                      10.14: His hurt tone when he realizes she doesn't believe him. Actually listening to her point about why she can't trust him.
                      10.17: The easiness of their conversation together in the woods. The looks he gives her in the briefing room.

Just try to keep all of that in mind, rather than Daniel in the last episode

-Stef
                      The new glasses made their appearance after 200(I think.) I don't see the friendships as clearly as in earlier seasons but after 10 years day-in-day-out friendships are a part of ones life and taken for granted...no they shouldn't be but they are.
                      I know one of the things I keep reading on other threads(anti DV, or S/D threads) is complaining about DV always pairing off and I keep thinking 'well yeah of course, for one thing, Landry's holds him responsible for her actions so therefore he's going to be at her side and secondly it's a human mating pattern...think about groups of teens of say 13,14, 15...they do things in groups...then 15,16,17 they start pairing off.
                      "He seems to get annoyed fairly easily...I think that keeps him aloof from everyone else, in some ways."..
                      ha, ha...I believe I read somewhere MS describing him as 'petulant'...guess this is what he meant.
                      I actually had a short 'Shroud' tag in mind that addressed the Sam/Daniel thing...may still do it.

"10.08: The whole episode!!!"....
                      This is the one SPACE(Canada) is running tonight...maybe it'll cheer me up.
                      LC
                      sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

LOL hastiekido , when I saw that scene my mind went immediatly to that exact same thing. I would have made caps myself if I could because theres a few more that follow that same sort of gutter scene, lol.

Love the look on Daniels face in the first pic, what is he looking at, he he he.

Loving all the positive looks on the ship. And short episode annalyses, brings me back to all the good times.

Hopefully have something tonight, fic update, vid maybe. Or pictures if I can find anymore. Will see what I can come up with.

Spoiler:
                        Thanks Stef for the great banners!!

My StarGate Music Vids: http://www.freewebs.com/padfoot_001

Comment

LC in response to your slightly earlier comment about Family Ties

Spoiler:
                          I was dissappointed in that scene as well for the reasons that you and Stef both brought up but mostly because it felt like Daniel was the one going back on his old ways. There was no question that Vala has changed and from that scene it seems that most of season 10 was erased from Daniel's memory. Maybe he was just putting up boundries again, but if TPTB are going to **** with this ship like they did the Sam/Jack ship I am going to be so
                          But they can make it up depending on the last two episodes.

Oh yeah, Bump!

And from some reason when I was channel surfing tonight and I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and there was talk of turning it into a tv show, wouldn't MS and CB be soooo much better than BP and AJ. I can total see them as that type of couple, I would watch it!

Sorry that was completely random, but I love watching these two together and I am going to miss Stargate and Dala.
                          sigpic

Banner liberated from Stef

My Place for friends

Comment

Originally posted by Parthenos View Post
                            LC in response to your slightly earlier comment about Family Ties

Spoiler:
                            I was dissappointed in that scene as well for the reasons that you and Stef both brought up but mostly because it felt like Daniel was the one going back on his old ways. There was no question that Vala has changed and from that scene it seems that most of season 10 was erased from Daniel's memory. Maybe he was just putting up boundries again, but if TPTB are going to **** with this ship like they did the Sam/Jack ship I am going to be so
                            But they can make it up depending on the last two episodes.

Oh yeah, Bump!

And from some reason when I was channel surfing tonight and I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and there was talk of turning it into a tv show, wouldn't MS and CB be soooo much better than BP and AJ. I can total see them as that type of couple, I would watch it!

Sorry that was completely random, but I love watching these two together and I am going to miss Stargate and Dala.
                            Ha! You might be onto something I wouldn't mind seeing that!

As for Daniel, so far this season, I haven't had a problem with him until "Family Ties" (for the most part). Keeping in mind the scene from this episode, I'm now suddenly a little worried about....
                            Spoiler:
                            the spoilers I heard about Daniel taking Vala to task. Does anyone remember this? I can't remember it precisely...

-Stef

Comment

*sigh* Where is everyone tonight? Did the discussion of "Family Ties" scare people away?

Here's a fun little thread that was just started: Who's Hotter, Vala or Sam?

Needless to say, I voted for Vala.

As for MM (10.08), LC, I think that episode has a scene that is the antithesis of the one from "Family Ties"
                              Spoiler:
                              Here, Daniel also brings up the "falling back on your old ways" thing...but, as opposed to FT, the way this scene plays off is really sweet and endearing. He's showing how proud he is of the progress that she has made, not shoving anything in her face. He also seems to be connected with her, rather than lecturing her from a lofty perch. The scenes parallel each other...but whereas FT gets the mood COMPLETELY wrong, MM gets it just right

Maybe I'll go back and watch that now

My newest vid is coming along nicely. It's mostly about Vala, but it's got a DV theme to it So look for that sometime this weekend.

Okay, well, I am going to head off to bed. Good night (or morning, as the case may be).

-Stef

Comment

*rewatches FT*

Spoiler:

Ugh you're right. I noticed something not quite in that scene when I spoilered it "something in his voice"... Much as my 'shippy denial wants to kick in.

I didn't mind the next scene quite so much, or the scene where they track Jacek but that one is very... unequal, which is where I thought they were getting.

Anyone know who scribed that episode? I know peter deluise directed...

I may have to write a tag for that, addressing his whole... blahness. and that line at the end was begging for it
                                Spoiler:

"Cameron's got a date [AMY, anyone?? what happened to that supposedly continuing thing...], Daniel's exhausted, and Teal'c got tickets to a show..."

Hmm... this has been bugging me ever since. May have to tag it.

kay x

Comment

Working...
                                X