No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been voting for her and Elizabeth. I hope FF will let you post it I am enjoying the story.
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Stupid ff.net! Clearly, it does not understand how badly some of us want to read your next chapter, Kales! The nerve

As for recs on SF books...can't say that any we've read have really impressed me much. The best one I read was probably Octavia Butler's "Dawn." It had some really interesting things going on (all relating back to human nature) and I remember enjoying it as I was reading it (which I can't say is true for many of the books I've had to read).

Yeah, I am excited to see CB on "The Dresden Files," not because I love the show or anything, but because the press release makes it sound like this role could lend itself well to another appearance. Plus, I love CB take on different roles. She always does such a great job. As for the show itself, I watched its series premiere, right before BSG in January. It was ok, nothing in it that got me hooked. So, needless to say, I haven't seen an episode since. It's by no means a bad show though.

Yes, everyone MUST VOTE FOR VALA!!! She looks to be the next to go in that game. Teyla was working for awhile as a nice buffer (Weir fans would go after her). Now, it looks like Vala is an open target

Okay, so I think that I am going to go and take a nap, then watch tonight's episode of "Heroes."

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

important fanfiction announcement!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE CLEO!

If you haven't been reading her fic, "Honor Amongst Thieves", she's a brilliant DV writer and it can be found @ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3394910/1/

And she's updating daily and faithfully

She's also unholy smart and found a way around the update issue, a back door if you will. So for everyone who uses FF.net, here's how to update during the Doc manager blackout. Stef if you haven't got anything already posted, I'm sorry I don't think this will work for you...

1. Go to 'Stories'
        2. Pick one. Any one. Go to 'Edit'
        3. Go to 'Chapters/Content'
        4. Pick a chapter, any chapter and hit the EXP (export) command
        5. Go to your doc manager
        6. Open the chapter you just exported
        7. Delete everything in it
        8. Paste the content of your new chapter onto that doc
        9. HIT 'SAVE CHANGES'!!!!!!!!!!
        10. Did you hit "SAVE CHANGES"?
        11. Good. Now that you're sure you've hit "SAVED CHANGES" we can move on.
        12. Go to the story you want to update, and update the new chapter as normal or create the new story as normal.

This appears to work for both Cleo and I, so I hope it helps. It appears the problem is exclusively uploading a new file - editing an old one and using that as normal is okay.

FANFICTION UPDATE
        Domino Motion
        Chapter Nine: The Anchor Song
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3394910/1/

After this one, I'm moving the plot forward again. You'll see why. As always, please review!

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          Stupid ff.net! Clearly, it does not understand how badly some of us want to read your next chapter, Kales! The nerve

As for recs on SF books...can't say that any we've read have really impressed me much. The best one I read was probably Octavia Butler's "Dawn." It had some really interesting things going on (all relating back to human nature) and I remember enjoying it as I was reading it (which I can't say is true for many of the books I've had to read).

Yeah, I am excited to see CB on "The Dresden Files," not because I love the show or anything, but because the press release makes it sound like this role could lend itself well to another appearance. Plus, I love CB take on different roles. She always does such a great job. As for the show itself, I watched its series premiere, right before BSG in January. It was ok, nothing in it that got me hooked. So, needless to say, I haven't seen an episode since. It's by no means a bad show though.

Yes, everyone MUST VOTE FOR VALA!!! She looks to be the next to go in that game. Teyla was working for awhile as a nice buffer (Weir fans would go after her). Now, it looks like Vala is an open target

Okay, so I think that I am going to go and take a nap, then watch tonight's episode of "Heroes."

-Stef
          A little OTT but I also watched the first ep of Dresden Files. It was ok, but nothing that I felt would keep me watching each week. I will watch the CB ep just for her. She is just fantastic!!

You're a Heroes fan too Stef? I love that show. I am eagerly awaiting tonight's ep!!!!!

Okay to keep this on topic...

This pic doesn't need a cap
          sigpic
          Sig made by me

Comment

hee hee hee

*looks around* that sound wasn't all our minds slipping into the gutter, now was it? *innocent eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
              hee hee hee

*looks around* that sound wasn't all our minds slipping into the gutter, now was it? *innocent eyes*
              TeeHeeHee

Slipping into the gutter?? My mind is a permanent resident it is nice to have people come to visit me here...LOL

sigpic
              Sig made by me

Comment

Oh so those were also gutter-worthy beyond caps?? Nice pics though, and much appreciated.

kay x

Comment

Oh so those were also gutter-worthy beyond caps?? Nice pics though, and much appreciated.

kay x

Glad you like them Kales!! I told you guys that I was going to share as soon as I got some uploaded. I am working on Avalon right now

As soon as I am done with all the pics, I am going to go and start reading everyone's fics. Every spare minute I have has been devoted to the pics. I can't wait to start reading them!!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

*is glad to hear that after the sheer effort of ff.net today*

Someone asked about We Are Nowhere... earlier, and yes, I will start posting more on it soon. I have the last chapter written, but I decided at the start that since I have no plot to stick to, I'm posting it two days before Unending airs regardless of the number of uploads between now and then. It's kind of bittersweet, but it feels good, so...

Oh and Domino, I have chapters 11 and 12 written, I just need to write ten now

EDIT: hellloooooo.... *echo echo echo ....* No one's here. I'm lonely. I have a paper to research and need distracting.

kay x
                    Last edited by Kales; 26 February 2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

*is glad to hear that after the sheer effort of ff.net today*

Someone asked about We Are Nowhere... earlier, and yes, I will start posting more on it soon. I have the last chapter written, but I decided at the start that since I have no plot to stick to, I'm posting it two days before Unending airs regardless of the number of uploads between now and then. It's kind of bittersweet, but it feels good, so...

Oh and Domino, I have chapters 11 and 12 written, I just need to write ten now

EDIT: hellloooooo.... *echo echo echo ....* No one's here. I'm lonely. I have a paper to research and need distracting.

kay x
                      I just got Avalon uploaded. I wish this process didn't take so long...LOL A research paper...(((hugs))) I don't miss those!!

Here is a little something...

V: You think room this will do?
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

oh the next one has to say "Any room will do, baby" *cringes and dies*

you see what this is driving me to?

kay x

Comment

oh the next one has to say "Any room will do, baby" *cringes and dies*

you see what this is driving me to?

kay x
                          It is so much fun isn't it

Okay this is the closest I have for your Cap...

D: Any room will do, baby!
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

I am sorry to leave you Kales, but is it that time of night for me. I have some things to finish up before bedtime. Hope your research goes well

Have a good night!!

sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

IT STILL WON'T LET ME POST.

kay x
                              Glad to see you finally got it posted Kay...really enjoying it and I don't see a problem with the ending....I'm finding all the fics are slowing that moment down a lot.
                              LC
                              sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                              http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Hehe I was being ironic

I promise the plot picks up in the next one. i'll see you all at pre-ep check in tomorrow, as always, at 1930 GMT with details of my dinner and assurances that sky is working.

Time is now 0315. I am going to power nap. Alarm is set for 0430. I will be absent from GW until 1900 tomorrow, due to mass coursework overload and mental fragmentation.

EDIT: it would make me very happy to come back to much dala discussion and maybe a few reviews of constructive criticism

kay x

Comment

Working...
                                X