Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I think they're just made for each other, they just don't know it yet
    Isn't that the obligatory premise for a great relationship ?

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      As Daniel doesn't seem to have much luck with long term relationships with women, (as Sam doesn't with men), why would you want to promote a ship between Daniel and Vala?
      Why wouldn't I?

Does Sam's rotten luck deter anyone from shipping her with...well, everyone from Jack to McKay to Ba'al to Daniel?

She is not a regular cast member, unless I missed something...
      Well, seeing as there are no regular cast members I'd be interested in seeing Daniel paired up with, I can handle recurring. Besides, it's quality, not quantity, that matters, right?

I'd hate to see Danny get his heart broken again. He's loved and lost already...
      I'd hate for him to be denied any chance at future happiness because of an already tragic past. That seems rather cruel: "No, sorry, I'm afraid you've suffered too much, you don't get to be happy."

And I'd hate to be denied any further chance of seeing Daniel Jackson loving a woman, focused and intent on her. It's one of the most beautiful sights in this world.*

Darn cute when he's all flirty, too.

If Vala can bring out that side of Daniel again - along with his more snarky, playful and just plain fun side - then I'm game.

Tucker

* Two screencaps, at least, created by the talented Starfox, the third...well, crap, I'm not sure, it's been so long, but it might be her, too.

Comment

I got the new TV Guide today. *squee* There are some Daniel/Vala spoilers in it, so read at your own risk. They are good, though. In fact, there's a little pic of them and the caption reads: "Daniel and Vala get close." We hope so, don't we? Real close.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
          I got the new TV Guide today. *squee* There are some Daniel/Vala spoilers in it, so read at your own risk. They are good, though. In fact, there's a little pic of them and the caption reads: "Daniel and Vala get close." We hope so, don't we? Real close.
          I guess it's the new issue, not the one with Ben/Amanda or Be/Tricia/Joe on the cover?

Comment

In fact, there's a little pic of them and the caption reads: "Daniel and Vala get close."
            Sweet, isn't it?

I liked the intro the Claudia's 'Chicago Tribune' interview, as well: "On 'Farscape,' Claudia Black and Ben Browder played the hottest couple in outer space, but these days, Black's devious new 'Stargate SG-1' character, Vala, has eyes only for Dr. Daniel Jackson..."

Aww, bless her naughty little heart.

Originally posted by Kalliope
            I guess it's the new issue, not the one with Ben/Amanda or Ben/Tricia/Joe on the cover?
            Same issue. The article inside includes a picture of Daniel and Vala, with a quote from Michael about how
            Spoiler:
            they're bound to each other for an episode or four
            and a sweet little caption about impending "closeness."

I'm not quite sure what to make of all this "couple-y" promotion. Not complaining, either, mind you.

Tucker

Comment

I'm really looking forward to S9.

A.
              VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
                Same issue. The article inside includes a picture of Daniel and Vala, with a quote from Michael about how
                Spoiler:
                they're bound to each other for an episode or four
                and a sweet little caption about impending "closeness."
                Tucker
                I must have missed this bit when I was reading (a scan of) this article a few days ago...

Comment

A couple articles I've seen refer to Vala as a thief. Hmmm, not sure about that term. I would prefer con artist.

Comment

A couple articles I've seen refer to Vala as a thief. Hmmm, not sure about that term. I would prefer con artist.
                    "intergalactic thief" to be exact, that's much more than some ordinary thief

Comment

Just wanted to stop by and say how excited I am about D/V in the coming season! They looked so cute together on the Sci Fi special last night, and they seem quite friendly. I cracked up when MS sniffed CB's armpit!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                      McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                      Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                      McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                        Just wanted to stop by and say how excited I am about D/V in the coming season! They looked so cute together on the Sci Fi special last night, and they seem quite friendly. I cracked up when MS sniffed CB's armpit!
                        In every interview with Claudia after "Prometheus Unbound" she had only VERY GOOD things to say about MS, the same in the commentary for this episode

Yup, this moment when MS sniffed her armpit is just great (thanks to the wonders of technology I'm watching it now )

Comment

I thought I'd stop by and show everyone that I love D/V, so I put it in today's sig! It's one of the 3 ships I support. You can see a bigger version of it if you click on the "12 Days of Stargate" link.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                          McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                          Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                          McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                            I thought I'd stop by and show everyone that I love D/V, so I put it in today's sig! It's one of the 3 ships I support. You can see a bigger version of it if you click on the "12 Days of Stargate" link.
                            Very nice, I love them!

Comment

I wished the Sci-fi special had more about Vala. It was just a few seconds of Claudia. I did like the scene when she walks down the Gate ramp and Mitchell comments on her outfit. LOL! I only wish it had been Daniel. It seems that black is all she wears. I did like the part when Daniel said the monster would be more afraid of her than she is of it.

It sounds like we're in store for more great banter. Woo hoo!

Comment

I did like the scene when she walks down the Gate ramp and Mitchell comments on her outfit. LOL! I only wish it had been Daniel.
                                Um...what exactly did Mitchell say, if I may ask?

It sounds like we're in store for more great banter. Woo hoo!
                                I'll second that "Woo hoo!" Danny needs a sparring partner. I love that Claudia sees Vala as a foil for him; he's missed having that since his last foil started giving in to him too easily.

Tucker

Comment

Working...
                                X