You called?
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I never shipped those two until I saw Unending... *sigh*
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Oven, Maneth! You ought to go back to Prometheus Unbound and watch it again with shippy eyes. So much fun stuff!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Welcome to the Oven!
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. And I just might watch PU again, Daniel was great in it.
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome! Wow, and not shipped until Unending.. but surely now you re-watch all the rest through shippy eyes
              sigpic - Know Vala Know SG-1 No Vala No SG-1 -

Comment

I guess I didn't ship them before because Vala rubbed me the wrong way. I thought Daniel should have had a nicer, sweeter girlfriend. But Vala changed a lot, probably more than any other character.

Still...

sigpic

Comment

Hi, Cakes!

I watched Unending again last night. Never get tired of it. Y'know...the more I listen to Daniel's rant with Vala the more I understand the meaning behind the rant. It's not that he's angry with Vala but more frustrated with himself. It's like he's trying find reasoning behind his feelings for Vala. He's trying make sense of it all. But...as we know...sometimes love doesn't make sense. In fact...maybe that's why opposites attract. He did mention they are opposite. May be Daniel's just denying himself that the fact that he is attracted to her because she IS so different from himself.

sigpic
                  Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Indeed. And that's why it's so sad that they don't remember anything of their 50 years together...
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved the way Vala shook him out of his comfortable rut. Yes, it was good that they toned her down, but it was still fun in the early days.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It was during TPTB (the one with the Ori showing up on Qetesh's planet. I get that and TTTB mixed up for titles) that Daniel saw that she was someone he could fall in love with. And probably is where he started to fall in love with her.
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess I didn't ship them before because Vala rubbed me the wrong way. I thought Daniel should have had a nicer, sweeter girlfriend. But Vala changed a lot, probably more than any other character.

Still...

Nah...(see bold)...being a genius Daniel needed someone who challenged him and kept him on his toes....I mean, yeah having someone who was nasty and bad tempered wouldn't have made sense...but Vala was never nasty(sarcastic maybe, but not mean) and she definitely wasn't bad-tempered. If she wasn't intellligent enough to be able to keep him guessing then eventually he would've gotten bored and he would've gotten more and more submerged in his work. And I'm pretty sure that once he got past all her defenses he would've found her very sweet. The one thing you had always had to keep in mind was that pretty much all of Vala's behaviour was self-defensive.
                        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

That's a fair point, and I admit one I hadn't considered before, in spite of all the nasty things her father did (and didn't do...).
                          sigpic

Comment

Indeed. And that's why it's so sad that they don't remember anything of their 50 years together...
                            Yes, I was not happy that it ended like that *sigh*

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            I loved the way Vala shook him out of his comfortable rut. Yes, it was good that they toned her down, but it was still fun in the early days.
                            Yes, the early days were tons of fun but toned down Vala was also great for Daniel

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It was during TPTB (the one with the Ori showing up on Qetesh's planet. I get that and TTTB mixed up for titles) that Daniel saw that she was someone he could fall in love with. And probably is where he started to fall in love with her.
                            I agree
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

That's a fair point, and I admit one I hadn't considered before, in spite of all the nasty things her father did (and didn't do...).
                              Well a lot of her defenses were because of her father...she says that quite clearly in "Family Ties"...that didn't have to automatically mean she was just like her father.
                              Anyway, glad you saw light and now understand why so many have believed in DV from the start.
                              sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                              http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Absolutely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X