Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
    Anyone else watching Atlantis tonight specifically for the CHANCE of a BREATH of a MENTION of Daniel's Vala? *sniffle* I know I'm gonna wind up sad, but... I can hope. Right? RIGHT???
    Pats Tay for optimism.

Mag

Oh, what I thought was cheery smiley now says puts out tongue. I'ts not that to me. It's a chuckle smiley.
    Last edited by Magnecite; 27 September 2008, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
      Okay, so this is definitely getting off topic, but have you seen this vid? Movin' On It's a team vid, only for Seasons 1-8, but it has Jonas! And it's one of those vids that actually chokes me up. It takes a couple viewings to really get the full effect, because the scenes and the lyrics go by so quickly, and yet they are all so perfectly chosen. It's a celebration of all the exhilaration and the sorrow...definitely reminds me why I love Stargate.
      See, I don't actually have as big of a problem with it if people label the vid appropriately (and obviously if something has been posted before S9-10 I have no problem with it). Instead of saying "this is dedicated the the members of SG-1" say "this is dedicated to S1-8 of SG-1" or whatever. Cause then I at least know what the vid will be and won't sit there waiting for certain faces to appear and then get disappointed when they don't. If you're gonna be selective in your "team" I just say you tell me beforehand, that's all And back on topic...

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
      How to be on-topic...hmm...was re-watching Ark for some D/V clips and noticed something: ARK stuff
      Spoiler:
      There is a scene in the forest where they are being shot at. A blast goes right by Vala and she looks over at Daniel who is looking at her. I never noticed his expression before, but it had a melt moment to it.
      Ah, yeah, I remember that.
      Spoiler:
      I believe they were looking at Teal'c on the ground all worried like and then their eyes came up and met over the staff blasts I like their silent conversations!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Anyone else watching Atlantis tonight specifically for the CHANCE of a BREATH of a MENTION of Daniel's Vala? *sniffle* I know I'm gonna wind up sad, but... I can hope. Right? RIGHT???
        Oh, I'm watching it tonight. You might even be able to hear my squee from New Mexico if he's wearing a ring, mentions Vala, all the usual hopes and dreams!
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Me too right there with you hope for the best prepare for the worst

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Oh, I'm watching it tonight. You might even be able to hear my squee from New Mexico if he's wearing a ring, mentions Vala, all the usual hopes and dreams!
          I am watching too from my neighbor's house and I am hopeful but if anything happens I will have to keep my squee quiet but I don't have internet on weekends anymore so I will have to wait to see what you guys think.

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I am watching cause I love Atlantis. I am super uber excited because Daniel is back! And I will do the snoopy dance if there is Vala mentioned. I have hope, but I'm keeping myself grounded for absolutlely no Vala mention. I have to say I have a little day dream in my head that he mentions dating her. At best I think the best we will get...is a name mention if what ever they do somehow ties in to something Vala was related to.

And on the other hand my shippy little heart tells me I felt the same way about Uneneding. I had high hopes...but didn't expect them to come true.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            A ring?? A ring??????? I wish. I would write Sci-fi to keep Atlantis just for that. Ha. Whatever happens...I love me some Daniel. Those glasses (don't know why, but glasses are my thing)...yum.
            sigpic
            by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post

A ring?? A ring??????? I wish. I would write Sci-fi to keep Atlantis just for that. Ha. Whatever happens...I love me some Daniel. Those glasses (don't know why, but glasses are my thing)...yum.
              Oh heck yeah, I'm gonna love seeing Vala's Daniel no matter what... and Vala's Daniel's glasses....
              sigpic

Comment

Probably won't be watching SGA until tomorrow...so I'm counting on all of you fruitcakes to fill me in on the goings on of Dr. Daniel Jackson And if necessary, make up some nice devilish moments to keep me happy in my delusional little world

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The episode was great! Daniel was wonderful! (as if anyone expected anything else)
                  Spoiler:
                  No mentioning of Vala though.

I did a recap over at the Doctor and the Wildman thread if anybody wants to read it.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Daniel%20and%20Vala/DVunending11.jpg
                    Awww! I've never seen that pic before, it looks like Sam or someone took happy snaps that Christmas.

Speaking of D/V and Christmas, I'm writing a story this year about Vala's first Christmas (set in season 10). Actually it will almost be like a companion piece I wrote a couple of years ago about Teal'c's first Christmas...

Anyway the story will start with Vala coming up to Daniel and asking him what Christmas is. Now given Daniel's background in archaeology, do you think it would be in character for him to give a secular view to what has started as a religious holiday. Because that's how I'd see him explaining it, though I'm a little uncomfortable with that stance.

What do you guys think?

And now my next wallpaper/sig set.

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Hi 'Cakes!.
                      So at long last the next chapter of 'Best'!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4323950/...t_is_Yet_to_Be

I hope the second part of this chapter will posted by the end of the weekend.
                      And for those of you who object to 'adult' scenes being interuppted((and you know who are you are)...I promise you satisfaction,lol.
                      Enjoy
                      LC
                      sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                      http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                        Awww! I've never seen that pic before, it looks like Sam or someone took happy snaps that Christmas.

Speaking of D/V and Christmas, I'm writing a story this year about Vala's first Christmas (set in season 10). Actually it will almost be like a companion piece I wrote a couple of years ago about Teal'c's first Christmas...

Anyway the story will start with Vala coming up to Daniel and asking him what Christmas is. Now given Daniel's background in archaeology, do you think it would be in character for him to give a secular view to what has started as a religious holiday. Because that's how I'd see him explaining it, though I'm a little uncomfortable with that stance.

What do you guys think?

He would explain the history and how it evolved into what it is today. He's quite likely to get a little carried away explaining all the different cultural variations on the holiday from around the world. He isn't likely to colour any of his explanations with his own views.
                        Look forward to that fic when it's done.
                        LC
                        sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                          Hi 'Cakes!.
                          So at long last the next chapter of 'Best'!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4323950/...t_is_Yet_to_Be

I hope the second part of this chapter will posted by the end of the weekend.
                          And for those of you who object to 'adult' scenes being interuppted((and you know who are you are)...I promise you satisfaction,lol.
                          Enjoy
                          LC
                          I can't think who that is, ungrateful wretch. Loved the chapter. I had a host of twizzler jokes that I'm pleased to see I didn't share. And I won't share here.

Mag I've already apologised for what was in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post

I can see him dissecting it the way an anthropologist/historian would, giving the facts of how it started and how it evolved and how it came to be what it is NOW, etc.... I don't think I'm in the camp of people who believe that he had some horrible abusive childhood - in the movie they showed a picture of him with A foster family. Now, if he's been shuffled from place to place to place Katherine might not have brought the photo because it wouldn't really have meant much to him. I think he didn't have a GREAT, normal childhood, but he probably got to celebrate Christmas, and it looked like he was enjoying it in Unending.... so maybe after he finished his clinical dissertation on the holiday he might relate some nice experience of his OWN about Christmas and why the holiday means to him what it does mean to him.... ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                              He would explain the history and how it evolved into what it is today. He's quite likely to get a little carried away explaining all the different cultural variations on the holiday from around the world. He isn't likely to colour any of his explanations with his own views.
                              Look forward to that fic when it's done.

LC
                              Exactly! I think he'd keep his own personal views separate from the "professional explanation", which he'd probably do at Mach II.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                                I can't think who that is, ungrateful wretch. Loved the chapter. I had a host of twizzler jokes that I'm pleased to see I didn't share. And I won't share here.
                                Mag I've already apologised for what was in my head.
                                LOL...okay, you now have to explain EVERYTHING I've bolded...by PM would be best as I have a hunch whatever was in your head is not suitable to the PG rating of this thread.
                                And thanks for being the very first review.
                                LC

(and I wasn't offended by your remark about another shower door....just hassling you)
                                Last edited by LC_; 27 September 2008, 06:58 AM.
                                sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Working...
                                X