Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
    And I did say that you're NOT one of the ones that I only read if I'm really desperate...your writing style doesn't make me wanna tear my hair out so I never have a problem reading what you're done.
    So you like reading my storis?

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Aw, the glory days of 10 pages a day have long since passed here on the thread unfortunately I try to keep things going but I don't want to look too obsessive just talking to myself for hours Welcome back, by the way!! It seems like forever since we talked last...on any thread

I would read your fic...but I've made it a policy of only reading one-shots. A) So that people don't get upset when I read some multi-chapter fics and not others B) Cause I have no attention span

-Stef
    Evil...you'd like my story. Just think of it as a bunch of one-shots under a single title. The chapters really have no bearing on each other, they're just the episodes rewritten. So PLEASE read 'em! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the glory days are gone? Not fun. I mean I always complained when I couldn't catch up but that's preferable to seeing this board dead...and thanks for the welcome back. It has been forever since I've been here and I'm glad to be back. *sigh* Are you telling me that when the masses saw Ark of Truth there was no 10-12 pages per day? And do you think with Continuum coming out soon that there will be rewewed interest in the thread?

And read my story Sted *poke* Please.
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
      Evil...you'd like my story. Just think of it as a bunch of one-shots under a single title. The chapters really have no bearing on each other, they're just the episodes rewritten. So PLEASE read 'em! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Hmm...I will think about it...but then it becomes a slippery slope. Cause if I read yours, then other people will be like "Dude, what the frell?! Why aren't you reading mine?" and then all hell will break lose! Yes, I have an overinflated sense of my own self-worth But I may check out at least one chapter of your fic later once I run out of vid editing fuel. Good enough?

Out of curiosity, did you post these on the D/V LJ at all?

And the glory days are gone? Not fun. I mean I always complained when I couldn't catch up but that's preferable to seeing this board dead...and thanks for the welcome back. It has been forever since I've been here and I'm glad to be back. *sigh* Are you telling me that when the masses saw Ark of Truth there was no 10-12 pages per day? And do you think with Continuum coming out soon that there will be rewewed interest in the thread?
      Um...I think maybe we hit the 5-6 page mark for AoT. The problem is that some of us had seen it sooner than others (due to illegal downloads or delayed releases in other countries). I'm not sure about Continuum. Unless they pull a scene like they did with C/S in AoT (which I don't think they did), I don't think there will be a whole lot of D/V squeeing over Continuum. Maybe some discussions though I guess we'll see though when the end of July rolls around.

And read my story Sted *poke* Please.
      I don't know who this "Sted" person is, but you should really stop poking him...unless he likes it

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
        Oh hey no problem...if you're gonna do shameless self-promotion then ya gotta do it right,lol
        And I don't see anything new from you in the K-T section...read Sherval...you gonna do the speedy wrap-up or the longer one?
        And I did say that you're NOT one of the ones that I only read if I'm really desperate...your writing style doesn't make me wanna tear my hair out so I never have a problem reading what you're done.
        LC
        With regard to The Chosen of Sherval. Don't think I'll do a sequel. It's my last fic, so it makes me feel a bit sad. I might do the odd short story but I have something else I need to get on with. Probably keep it to it's original length but I could cut it short and cannabalise a couple of chapters for short stories.

Damned with faint praise, as usual but all things considered, I think I might prefer that to your blistering and rather public honesty. I'm sorry if I insulted you by the way, the words in asterisks sounded quite cross. I was merely exercising my purple prose, I do that from time to time.

I've got today off. I should be getting dead things out of the greenhouse. I think there's a variety of creatures in there, I don't really want to meet. Surprisingly that's not galavanising me into action. Hey-ho.

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
          OT: it comes out here on Tuesday, which is two days before my birthday!!! and of course i've seen the pics, and they are sooo cool! i can't wait for the movie. (jasper is so hott in the pics<33)
          Oh totally and Edward! Its freaking Cedric Diggory! Ok I'm calm now

So CB will be at a convention with MS? Seriously where are our British fruitcakes? (aside from you Mag)

Banner by Stef
          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
            Oh totally and Edward! Its freaking Cedric Diggory! Ok I'm calm now

So CB will be at a convention with MS? Seriously where are our British fruitcakes? (aside from you Mag)
            I like listening to the news from the conventions but I'd rather poke needles in my eyes than go to one. Well, probably not quite but you get my drift. No offence to anyone that enjoys them.

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
              I like listening to the news from the conventions but I'd rather poke needles in my eyes than go to one. Well, probably not quite but you get my drift. No offence to anyone that enjoys them.

Mag
              Really? You mind my asking why? It's just such an extreme position that it makes me curious

I actually went to the Chicago Con with MS (and CS) last year and it was not at all what I expected it to be. I thought there would be like people walking around in costumes...but there were sadly only like a couple...and nothing they were just BDUs. I was also surprised at how female dominated it was. I mean, it was easily 3 to 1 female to male. But that could have just been the Con I was at...I don't know about these things in general.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'd love to go to a convention sometime but we don't really have them down here.
                Stef I absolutely adore your new banner, have you been brushed with a creative stroke?
                Last edited by CrazyLikeaFox; 05 May 2008, 04:03 AM.

Banner by Stef
                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Really? You mind my asking why? It's just such an extreme position that it makes me curious

I actually went to the Chicago Con with MS (and CS) last year and it was not at all what I expected it to be. I thought there would be like people walking around in costumes...but there were sadly only like a couple...and nothing they were just BDUs. I was also surprised at how female dominated it was. I mean, it was easily 3 to 1 female to male. But that could have just been the Con I was at...I don't know about these things in general.

-Stef
                  I like fictitious characters to remain that. I've never wanted to meet anyone I like on the screen or stage. I tend to revere the bizarre, I'd probably enjoy it more if there were people in costume, I find Trekkies rather amusing (in a nice way). As I've said before, one of my favourite films is Galaxy Quest but I really wouldn't want to find out that Stargate was real and have Ba'al appear out of a captured Al'kesh. (That might appeal to you, Stef?)

I don't take extreme positions, it's just the way I phrase things. All right then, I wouldn't part with £78 to see MS and CB in their civvies, luvvying up to each other. Although, I'd probably watch the vid on youtube. Besides it's in a hotel in Northampton.

Mag. Cleaning out the greenhouse and finding spiders. But I'm going to the pub soon to see some gadgee singing 60's music. It's a beautiful day. And I find myself not wanting to offend

Comment

I'd love to go to a convention sometime but we don't really have them down here.
                    Stef I absolutely adore your new banner, have you been brushed with a creative stroke?
                    Have I been brushed with a creative stroke? I don't know...I don't recall it happening. Although, I was hanging out with my friend the other day and for all I know she could have brushed me when I wasn't looking!

Appreciate your comment, I'm rather fond of it myself (the full version is my current LJ header too).

I like fictitious characters to remain that. I've never wanted to meet anyone I like on the screen or stage. I tend to revere the bizarre, I'd probably enjoy it more if there were people in costume, I find Trekkies rather amusing (in a nice way). As I've said before, one of my favourite films is Galaxy Quest but I really wouldn't want to find out that Stargate was real and have Ba'al appear out of a captured Al'kesh. (That might appeal to you, Stef?)

I don't take extreme positions, it's just the way I phrase things. All right then, I wouldn't part with £78 to see MS and CB in their civvies, luvvying up to each other. Although, I'd probably watch the vid on youtube. Besides it's in a hotel in Northampton.
                    LOL. Sometimes I wish I could go to one of the more outlandish/obsessive Cons just to see what people wear (I regret not going to the big SW thing they had here a couple of years ago). The only set-back is really the money. The Cons are priced rather ridiculously...unless you go to a cheaper fan-run one...but those are never near me and I've never been induced to fly somewhere to see someone on stage.

Wait, you wouldn't want to find out the whole Stargate program was real?! LOL. I wouldn't for the sheer fact that I would probably start getting paranoid about Goa'ulds in my midst...or being painfully aware that on a daily basis we could be seconds away from totally annihilation because the stargate is connected to a black hole or something I'm an obsessive fan, I'll admit that, but there are limits to my obsession. I never would have gone to last year's Con if my friend, a newly christened SG-1 (and D/V) fan, hadn't insisted that we go. But the idea of CB and MS together is mouth-watering. If she was announced at the Chicago Con...and there was promise of them sharing a stage together...I would probably go...if only for just that day (I only live 3 hours away from the hotel they hold it at).

Oh, and WOO-HOO Galaxy Quest!!

On an OT topic, anyone here read any Star Wars books lately? I stopped reading them awhile ago but I saw something on wikipedia recently that I found most disturbing...and was hoping someone could clear things up on how a character went from being a good, moral, and sensitive person to a psychotic, power-hungry, murderer...or more importantly, how they ripped off the entire Anakin Skywalker storyline...again.

-Stef
                    Last edited by Stef; 05 May 2008, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Where can I get it?
                      You can pre-order "Shell Game" directly from it's producer, Big Finish company - http://www.bigfinish.com/Stargate-SG-1

Comment

I already saw Claudia Black in her civvies face to face, 6 years ago at the Wolf Event Farscape con in UK She's so lovely and charming and wonderful human being, that I'm going to pay much more than 78 GBP to meet her again. And I DON'T live in UK, so I'm probably gonna be almost temporary bancrupt after Chevron 7 con...

Comment

Hmm...I will think about it...but then it becomes a slippery slope. Cause if I read yours, then other people will be like "Dude, what the frell?! Why aren't you reading mine?" and then all hell will break lose! Yes, I have an overinflated sense of my own self-worth But I may check out at least one chapter of your fic later once I run out of vid editing fuel. Good enough?

Out of curiosity, did you post these on the D/V LJ at all?

Um...I think maybe we hit the 5-6 page mark for AoT. The problem is that some of us had seen it sooner than others (due to illegal downloads or delayed releases in other countries). I'm not sure about Continuum. Unless they pull a scene like they did with C/S in AoT (which I don't think they did), I don't think there will be a whole lot of D/V squeeing over Continuum. Maybe some discussions though I guess we'll see though when the end of July rolls around.

I don't know who this "Sted" person is, but you should really stop poking him...unless he likes it

-Stef
                          Lol. STEF, you know who I was talking about. That was just a typo...
                          And only 5-6 pages for AoT? How sad.
                          Um- no I didn't post it at the LJ community but feel free to post the link for me. I don't use LJ at all.
                          And you're right. It can become a slippery slope but you tell them that my story is made up of one-shots under one title. Gets around that pesky rule of yours. Lol.

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                          You can pre-order "Shell Game" directly from it's producer, Big Finish company - http://www.bigfinish.com/Stargate-SG-1
                          Thanks you...but uh, the link doesn't work.
                          sigpic
                          Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                          |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Thanks you...but uh, the link doesn't work.
                            Strange... it works for me. Try direct one - http://www.bigfinish.com/13-Stargate-SG-1-Shell-Game

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
                              hey girls!
                              you know what i just read? claudia black is coming to chevron 7 in the uk in june. michael's coming too, that means d/v power live *squueeee*

Oh that is awesome!!! I wish I could afford a quick trip across the pond but the boss and the bank won't appreciate it.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

I heard about this event from a friend in NZ. I believe they are holding an event in Melborne as well as in Auckland. I heard a rumor that Michael was doing one of them. I am not sure which one.

http://www.thehubproductions.com/oct08/Home.htm

I also heard about this one.

http://www.bobw.com.au/
                                sigpic
                                Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Working...
                                X