Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
    I wish we could have had some Jack & Vala BANTER. I think they would have an interesting friendship. Daniel won't stand a chance with all of SG1 on Vala side.

Maybe that is why I have come across so much Jack/Vala fic. The Fans are coming up with stuff that TPTB didn't give us. Now I don't see them in a "relationship" either, I am just having a bit of fun with them in my latest vid.
    I didn't think you had any qualms pimping Vala with anyone, Stef. Thought the thread was getting very dull, just me saying hello on Saturday morning at 08.54 GMT. Jack and Vala get plenty of interplay in my fics, I'm very fond of a scene where Vala is trying to give back something she's acquired in Chosen of Sherval and there's a gurgling sound from Jack behind her as he tries to keep his face straight.

Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
      Maybe that is why I have come across so much Jack/Vala fic. The Fans are coming up with stuff that TPTB didn't give us. Now I don't see them in a "relationship" either, I am just having a bit of fun with them in my latest vid.
      I'm not a fan of O'Neill, so no interested in AU fics/vids at all. The "old timers" are trying to put O'Neill everywhere they can, I really hate this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
        I'm not a fan of O'Neill, so no interested in AU fics/vids at all. The "old timers" are trying to put O'Neill everywhere they can, I really hate this.
        *raises eyebrow* While I don't particularly care for Jack as a character, I personally have nothing against him dropping by every now and again Afterall, he was with the show for 8 years, it's insulting to just pretend he doesn't exist. While I like the current team (Cam, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c, and Vala), I don't see why Jack can't pop in every once in awhile and rib Daniel about Vala...or bond with Vala over their mutual fondness for messing with Daniel As long as he doesn't try stealing the show...I'm alright with him

And now I *passes out*

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've only just popped in but taking a quick skim I completely agree with you Stef. O'Neill is an integral part of what made SG1 and you can't just ignore something like that. I think he and Vala could get up to so much mischief.

BTW I adore your new banner Stef

Banner by Stef
          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
            Old timers! Old timers! I've watched Stargate since it's first blush and I like and welcome the inclusion of Cameron and Vala. But Jack is still a part of the Stargate world and has never really gone away. It doesn't have to be one or the other. As long as Cameron and Vala are part of the gang, I don't mind Jack coming back. And I think Jack and Sam should tie the knot before they end up pitching woo in bathchairs.

Creaking off to write my fic. Old timers, well really!

Mag.

Comment

Well I'm only 18 and I've watched it from almost the beginning so don't feel old Mag

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                Well I'm only 18 and I've watched it from almost the beginning so don't feel old Mag
                Thank you for those kind words, Cat. Can't spend much time off the respirator ---- pant, pant. I do agree with Lady in Red partially, I don't want to see Cam or Vala sidelined because Jack's back on the scene.

Mag

Comment

Oh that is my one big fear for the next movie. I mean I am a Jack fan but I swear if they turn it into old SG1 without any respect to the new developments over the past two seasons I will scream.

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                    Oh that is my one big fear for the next movie. I mean I am a Jack fan but I swear if they turn it into old SG1 without any respect to the new developments over the past two seasons I will scream.
                    I think Continuum will be hard to judge re this as CB doesn't seem to have been too well and MS was working on something so his role was cut back. They are trying to cultivate the old timers and AOT was new bunch, they'll be looking to see how Cotinuum fares in comparison.

Hmmm, some things could have done with being sidelined:

Spoiler:
                    I could do without the Ba'al/Qetesh party but I suppose that was inevitable. I only hope we get some Daniel reaction. This has to push all his buttons, doesn't it? I mean it's hard to believe all his feelings in Unending were manifested in the space of 12 weeks, we have good grounds for believing that Daniel really cares for Vala, and seeing her in the same position as Sha're, recaptured by the goa'uld and being pawed by Ba'al must evoke something.

Mag.

Comment

We're shippers Mag we are all bound to find something With that I bid you all goodnight

Banner by Stef
                      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Hello fruitcakes...it's been a while...

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                        Old timers! Old timers! I've watched Stargate since it's first blush and I like and welcome the inclusion of Cameron and Vala. But Jack is still a part of the Stargate world and has never really gone away. It doesn't have to be one or the other. As long as Cameron and Vala are part of the gang, I don't mind Jack coming back.

Mag.
                        Yep...I agree with you completely. Love Jack, he's definitely an integral piece, but not at the expense of my BB and CB affections. There needs to be equal representations, at least in thought, reference, and consideration, if not screen time. I don't think that will be an issue with BB. I'm sure he's got a high minute count in Continuum. But with CB...I'm a little worried.

Spoiler:
                        I could do without the Ba'al/Qetesh party but I suppose that was inevitable. I only hope we get some Daniel reaction. This has to push all his buttons, doesn't it? I mean it's hard to believe all his feelings in Unending were manifested in the space of 12 weeks, we have good grounds for believing that Daniel really cares for Vala, and seeing her in the same position as Sha're, recaptured by the goa'uld and being pawed by Ba'al must evoke something.

Mag.
                        Yep...completely agree here too Mag.

Spoiler:
                        I want me some HUGE Daniel concern. I want to be able to read every subtle expression on his face and evaluate his every tone as being the man that cares for her SO deeply, but that His position and the circumstances don't allow for it. Okay...well it doesn't need to be that dramatic. But I definitely want to be able to read more in his expression than anyone else.

And the Ba'al/Qetesh stuff?...well it is what it is. I think it will be fun and interesting in the least. Even if the idea doesn't get me in squeee or AU shippy mode.

~My FanFiction~

Comment

I think Continuum will be hard to judge re this as CB doesn't seem to have been too well and MS was working on something so his role was cut back. They are trying to cultivate the old timers and AOT was new bunch, they'll be looking to see how Cotinuum fares in comparison.

Spoiler:

Mag.
                          MS role wasn't cut back, just his Artic scene, and I agree with you about Ba'al/Quetesh, I don't care of them, I care for Vala and Daniel and Jack and Teal'c and even Cam but certainly not for B/Q. Sorry to Ba'al fans I like him but no B/Q.
                          However I came here just to say.....

RinggoldGate

sigpic
                          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                            *raises eyebrow* While I don't particularly care for Jack as a character, I personally have nothing against him dropping by every now and again Afterall, he was with the show for 8 years, it's insulting to just pretend he doesn't exist. While I like the current team (Cam, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c, and Vala), I don't see why Jack can't pop in every once in awhile and rib Daniel about Vala...or bond with Vala over their mutual fondness for messing with Daniel As long as he doesn't try stealing the show...I'm alright with him

And now I *passes out*

-Stef
                            Stef, that's my exact feeling about Jack as well. and i LOVE your new BSG siggie, i can't wait for the show to start next week

Spoiler:
                            and the B/Q romance??????? *shudders* this is just me, but i find it kind of disturbing.
                            Last edited by StargateHERO; 29 March 2008, 08:08 AM.
                            thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!!

thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                                Stef, that's my exact feeling about Jack as well. and i LOVE your new BSG siggie, i can't wait for the show to start next week

Spoiler:
                                and the B/Q romance??????? *shudders* this is just me, but i find it kind of disturbing.
                                No, it's not just you
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Working...
                                X