Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I like the part in AoT when they are all in the room and Adria appears, then daniel and Vala look at each other.

~Sig by the wonderful ElephantGirl~ FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
      Oh dear I think that was me, Maeve. *bites lip*

Well, it was on FF.net, Cat, but I had a bout of insanity or low self-esteem or whatever and I...I...*shakes head* I deleted it from FF.

However, I was not able to kill it completely. *blushes* "Definitely Not in Kansas Anymore" still exists on my LJ and I think the first 4 chapters (of 7) are on alldanielfic.com (penname Erin). I really am sorry for deleting it from FF.net, I was just feeling a lot of pressure to keep updating and finish it, and I sorta hit a brick wall. I'm still working on it slowly and when I've got it finished, I'll definitely put it back up.

~Erin
      It's fine that you're not done. I was just enjoying the story and curious what had happened to it. So I went looking.=)
      sigpic
      thanks Stef
      Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
        EDIT: Walter!! Darryl!! I haven't seen you guys around here in ages!! Come out and celebrate with us!
        There i was trying to be all sneaky, and you go and ruin all my fun.

Yay for 39k!
        -marble

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
          Spoiler:

I never noticed the tear in Vala's eye before.
          YEAH! that one

Comment

great vids

Comment

Originally posted by marbleC View Post
              There i was trying to be all sneaky, and you go and ruin all my fun.

Yay for 39k!
              Tsk tsk tsk You can't escape the Official Thread Badgerer I was equipped with a Cake-dar upon initiation

Have you seen AoT yet??
              ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                Have you really had a dust up with a mod. I got told off once, I know that will surprise you. If they ban you can't you come back as Stef 2 or some such like. Hopefully, it wont come to that. Did you say something really bad? Suppose, I shouldn't ask that in case you get double-bolted.
                I'd already apologised before I got the bolt of lightening.
                Well, dust-up in the sense that I was upset by his/her actions and let the person have what I thought of the whole situation. Who knew I could be so chatty when I get going....except for you guys of course...and anyone else who knows me moderately well

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                Stef? Hun, what time were you up til last night? You were posting at 4 am!!! Please tell me you got some sleep! (but i love pulling GW all-nighters too, can't blame ya)
                Um....I prefer to not answer that

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                Re: Season 11, stuck and very frustrated. Got to the meebo thing and it won't let me into the chatroom. I can create a new site but not get into the other sites bit.
                Ah, well, maybe not to be.
                Sorry, do you need me to send the e-mail again? I know you said you couldn't access your mail...and I wrote out instructions for getting into the site on there. Granted, that doesn't negate the fact that the site may prove confusing at first.

I'm practicing my glares in front of the mirror if that helps And I'm writing witty but biting retorts on cue cards for easy access should the need arise
                That does indeed help. It's a comfort to know that if ever I'm in need, I've got someone who's willing to stand beside me and glare her little heart out.

-Stef
                Last edited by Stef; 20 March 2008, 09:53 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

For me: it's the banter, especially how it's evolved in AoT
                  Spoiler:
                  to friendly, easy, non-frustrated but more understanding banter

and the looks too, all the D/V eye-sex, though other ships might have this too...hmmm...what else...the kisses? We got a couple of super-hot kisses between our lovely Daniel and Vala, and I absolutely love that they weren't affected by timelines too much, or alternate realities, or weird physiological affects...just our lovely Daniel and Vala and all their normal, everyday issues and insecurities

Well, okay, but first and foremost, it's the banter, I guess.

How 'bout you all? Why do you love D/V?

~Erin
                  For everything you just said? LOL. Actually, I think AoT epitomizes part of what I love about them....their banter. I adored it in S9 and was sad to see it scaled back a bit in S10 (even if it needed to be in order for them to form a friendship). I think it's like MS said in a behind-the-scenes thing, that underneath all of that witty banter and antagonism, you really see that these two people care about each other and there's a depth of emotion there.

Conceptually, they shouldn't work as well as they do. I mean, Daniel tends to go for sweet girls...but Vala most certainly is not sweet. Good-hearted, sure. But perhaps that's what works so well, that this is kind of the reverse of the usual roles (sweet girl tries to change/reform bad boy). I think Vala breathes life into Daniel in a way that no other character can...and I think we see a more vulnerable side to Vala when she's with Daniel that nobody else is ever really able to bring out. That's what I've always loved about my favorite ships, that they balance each other out. That they bring out something good in the other person that nobody else can.

Originally posted by sg1cat View Post
                  Oooh, oooh, I'm really good at these things. Okay, let's see...let's start with the left side of the screen and work our way to the right. You can't afford to leave any spot unturned people, or else you'll never find Waldo! Trust the expert on this I'm sure I'll be able to find him within the hour!!

Ooooh, is this All We Are by OneRepublic???

EDIT: Shnazzilicious!!! It so is by OR!!! I haven't heard this version yet, sweet!
                  But Milena, sweety, honey, babydoll, you HAVE heard this version of the song before in one of my unfinished vids *blinks sweetly*
                  *giggles* Shnazzilicious?? ...uh, I'm not gonna touch that one, I'm sure Stef will comment on it later when she drops by
                  What? Me? Forcing me to do the dirty work, aye? Alright, well...*rolls up sleeves*

Nope, I've got nothing. I'm just going to let that one sit and age a little before I touch it.

-Stef
                  Last edited by Stef; 20 March 2008, 11:19 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Tsk tsk tsk You can't escape the Official Thread Badgerer I was equipped with a Cake-dar upon initiation

Have you seen AoT yet??
                    Yup.
                    -marble

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      That does indeed help. It's a comfort to know that if ever I'm in need, I've got someone who's willing to stand beside me and glare her little heart out.
                      Just say when and where LaserBoy from X-Men ain't got nuthin' on me!

Oooh, oooh, I'm really good at these things. Okay, let's see...let's start with the left side of the screen and work our way to the right. You can't afford to leave any spot unturned people, or else you'll never find Waldo! Trust the expert on this I'm sure I'll be able to find him within the hour!!
                      Dude! I was drinking! And then I was reading! And there was a flash flood of diet coke over my keyboard!

But Gab, sweety, honey, babydoll, you HAVE heard this version of the song before in one of my unfinished vids *blinks sweetly*
                      Steffy, hayeti, sweetcheeks, cupcake: nuh uh! It's a slightly different version, less accompaniement. Your's is better, of course The visual parts too

What? Me? Forcing me to do the dirty work, aye? Alright, well...*rolls up sleeves*

Nope, I've got nothing. I'm just going to let that one sit and age a little before I touch it.
                      It's better that way. The longer you know me, the better you can fully appreciate me Like a good French wine

Originally posted by marbleC View Post
                      Yup.
                      LoL, well I can tell from your description that you were simply blown away

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

OMG!!!!!

YT vid called "Stargate Theme (with lyrics)"!!!

The Description: "Sung by Joe Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, and Peter DeLuise."

I DARE you not to laugh your butt off!!!

LYRICS:
                        Spoiler:

Stargate, it's a great big whirl with a great big swirl and you step inside to another world.
                        We're talking Stargate, it's a crazy trip, you can go quite far and you don't need a car or even a ship.
                        There's Colonel O'Neill and Carter and Daniel and Teal'c.
                        Look out for that Gogogogogo-gogogogoa'Uld!
                        Last edited by Milena_D; 20 March 2008, 10:53 PM.

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Dude! I was drinking! And then I was reading! And there was a flash flood of diet coke over my keyboard!
                          Mission. Accomplished.

Steffy, hayeti, sweetcheeks, cupcake: nuh uh! It's a slightly different version, less accompaniement. Your's is better, of course The visual parts too
                          Milena, lovey, bubala...you're wrong. It's okay. Don't feel bad about it, it's okay to be wrong sometimes, darling!

It's better that way. The longer you know me, the better you can fully appreciate me Like a good French wine
                          I don't like wine.

-Stef
                          Last edited by Stef; 20 March 2008, 11:18 PM.

Comment

OMG!!!!!

YT vid called "Stargate Theme (with lyrics)"!!!

The Description: "Sung by Joe Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, and Peter DeLuise."

I DARE you not to laugh your butt off!!!

You dared me, and I lost. That was most certainly a good laugh

-Stef

Comment

Gab, lovey, bubala...you're wrong. It's okay. Don't feel bad about it, it's okay to be wrong sometimes, darling!
                              Steffy, duckling, button, pooky...I'm so not! I saw the title, got excited cuz I like the song, watched the vid and then went "hoooold up...this ain't right"...cuz I talk like a cowgirl in my head and then I had the urge to listen to the version I'm used to but I haven't yet I think the fact that you don't realize it's a different version is a definite sign that you haven't touched that vid in too long

I don't like wine.
                              Cheese then. Don't you like Gouda, Stef?? Cat and I do

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

You dared me, and I lost. That was most certainly a good laugh
                                Is your keyboard covered in soda?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Working...
                                X