Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all.... Boy.... Kinda slow today

*grumbles* damned photobucket... makin me have to use imageshack instead *continues to grumble*

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
      Can see your point Stef, I think I'm glad they haven't gone down the route we already discussed.
      Spoiler:
      I think Woolsey will come in with some sort of mandate. How they'll play that, I don't really know. When I first saw him mentioned as a candidate, I thought it was a bit like putting Scooby Doo up for President. I'm still half thinking it will be a spoof but it would create a very different
      dynamic.

Hi Gioia, how are you doing.

Mag.
      They should have just come to me, I could have given them plenty of better candidates, behold:

Spoiler:
      Hathor (did we ever really see her dead body?!)
      --She has years of experience as a leader
      --She's charismatic and inspires loyalty in her subordinates
      --She's creative when coming up with solutions

Tomin
      --He has experience leading armies into battle
      --He understands the dangers of power so no worries about corruption
      --He's extremely devoted to his causes

Chaya
      --She has the wisdom of Ascended beings
      --She's spent hundreds of years protecting her people
      --We know John already likes her

Lucius
      --He has a wide range of experience as a leader
      --He's willing to employ unconventional methods to achieve his goals
      --He's a charismatic and well-loved hero among his peoples

See? Any one of those would have made a excellent choice.

Which banner did you like, gioia? I have so many Speaking of, I need to make a new D/V one!!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
        Ren Baby!!!! I hope you feeling better. So wish your headaches are gone. Mom wants her baby to feel great.
        I love both of those songs.. "Wonderland ", I'm not sure if I like the viewpoint of the video. They did it as a D/V couple video but I wonder how it would do as a Vala Admiration video. I really see the song as a statement of admiration and .....lust.
        "Ain't no Other Man", I'll always love the Daniel wiggle.

You missed Cat. I know she will hatet that. Cat and I have missed you.
        *grin*
        I'm feeling pretty good today, here's hoping the headaches stay away for a while. Yep, the POV was a little off on the "Wonderland" vid, a few of the clips didn't fit quite perfectly. Heh, yeah definitely not a song to listen to with little kids around xD
        I love the Daniel wiggle..

Cat and I really have to work on this missing each other thing, a couple weeks ago we were almost always on at the same times..

Yippee!!! Another new Daniel and Vala Video. Ren, this is a great song. "These twists and turns of fate". So cool and D/V.
        Ren look, another U2 lover. Isa, what a great song.
        It's definitely a song I really like for them, I really like that video and some of the little effects were quite nice for it

*high fives* U2! Isa!
        ^^

Originally posted by fluffypigeon View Post
        Ren! Loved this vid Thanks for the Rec!
        *g* I was really excited about finding that one. I have to remember to pay more attention to Youtube lol.

Vids:

Trouble is one of my favorite vids, it's got a high energy song and really great clips. It definitely catches that season 9 vibe nicely.
        My one complaint is the blurry watercolor/lineart thing during some of the transitions, it always makes me rub my eyes as if to make sure they're not going out on me. But it doesn't bother me all that much, it's definitely a favorite vid.

What About Now. What can I possibly say about this vid that hasn't been said already? It's perfectly awesome. The clips fit the song exactly and it's one of those songs that I always think about as "theirs".
        I'm pretty sure this must be one of the first vids I saw, I'll have to go back and check the thread though..

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
        RENNY!!! So awesome that you are back Weird that messages weren't getting through hopefully we can find each other sometime soon.
        *hugs*
        MSN alternately likes/hates me. Very much like WMM, coincidentally. (or not, because Windows is evil after all )

Originally posted by Kales View Post
        Tags for length and inanity of the pic run.
        Spoiler:

Vala: So the thread is quite quiet.
        Daniel: Maybe Kay should go do some uni work.

Vala: Yes, I rather thought it would get that reaction.
        Daniel: *mumbling* but it's boring. You know what it is.

Vala: Ah. Now I remember. I'm going to be over here, pretending to sleep.

Daniel: I know it's a sneaky plan, but I kinda like it.

Sam: That's really not the answer, you know. Even post-modern literature isn't going to just go away.
        Daniel: *hangs head in shame*

Vala: Sam? See what you did? I hope you're happy now.

Cam: Right. Stop distracting her. *pulls away*

Daniel: Cam, that's just mean. It's our duty to save her! It doesn't matter that it's a paper, not an evil false god, we still have to try! What does it make us if we don't?

Vala: *whispers*

Vala: Busy?
        Daniel: I'd go for that.
        I love the way your mind works

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post

Oh, I love Sangria. You can buy the best cheap Sangria in Caracas.

Oh and the reason I'm snuck in:

A late (LATE) bday present fic for Stef, which she has NOT been waiting for (well she shouldn't have been, considering she didn't know I was writing it ), over at my LJ: Five Times Cameron Mitchell catches Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran making out
        *pumps fist in air*
        YES! Isa!fic!
        Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
          Lol, yeah, long live DeVilish!!

Mag. I'm doing well. Preparing to go to bed soon How you doing??

Stef, btw, I liked your sig.
          I've been trying to get the banner fluffy did for me and I didn't get past the first hurdle, it wasn't nearly as easy as spoilers and smileys.

I'm in bed already, mostly because I'm writing and it's comfortable. It's ten in the UK and today's been sunshine and showers and I finished work late.

Not that I'm whining or anything.

Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

Which banner did you like, gioia? I have so many Speaking of, I need to make a new D/V one!!

-Stef
            the one with Ronon. He looks hot there!
            sigpic
            Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
              I've been trying to get the banner fluffy did for me and I didn't get past the first hurdle, it wasn't nearly as easy as spoilers and smileys.

I'm in bed already, mostly because I'm writing and it's comfortable. It's ten in the UK and today's been sunshine and showers and I finished work late.

Not that I'm whining or anything.

Mag.
              Lol, I'm also in bed already though not sleeping and it's already past the midnight. Currently I'm listenning Interpol. Love that band so much.

What are you writing? Looking for the love..?
              sigpic
              Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                What About Now. What can I possibly say about this vid that hasn't been said already? It's perfectly awesome. The clips fit the song exactly and it's one of those songs that I always think about as "theirs".

I'm pretty sure this must be one of the first vids I saw, I'll have to go back and check the thread though..
                Ooh, interesting (and I am so not just reposting this to pimp myself ). I wonder, what are the first D/V vids everyone saw? I'm trying to remember....

...might have been Over My Head. Maybe....so many videos! But it was right around the time MM came out I'm sure. Whatever was out by then.

*hugs*
                MSN alternately likes/hates me. Very much like WMM, coincidentally. (or not, because Windows is evil after all )
                Noooo. You just have to treat them with love and affection. I truly believe that WMM is a learning tool, meant to teach you patience. I have mastered it and now nothing it does gets me that stressed out anymore

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

And with this last post, I wish you all fruitckas good nights, days, noons whatever!!!

See y*all later!!
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Comment

Okay, just wanted to try this, a Blast from the (not so) Recent Past.
                    Taken from Pages 761-763, August 17, 2007.
                    These were the first vids I saw, not surprisingly courtesy of one of Susan's vid recs

Just found the link for Stef's video I keep thinking about tonight. I have it downloaded but was looking in the wrong place on her video page. It is listed under Vala, not Daniel and Vala, since it is Vala centered.
                    Yes, This is one of my Favorite Videos. I love how the music builds to the Unending Kiss.

And here are mom and sis, trying to break me out of my lurkish tendencies. Apparently it worked pretty well.
                    *dabs eyes and sniffles*
                    It doesn't seem that long ago..
                    Welcome Odakota_Rose.
                    Jump in when you want. I lurked for over a year but now I am having so much fun. I strongly recommend it.
                    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z.../s9e2_2954.jpg
                    Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                    Yeah Odakota Rose we're friendly honest

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled programming, Fruitcakes.

sigpic
                    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Stef: if WMM is a tool for teaching patience, then it's a lesson I'll never learn Patience, alas, is not a virtue I posess...

moviemaker STILL annoys me. Though I don't particularly like Ulead or Sony Vegas... even for stuff that isn't hours long (as neither cut things into clips, as far as I can tell)... tried using both with my video game tributes, since all the scenes were fairly short, not cutting into seperate clips wasn't a problem... didn't like the way either worked... so I'll stick with the highly annoying movie maker

Comment

Ooh, interesting (and I am so not just reposting this to pimp myself ). I wonder, what are the first D/V vids everyone saw? I'm trying to remember....

...might have been Over My Head. Maybe....so many videos! But it was right around the time MM came out I'm sure. Whatever was out by then.

Noooo. You just have to treat them with love and affection. I truly believe that WMM is a learning tool, meant to teach you patience. I have mastered it and now nothing it does gets me that stressed out anymore

-Stef
                        *gigglesnort*
                        I don't know why
                        'sides, I just did plenty of pimping for you

And if WMM is a tool to teach patience, then uh.. I think the tool might be a little busted.

sigpic
                        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                          Lol, I'm also in bed already though not sleeping and it's already past the midnight. Currently I'm listenning Interpol. Love that band so much.

What are you writing? Looking for the love..?
                          No, the Chosen of Sherval. They kind of take turns. I like what I've seen of Interpol, I think they were on the Reading Festival a year or so back.

Goodnight, Gioia.

Comment

And if WMM is a tool to teach patience, then uh.. I think the tool might be a little busted.
                            Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
                            Stef: if WMM is a tool for teaching patience, then it's a lesson I'll never learn Patience, alas, is not a virtue I posess...

moviemaker STILL annoys me. Though I don't particularly like Ulead or Sony Vegas... even for stuff that isn't hours long (as neither cut things into clips, as far as I can tell)... tried using both with my video game tributes, since all the scenes were fairly short, not cutting into seperate clips wasn't a problem... didn't like the way either worked... so I'll stick with the highly annoying movie maker
                            As the wise master Yoda once said, "Patience. You must learn patience!" Or was it "control"? Regardless...you must learn...it...something....there. Huh?

Oh, trust me, if there were another program that didn't give me a headache I would use it. But alas, there is not. So I stick with my quirky little WMM...awaiting the day when I can send it out to pasture.

Okay, just wanted to try this, a Blast from the (not so) Recent Past.
                            Taken from Pages 761-763, August 17, 2007.
                            These were the first vids I saw, not surprisingly courtesy of one of Susan's vid recs
                            Interesting...I should go back and see if I can find my first post about a vid

-Stef

Comment

I don't know if this is the first vid I ever saw, but it's the first one I ever commented on in the thread. So take a moment and journey back with me to page 234...

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
                              My First Music Video!

So please be kind!

Title:By Your Side
                              Music: There You'll Be - Faith Hill
                              Spoilers: Up to Memento Mori
                              Download: 13MB version here or 25 MB here

Or just run on over to Youtube and watch it live.

This is a trip down memory lane... and hopefully shows how much they mean to one another!

Many thanks to SG-Daniel, Gate Warrior and Hastie for all their help!

Enjoy!

Comments are greatly appriciated. Good or bad
                              Wow, if that's your first video attempt, I can't wait to see what you come up with after you've been doing it for awhile. I'm usually more for the light-hearted songs when it comes to D/V but I really enjoyed the way the song fit with the clips. Very well done.
                              Clearly I got over my preference for only light-hearted D/V vids

-Stef

Comment

As the wise master Yoda once said, "Patience. You must learn patience!" Or was it "control"? Regardless...you must learn...it...something....there. Huh?

Oh, trust me, if there were another program that didn't give me a headache I would use it. But alas, there is not. So I stick with my quirky little WMM...awaiting the day when I can send it out to pasture.

Interesting...I should go back and see if I can find my first post about a vid

-Stef
                                Patience? Blech. You need to learn something there, but actually the control might be more a part of it.
                                (Ie. self-control so you don't smash WMM with a rock every time it acts up.)

I'm sure there are other programs, but.. I'm far too cheap to investigate them!

I don't know if this is the first vid I ever saw, but it's the first one I ever commented on in the thread. So take a moment and journey back with me to page 234...

Clearly I got over my preference for only light-hearted D/V vids

-Stef
                                *snort*
                                Yeah no kidding. How many vids of yours have made me cry now? I'm simply losing count.

sigpic
                                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Working...
                                X