No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nat, I don't want to disturb you. French hw is very important. But I did want to say. These are lovely. Can't wait to see more of it. *g*

Originally posted by natalia View Post
    geesh where'd everybody go?

Okay well i've been working on this fic for about 3 hours now. well it's actually going to be a triology. the titles are working titles right now nothing final and i'll give you a little rough blip from each one.

Wandering Soul: Lost in Shadows
    Spoiler:
    Vala awoke with a start in the dim back room of Sol’s Diner. The only light in the room was the flickering bluish glow of the televsion, which showed Mulder and Scully attempting to solve yet another entirely inaccurate alien mystery. Inaccurate? how did she know that? She shook her head quickly from side to side as her breathing evened out. She shifted on the small cot, lowering her head back down onto the thin pillow. She tried to focus on the dream she’d just had. Ever since she’d arrived at the diner, confused and alone, she had often dreamt of things she didn’t understand. Things from her life before perhaps, but they were frequently terrifying and hallucinations of these horrible images plagued her during the day. It was these memories that she shared with Sal, and he comforted her as best he could, in a fatherly sort of way. However, these horrific images of torture and pain weren’t the only dreams she had. Sometimes her dreams seemed to be from another life entirely. These she kept to herself. Alone, curled up in her Sol’s Diner T-shirt and pajama bottoms she shut her eyes tightly, focusing, trying as she always did, picture clearly the man she had dreamt about.

Wandering Soul: Love Will Find You
    Spoiler:
    Vala looked up at Daniel, the tears that had been threatening to fall earlier now lay as glimmering streaks on her pale face. “Home?” she asked, her voice still quivering but hopeful. She still didn’t know where home was, but she hoped it wasn’t far from where she stood now. In Daniel’s arms she felt comfortable. Finally. Leaning against him, she experienced something she couldn’t remember truly feeling anywhere else. Contentment. Safety. “Home” he replied with a warm smile. “with me – er with us” he added quickly nodding his head towards the rest of SG-1 who stood behind Vala. They were unsuccessfully attempting to blend into the concrete floor of the warehouse in an effort to give their two friends some privacy. She nodded slowly. Suddenly, the fatigue that Vala had been thwarting throughout the day finally caught up to her. She was weak in Daniel's arms, as if she might collapse without his support. She put her head back onto Daniel’s shoulder her nose brushing his neck and she sighed lightly. “Can you walk?” he whispered quietly, his breath tickling her ear. She didn’t answer but it was at this point that her knees finally gave out. Without a second thought Daniel scooped her gently into his arms. Vala sighed again, a sigh of contentment, and drifted into a calm sleep, her head resting on Daniel’s shoulder. Daniel headed for the car. After exchanging knowing glances the other three members of the team followed quietly.

Wandering Soul: The Path is Long
    Spoiler:
    Vala looked around the room – her room she reminded herself – and tried to remember more about her time here. Going with the team tonight to the restaurant Cam had suggested had helped her regain much of her memory. She was happy to celebrate her acceptance onto SG-1 but as the night wore on more and more of her life began to surface in her mind, bits and pieces floating to the surface. She had mentioned it to both Sam and Daniel. They seemed very happy. However Vala wasn’t sure whether she was glad or not. Her memories of Quetesh had struck her suddenly during the meal and she had been forced to excuse herself to the washroom for a time, overwhelmed. Her friends had shot worried glances after her but still felt that it was best she remembered. Memories of the other pieces of her life, like those of Tomin crept in more slowly, wisps of memory slowly forming into a whole. His presence as well existence of Adria and the Ori clawed at her mind now. While it may have been frightening not knowing anything about her past while she was working at the diner, her life had been simple and manageable. Her real life shocked her now, and as she had said to the detective at the police station that afternoon, she was no longer sure she wanted to know everything about herself.

okay that's what i've got for now. I'm going to hit the hay but i'll hopefully be back tomorrow if not thursday!

ciao fruitcakes!

Nat

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Was watching "Bones" first season (never seen it before...LOVE it now! Plus: women can actually have strong female relationships not based around men?? Who knew?!) and I heard this song and was like "that reminds me of D/V" and lo and behold, it was made into a Daniel/Vala/Cam video. I think it's such a beautiful, sad song...and this really is a beautiful sad video. If you haven't seen it, take a gander.

Now I'm off to watch the rest of the season...and then move onto season 2 (I want a man like Boothe...why isn't that possible?)

-Stef
      The vid was lovely, I have a kink for the Farscape/SG-1 vid manipulations. Why? *shrug* But seriously, lovely. *huggles* The helmet removal clips made me grin so WIDE.

Spoiler:
      Though, I had to keep reminding myself, "It's meant to be Cam and Vala!" at times. Still J/A are love and
      I could so see something AU playing out like that. Oh Daniel. Oh Vala. Oh Cam. Oh BRAIN.

Bones is awesome! Who doesn't want a Booth!!??? *steals* And seriously I now feel the NEED to buy the first two seasons.
      banner by Stef

Comment

Hey Kris!! Nat's being a busy little bee but she's so cracking out the great fan fic. I'm impressed.

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
          Guys you're not going to be believe this. I the most unartistic person I have ever known have created a wallpaper. Its my first so not fantastic but thought that I would share.

Spoiler:
          *squee* I love that! *gleefully snurches*
          Tis pretty! And my favorite scene xD

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
          Ren, you have to see what the family was up to tonight. We missed you. Cat and I were learning about Wallpapers, banners, and avatars. Check out your sisters WP. and my banner. It is so much harder then it looks. RAtio, size, etc. Too much information to learn in one night.

Cat I am using this Wallpaper now. It is great.

Hey Kath, I am not suppose to be up when you are up. Now I know it is late. Later girl. I'm off to bed. I have to be up in 2 hours. Goodnight.

Susan
          I'm off for one night and you two go and get all artistic without me? *hugglepokes family*

Ooh, that's really pretty mom, nice job!

*g* Yeah, it is a lot of information to take in at a time, back when I first started playing around with photos it was nearly enough to give me a migraine..

And wow, Mom and Cat, you two are going to turn into day crew if you keep this up.
          (wait, what am I saying, it's just after 8 here..)

EDIT: We're on at the same time two and three times in the same week Cat? It's the end of the world! Time to evacuate to the alpha site....

EDIT2: *is vastly amused by post count of 1234*
          Last edited by Odakota_Rose; 09 January 2008, 07:23 AM.
          Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Hey Kris!! Nat's being a busy little bee but she's so cracking out the great fan fic. I'm impressed.
            Hi, Cat!

She is. Nat's just awesome.

Have you been making wallpapers, Cat?! I like! It's fun to play with, isn't it? I play too. I made this little ditty a ways back.

Spoiler:

Hi, Ren!
            Last edited by fluffypigeon; 09 January 2008, 07:53 AM.

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Hey Kris!

I like that, it's such a cute shot. I love how well that entire cast gets along.

Oops..
              Er.. I've gotta run, my mother's getting a bit antsy, heh.
              I'll be back in a couple hours I think..
              Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                *squee* I love that! *gleefully snurches*
                Tis pretty! And my favorite scene xD

I'm off for one night and you two go and get all artistic without me? *hugglepokes family*

Ooh, that's really pretty mom, nice job!

*g* Yeah, it is a lot of information to take in at a time, back when I first started playing around with photos it was nearly enough to give me a migraine..

And wow, Mom and Cat, you two are going to turn into day crew if you keep this up.
                (wait, what am I saying, it's just after 8 here..)

EDIT: We're on at the same time two and three times in the same week Cat? It's the end of the world! Time to evacuate to the alpha site....

EDIT2: *is vastly amused by post count of 1234*

Already on it and am now working on the beta site Renny. Glad you like wallpaper and both scenes in it Yeah me and Mum got way creative.

EDIT: Awesome WP Kris and I love your banners

Banner by Stef
                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

EDIT: Awesome WP Kris and I love your banners
                  Thanks! It's just me fiddling Seeing you guys fiddle too inspires me to want to do more

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                    *waves at thread* The last day of the The Mama. A strange mix of and also: I. Need. Coffee. And (Kath should love this) I'm downloading Abba because Mamma Mia rocked and my love for 70's/early 80's disco-y pop has been revitalised.

On and this one is one of the "Vala/DV" songs (sad though)
                    Cheesy music FTW!!!

I am very random. It's a way of life.

And for another song. Mamma Mia, which would be a very fun romantic Devilish song. It's sung by a girl, but the lyrics apply to both Daniel and Vala in some parts.
                    Spoiler:

"Mamma Mia"

I've been cheated by you since I don't know when
                    So I made up my mind, it must come to an end
                    Look at me now, will I ever learn?
                    I don't know how but I suddenly lose control
                    There's a fire within my soul
                    Just one look and I can hear a bell ring
                    One more look and I forget everything, w-o-o-o-oh

Mamma mia, here I go again
                    My my, how can I resist you?
                    Mamma mia, does it show again?
                    My my, just how much I've missed you
                    Yes, I've been brokenhearted
                    Blue since the day we parted
                    Why, why did I ever let you go?
                    Mamma mia, now I really know,
                    My my, I could never let you go.

I've been angry and sad about things that you do
                    I can't count all the times that I've told you we're through
                    And when you go, when you slam the door
                    I think you know that you won't be away too long
                    You know that I'm not that strong.
                    Just one look and I can hear a bell ring
                    One more look and I forget everything, w-o-o-o-oh

Why, why did I ever let you go?
                    Mamma mia, even if I say
                    Bye bye, leave me now or never
                    mamma mia, it's a game we play
                    Bye bye doesn't mean forever

Why, why did I ever let you go
                    Mamma mia, now I really know
                    My my, I could never let you go

EDIT: Here's the ABBA version of the song.

oh and Kath! Fernando!
                    Ah Frida, what would I do without you?
                    sigpic
                    Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

dropping off some pics...

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                        dropping off some pics...
                        Oooo...pretty. Thanks!

~My FanFiction~

Comment

We love inspiring and we love the pics I'm off before I fall asleep at my keyboard night all

Banner by Stef
                          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

We love inspiring and we love the pics I'm off before I fall asleep at my keyboard night all
                            Nite, Cat

I'm off to. Must focus on ficcing.

~My FanFiction~

Comment

I'm not digging my nails into my arm to stay awake in my anthro class...I'm not *sleeps*

Originally posted by natalia View Post
                              geesh where'd everybody go?

Okay well i've been working on this fic for about 3 hours now. well it's actually going to be a triology. the titles are working titles right now nothing final and i'll give you a little rough blip from each one.

Wandering Soul: Lost in Shadows
                              Spoiler:
                              Vala awoke with a start in the dim back room of Sol’s Diner. The only light in the room was the flickering bluish glow of the televsion, which showed Mulder and Scully attempting to solve yet another entirely inaccurate alien mystery. Inaccurate? how did she know that? She shook her head quickly from side to side as her breathing evened out. She shifted on the small cot, lowering her head back down onto the thin pillow. She tried to focus on the dream she’d just had. Ever since she’d arrived at the diner, confused and alone, she had often dreamt of things she didn’t understand. Things from her life before perhaps, but they were frequently terrifying and hallucinations of these horrible images plagued her during the day. It was these memories that she shared with Sal, and he comforted her as best he could, in a fatherly sort of way. However, these horrific images of torture and pain weren’t the only dreams she had. Sometimes her dreams seemed to be from another life entirely. These she kept to herself. Alone, curled up in her Sol’s Diner T-shirt and pajama bottoms she shut her eyes tightly, focusing, trying as she always did, picture clearly the man she had dreamt about.

Wandering Soul: Love Will Find You
                              Spoiler:
                              Vala looked up at Daniel, the tears that had been threatening to fall earlier now lay as glimmering streaks on her pale face. “Home?” she asked, her voice still quivering but hopeful. She still didn’t know where home was, but she hoped it wasn’t far from where she stood now. In Daniel’s arms she felt comfortable. Finally. Leaning against him, she experienced something she couldn’t remember truly feeling anywhere else. Contentment. Safety. “Home” he replied with a warm smile. “with me – er with us” he added quickly nodding his head towards the rest of SG-1 who stood behind Vala. They were unsuccessfully attempting to blend into the concrete floor of the warehouse in an effort to give their two friends some privacy. She nodded slowly. Suddenly, the fatigue that Vala had been thwarting throughout the day finally caught up to her. She was weak in Daniel's arms, as if she might collapse without his support. She put her head back onto Daniel’s shoulder her nose brushing his neck and she sighed lightly. “Can you walk?” he whispered quietly, his breath tickling her ear. She didn’t answer but it was at this point that her knees finally gave out. Without a second thought Daniel scooped her gently into his arms. Vala sighed again, a sigh of contentment, and drifted into a calm sleep, her head resting on Daniel’s shoulder. Daniel headed for the car. After exchanging knowing glances the other three members of the team followed quietly.

Wandering Soul: The Path is Long
                              Spoiler:
                              Vala looked around the room – her room she reminded herself – and tried to remember more about her time here. Going with the team tonight to the restaurant Cam had suggested had helped her regain much of her memory. She was happy to celebrate her acceptance onto SG-1 but as the night wore on more and more of her life began to surface in her mind, bits and pieces floating to the surface. She had mentioned it to both Sam and Daniel. They seemed very happy. However Vala wasn’t sure whether she was glad or not. Her memories of Quetesh had struck her suddenly during the meal and she had been forced to excuse herself to the washroom for a time, overwhelmed. Her friends had shot worried glances after her but still felt that it was best she remembered. Memories of the other pieces of her life, like those of Tomin crept in more slowly, wisps of memory slowly forming into a whole. His presence as well existence of Adria and the Ori clawed at her mind now. While it may have been frightening not knowing anything about her past while she was working at the diner, her life had been simple and manageable. Her real life shocked her now, and as she had said to the detective at the police station that afternoon, she was no longer sure she wanted to know everything about herself.
                              These are looking to be amazing, can't wait to read them

*catapults self into Oven*
                              A friend of ours who works at a bakery gave us a gift tonight. Anybody wanna take a wild guess what?
                              LoL! Yeah right! Why does the fruitcake never find me? It seems to be following everyone else around

Guys you're not going to be believe this. I the most unartistic person I have ever known have created a wallpaper. Its my first so not fantastic but thought that I would share.

Spoiler:
                              Awwwwwwesome!!!

And Susan and Kris, your arts are beautiful too! That's one of my favourite Vala pics, Susan!! And two of my favourite DV pics, Kris I love how artsy the Oven has suddenly become

ARGH!!! I just went to watch my 'present' and the damn cd is broken!!! Right down the middle can you believe it????? I am soooooo annoyed!! Darn mail people!!!
                              Ok trying to be calm now.
                              *headdesk* I hate the postal people...*grumbles*it was in a FRAGILE package thing*/grumbles* I hope you get it soon, which I know you will

*waves at thread* The last day of the The Mama. A strange mix of and also: I. Need. Coffee. And (Kath should love this) I'm downloading Abba because Mamma Mia rocked and my love for 70's/early 80's disco-y pop has been revitalised.

On and this one is one of the "Vala/DV" songs (sad though)

Spoiler:
                              "One Of Us"

They passed me by, all of those great romances
                              You were, I felt, robbing me of my rightful chances
                              My picture clear, everything seemed so easy
                              And so I dealt you the blow
                              One of us had to go
                              Now it's different, I want you to know

One of us is crying
                              One of us is lying
                              In her lonely bed
                              Staring at the ceiling
                              Wishing she was somewhere else instead
                              One of us is lonely
                              One of us is only
                              Waiting for a call
                              Sorry for herself, feeling stupid feeling small
                              Wishing she had never left at all

I saw myself as a concealed attraction
                              I felt you kept me away from the heat and the action
                              Just like a child, stubborn and misconceiving
                              That's how I started the show
                              One of us had to go
                              Now I've changed and I want you to know
                              One of us is crying
                              One of us is lying
                              In her lonely bed
                              Staring at the ceiling
                              One of us is lonely
                              One of us is only
                              Waiting for a call
                              Sorry for herself, feeling stupid feeling small
                              Wishing she had never left at all
                              Never left at all

Staring at the ceiling
                              One of us is lonely
                              One of us is only
                              Waiting for a call
                              I have no idea how that song sounds but the lyrics are AMAZING for DV!! Methinks I need to get into the musicals

...we're talking about rituals...it's pretty interesting...*collapses*

EDIT: G'night Cat!
                              ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                                Yep!...that was worth hanging around for...and you're SURE Nat, that you've never done this writing thing before...'cuz I gotta say, you're a natural.
                                Thanks for this...have been wanting someone to do a tag for the warehouse scene for ages.
                                going to bed now.
                                LC
                                Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                                LC, that was worth waiting up for. Goodnight and sweet MM dreams.

Nat, I am so excited and can't wait to read the rest. I won't say anything about it here so as not to spoil for others. Just that I can so visualize the whole thing. You have done so well to combine these moments with the episode. Great Job Nat.
                                Nat!! That's awesome! My very favorite episode ever and there's new fic from it! And I really really love what you have so far, especially the clip from "Love Will Find You"

I grudgingly say: You can sleep. For now. Provided you write more tomorrow
                                Originally posted by fluffypigeon View Post
                                Nat, I don't want to disturb you. French hw is very important. But I did want to say. These are lovely. Can't wait to see more of it. *g*
                                Originally posted by fluffypigeon View Post
                                She is. Nat's just awesome.
                                Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                                These are looking to be amazing, can't wait to read them
                                Do you guys have any idea how good you are for my self esteem? honestly? my confidence sky rockets every time I come in here! *bearhugs fruitcakes* thank you all so much. it's nice to come in here and smile in the middle of a stressful day!

Do your French homework Nat!!
                                I'll have you know it got done thank you very much. AND it was correct.

once i'm finally in for the night tonight I only have two little things to do for homework so *crosses fingers* assuming someone is up tonight and willing to beta I might be able to post the first of the trilogy tonight
                                My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Working...
                                X