Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    Erin, Nats, Darryl I see you! *creepy little girl in Poltrigiest voice*

*motions you forward* I am this close to breaking out the crack!ficlet vignette and a game to jump start the thread. Seriously, you think I'm joking. Jest, I do not the meaning of the word, but I embody it so well.
    I was replying...it takes a while to produce eloquence.
    Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
    It is fairly quiet in here this morning.

"It's quiet.....too quiet"
    Again with the replying. Sheesh
    Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/hastiekido/eigen%20caps/seizoen%2010/pegasus/JC-67.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16...asus/JC-72.jpg

Thats all...bye bye
    Ooh, thanks for the caps, hastie! Very pretty. Don't be so hasty, hastie. Stick around. (I know, I know, *shakes head* smack me.)

~Erin

Comment

Yo, Darryl, DITT-to the-O! Well put, I'm the same way, if I get too suck on something I look at my pic folder, some icons, and vids, then I read some fics (not mine) and feel all gun-ho about writing again!

And by the way, "200,000 word mark" woah! and congratulations! Long, intricate, epics are a bee-otch, aren't they, and that is quite the accomplishment!
      hehe...don't congradulate me yet (just wait a month or two!! )

Currently The Discovery stands at ~164,000 words. Chapter 19 (which may not be published today, still trying) is over 10,000 words...I expect it to hit between 13 & 16 thousand before I'm done. That will put me at nearly 180,000, and I have so much more story to write yet. So, I feel I'm 'rapidly approaching' (relatively speaking! )

EDIT: Oh, and you totally forgot me in the fic writers list! But as an Ascended being I forgive for you made some good points. Just know. Strike one.
      So, so sorry. I probably shouldn't have listed anyone in specific...there's so many great authors and visual artists here that I'd have spent pages to list them all!

How many strikes do I get? I'm sure it's more than just three...you wouldn't be so cruel to me, would ya?

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
      Very talented, Stef. (Can I say it's bit strange that there's a whole side of the bed that is empty? But that's okay, you work with what you're given, as do we all )
      She was probably leaving room for someone else...(wonder who? )

she was the first to congratulate you...she likes beating everyone else
      *thinks about all the weapons and threats that woman brandishes*Yes, yes she does, doesn't she?

Couldn't have said it better myself. But must ask, ymmv? (don't know that one.)
      *grins* Seems that you're in need of a netiquette tutor, little lady...

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

Okay, my 2 cents on which if either is more important to fandom. I know it wasn't a choice but I pick c) neither are more important (and hence neither of you is indispensible, was that subtext I read at the beginning?)

Back when I was lurking the thread after "Unending" this summer, I had to get more. Didn't matter what it was, physically visual or mentally visual I couldn't get enough. Susan's right, vids suck you in. They're quick and easy, but done right they can grab you like no other. Stef, I could go on and on about your stuff, but I won't, I suspect you would blush at my girl!crush on you and your talent

Yet fic are great too. The variety out there is astounding. You can find a fic for just about anything. There are western-style SG fics, POTC-style, mission!fics, elaborate AUs, fluff-PWP fics, missing scenes/episode tags...you name it, you got it.

Yet none of that was enough for me back in July, and I imagine it's the same for many of you. I could've stayed a lurker. I could've just sat down there at the bottom of the screen as one of the unnamed guests, watching as pretty pics and vids and lovely, well-written fics rolled off the presses. But I couldn't just sit by and watch. It's you people that make vids and fic important. The creators and the audience alike.

My point is slipping away as I write this. Maybe I just have to be the thread peace-keeper (some pun-intended ) but I see this as a pointless question, much like Darryl's sentiment. Art is art. The motivation is the same: to express oneself. The results are the same: the bringing together of like-minded fans. It's the medium that's different, no better or worse than the other. (See, now I might just be plagiarizing Darryl )
      Hehe...don't worry about 'plagiaraizing', dear Erin. Surely you've heard of Pablo Picaso's famous quote?

Of course, there's the other classic, too. "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery".

You've been very kind and sweet in your consideration of my works, Erin. Can't thank you enough.

All in all, I thought your essay was very well written.

Rereading and editing (cuz I'm a perfectionist and I can't help it) if there was a point in there somewhere, let me know, I seem to have lost it.
      That's what makes you an excellent writer! (I haven't finished yet, but I've started reading "Life is Too Short" - great stuff! (and before you freak out, Milena, I've also started reading "Another Look"...also fantastic!! ))

Aw heck, DV ROCKS!! (how's that for eloquence )

~Erin
      Hey, sometimes you gotta keep it short & sweet!!
      _______________________________________________________________________________
      ~sg1cat~ (aka Darryl ) | FanFics: Fanfiction.net LiveJournal

_______________________________________________________________________________

Comment

I was replying...it takes a while to produce eloquence.

~Erin
        Heh. Still trying to show the eloquence has not left the building, I see .... Good job!

Originally posted by sg1cat View Post
        How many strikes do I get? I'm sure it's more than just three...you wouldn't be so cruel to me, would ya?
        Oh, there might be more than three, but I don't say... gotta keep the mystery somehow..

Hehe...don't worry about 'plagiaraizing', dear Erin. Surely you've heard of Pablo Picaso's famous quote?

I love this one from him: "Art is the lies that tell the truth." Not exactly pertinent to the conversation, but half the time I'm not pertinent to the conversation
        banner by Stef

Comment

She was probably leaving room for someone else...(wonder who? )
          yes, that would make sense
          *thinks about all the weapons and threats that woman brandishes*Yes, yes she does, doesn't she?
          That's not what I meant by 'beat' (darn English language) I meant win, like in competitions and such. She's a little competitive.
          *grins* Seems that you're in need of a netiquette tutor, little lady...

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary
          (Ah ha moment) now I need to go back and fit that into context. (why can't we nest quotes, again?)

I thought that was Peter DeLuise. (He said something like that in a director's interview...which ep was it...I'm thinking of an SG1-russian mission to a tomb with a weird monster...Oh well now I'm just gonna hafta find it *snap*)

Of course, there's the other classic, too. "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery".
          I've definitely heard that one.
          You've been very kind and sweet in your consideration of my works, Erin. Can't thank you enough.

All in all, I thought your essay was very well written.

That's what makes you an excellent writer! (I haven't finished yet, but I've started reading "Life is Too Short" - great stuff! (and before you freak out, Milena, I've also started reading "Another Look"...also fantastic!! ))
          thank you
          Hey, sometimes you gotta keep it short & sweet!!
          True, true

~Erin

PS: so you licked the funny stamp and it turned you into a cute wittle kitty cat, hmm?

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
            We, The Daniel/Vala Ship Thread, now have two Channels to cover Fanfic and Videos.

Fruitcakes Anonymous C2 at Fanfiction.net

Fruitcakes Anonymous YT Channel

What does everyone think about making a photobucket account for the thread. Our email address is [email protected] The password is the name of the creator of this thread. We can set up the account, Fruitcakesanonymous, and divide it into albums (episodes, size of photos, etc.) and then everyone will have the password to add photos. We will use the same password. Who is great an organizing photos and wants to take on starting this? Any takers? Stef is making a D/V webpage and she can use all our sites as links in her site.
            I can do it if you like I have tons of photos that I can put in there too

Just let me know if you want it organized by episode or if you had something else in mind. My PB is seperated by seasons, and then episodes.
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Milena and Ren, If you add both of your ages together you won't catch me. I bet I win as the oldest. I'm 46. Susan
              Um, No...that would be me...and that's all I'm gonna say
              LC
              sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
              http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Wendy, that sounds great. I like the season, episodes idea. Should we then break down the episodes into size. I know that the large ones are great for those that make wallpapers. I like the 800x600 to post with but sometimes GW gets strict about everyone using the smaller pics. I can't remember the next size. Any of this make sense? Thanks again. You are a great choice for pics and photobucket.

Did you get all the info on email and passwords, etc. that you need?
                I think I understand what you are saying. I know that I edit my pics down so they are no bigger then 550 pixels wide(only one or two are over that). I will get started with the PB and see what I can do

So we can have a Seasons folder, then have it broke down to Over 550 pixels, and under 550 pixels, then I can have episode subalbums in each of those. It will make more sense once it is up.

I think this is a great idea. I know that the Lorne Thread has a PB that can be used by all as well
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                  Um, No...that would be me...and that's all I'm gonna say
                  LC

Congrats on 500 posts LC!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                    I'm sure we have someone ol-...more mature I remember someone saying they were in their fifties...
                    Well no, I'm not quite there yet.
                    LC
                    sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

(Can I say it's bit strange that there's a whole side of the bed that is empty? But that's okay, you work with what you're given, as do we all
                      Ah no I don't find that strange at all. My husband does similar stuff all the time...he'll roll right into the middle then snuggle up to me, leaving me with almost no space between me and the edge and leaving this huge gap between him and the edge on his side.
                      LC
                      sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

LC, I thought I was the age winner but if you really want the title I will give it up to my peer. We must be pretty close.

Congrats on 500

Wonder how many of us are in the 40's group. Anyone else out there remember the 60's and 70's?
                        I didn't say I WANTED it, but I cannot tell a lie...actually no that's a lie...
                        And yeah we are...you were at the beginning of the new decade and I was at the end of the previous one.
                        LC
                        sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post

Congrats on 500 posts LC!!
                          Damn really!...wow I was looking at that yesterday and wasn't thinking I was that close...musta been all that weird rambling I was doing last night.
                          But ya know everytime someone tells me I've made a milestone I keep thinking I'm gonna get some sort of prize and yet MS STILL hasn't appeared at my front door...why is that????
                          LC
                          sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Ah no I don't find that strange at all. My husband does similar stuff all the time...he'll roll right into the middle then snuggle up to me, leaving me with almost no space between me and the edge and leaving this huge gap between him and the edge on his side.
                            LC
                            Yeah, I know what you mean, LC...what is that?!? I get so squished sometimes. And then he gets mad at me for kneeing him in the ribs. "Well, don't leave me like an inch of bed, then! Sheesh"
                            (TMI?)
                            But I bet Daniel and Vala would snuggle like that. Just seems like them. (See how I brought that back to topic. I'm so clever )

~Erin

Comment

Damn really!...wow I was looking at that yesterday and wasn't thinking I was that close...musta been all that weird rambling I was doing last night.
                              But ya know everytime someone tells me I've made a milestone I keep thinking I'm gonna get some sort of prize and yet MS STILL hasn't appeared at my front door...why is that????
                              LC
                              Yeah, my MS gift package hasn't arrived yet either...maybe it happens at 1000 posts. I'll let you know, LC

~Erin

Comment

LC
                                Yeah, my MS gift package hasn't arrived yet either...maybe it happens at 1000 posts. I'll let you know, LC

~Erin
                                You know, I keep wondering when MS is going to appear too....maybe at 10,000 posts.

UPDATE!

I have the PB registered. I am getting all the folders and albums in order before I give the link. It shouldn't be too much longer
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X