Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Wait, you're keeping track of that? Starting when?! Disdain? Does Daniel ever disdain Vala? Seems a bit harsh Makes me think he doesn't like her!!

Yeah, I just noticed that a couple of months ago when I was capping PP. Here's the scene:

I just think it's funny how Daniel doesn't even stop and process it. He just takes her arm and gets her moving They're so weirdly in sync in this scene...and all they're doing is walking. And is it just me or does it look like they're holding hands and smiling in the second to last one??

-Stef

Sorry Stef not disdain, that is too strong a word, just severe frustration? Like when he's yelling it, either to cut through her rambling or to get her out of danger (like when she chases the dragon...)

And I'm counting as of now I have some fascination with Daniel saying her name because it's much more personal then refering to her with pronouns.

So I've counted thusly :
    Morpheus 1 Aww, 0 others
    PP (thus far) 1 Aww, 1 Code Yellow

And it DOES look like their holding hands!!! *squee* Also, is it just me or does his hand linger on her arm after he's got her back into the right direction?

EDIT: I'll be going back to find the other Name drops in PU, season 9 and F&B but I don't think there'll be many in the Aww which from here on end I shall call Code Pink? Any other ideas for a code name? Code Gold? as in all that glitters... no?
    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Okay, so time for my favorites...

FAVORITE QUOTE:

(sorry, this one has to go to Cam): "Good morning, sunshine. Time to wake up and see what old Santa brought you."

I love it when Cam/BB gets to be playful. It's so cute

FAVORITE PICTURE:

OR

FAVORITE SCENE:

Surprise, surprise--The balcony scene. I loved the care and understanding between them. I like that, for once, it was Vala would was trying to support Daniel It just seemed to be such an easy companionship between two friends (yes, I said friends).

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
        And I'm counting as of now I have some fascination with Daniel saying her name because it's much more personal then refering to her with pronouns.

So I've counted thusly :
        Morpheus 1 Aww, 0 others

And it DOES look like their holding hands!!! *squee* Also, is it just me or does his hand linger on her arm after he's got her back into the right direction?

EDIT: I'll be going back to find the other Name drops in PU, season 9 and F&B but I don't think there'll be many in the Aww which from here on end I shall call Code Pink? Any other ideas for a code name? Code Gold? as in all that glitters... no?
        I'm trying to think of times he's said it. Surely, he must have said it in F&B? Maybe not...Every time I hear him say it in my head it sounds sweet. Maybe I'm thinking of Dominion...

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ack!! The page is huge!!! Is it just me?

Quick question... what's the code (insert colour here)?
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, first of all, destroying an Ori ship by exploding a Wraith ship and also lighting up their supergate in the opposite way --> Super Awesome!! That's scifi technology at its best!

Secondly, I have to agree Stef, Daniel and Vala are completely in tune with each other in this episode. Whether it's Daniel steering Vala somewhere or Vala finishing his sentences and saying all the rude stuff he actually wants to say They're very in sync and the balcony scene is sweet in the small 'thanks for trying' smiles he gives her.

Okay, going back to check for Name drops. Wish me luck

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
              Ack!! The page is huge!!! Is it just me?

Quick question... what's the code (insert colour here)?
              Do you mean the width is huge? I don't seem to have a problem here...

You mean the code for text colors??

Okay, going back to check for Name drops. Wish me luck
              If it helps, I know at least one in Beachhead where he asks if Vala made it off of the ship in time. Not sure what his tone is there...worried? Definitely not agitated!

-Stef

Comment

Speaking of in sync...(no, not the band)

I think this is a cute little moment. How they know what the other one will try to do, and each try to beat the other to the console

-Stef

Comment

Not really a DV scene...but has anyone else seen this adorable picture of the cast?

MS and CB are so cute!

-Stef

Comment

Not really a DV scene...but has anyone else seen this adorable picture of the cast?

MS and CB are so cute!

-Stef
                    Adorable!! Is it the only one of its kind? It looks like an interview setting, would there be other shots somewhere?

And yea, I'm pretty sure I'll be adding the BH name drop as a Code...Aww BTW, he doesn't say her name at all in F&B and she only says Daniel once.

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

I love their banter when Daniel is using such vague questions and Vala's pressuring him to hurry it up and just ask the questions he really wants to ask. He's a touch frustrated but nowhere near the high levels yet, I'd classify this as Code Yellow frustration

But the way he says her name isn't the sweet velvety way so it's not counted The score is still at 2 aww-inducing moments of him saying her name. Unless someone has more?
                      Sorry Stef not disdain, that is too strong a word, just severe frustration? Like when he's yelling it, either to cut through her rambling or to get her out of danger (like when she chases the dragon...)

So I've counted thusly :
                      Morpheus 1 Aww, 0 others

Bolded are the code thingies that had me a little confused. Is this DV shipper lingo or am I just too tired to see the obvious?
                      sigpic

Comment

Adorable!! Is it the only one of its kind? It looks like an interview setting, would there be other shots somewhere?

And yea, I'm pretty sure I'll be adding the BH name drop as a Code...Aww BTW, he doesn't say her name at all in F&B and she only says Daniel once.
                        Well, I like to interpret that as meaning they've become so close that they no longer feel the need to call out each others' names because they automatically know when the other person is talking to them

As for the coding, Toom, no that's just something Milena is playing around with for the name thing. It's not some secret code we all know but you don't

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                          Bolded are the code thingies that had me a little confused. Is this DV shipper lingo or am I just too tired to see the obvious?
                          Ooooooh Sorry Toomi!! I'm the one who's confusing you!!

I'm just counting the times Daniel says Vala's name and which are actually in a sweet tone. Otherwise he says her name in increasing levels of irritation or frustration (ie, yellow, orange, and red being the highest level of frustration) Didn't mean to confuse you! I'll try to think of better terms for them, would you have any suggestions?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Well, I like to interpret that as meaning they've become so close that they no longer feel the need to call out each others' names because they automatically know when the other person is talking to them

As for the coding, Toom, no that's just something Milena is playing around with for the name thing. It's not some secret code we all know but you don't

-Stef
                            Ah, thanks. Just wondering in case it was shipper lingo I missed out on... I'm going to try and watch PP now, had to finish a fic first, but if I stay awake long enough I'll post my thoughts/comments.
                            sigpic

Comment

-Stef
                              That's a nice thought Stef! And I wish I could go with it but I've just finished Avalon 1 and Daniel doesn't say her name once. Vala, on the other hand, says his name twice, doesn't say 'darling' once...I'm curious now as to when that started (wasn't it in PU?)

EDIT: I actually think he says her name more the closer they get which would explain why he says it twice in PP where they're pretty chummy.

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Ooooooh Sorry Toomi!! I'm the one who's confusing you!!

I'm just counting the times Daniel says Vala's name and which are actually in a sweet tone. Otherwise he says her name in increasing levels of irritation or frustration (ie, yellow, orange, and red being the highest level of frustration) Didn't mean to confuse you! I'll try to think of better terms for them, would you have any suggestions?
                                Yellow, orange, and red seem fine. But you might need some more variation for the sweeter tones...because some are more understanding and some are concern...some are just Daniel saying her name Wow, is it weird that we're discussing code names for Daniel's tone?

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X