No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok... Avalon 2. I think this ep has one of my favourite scenes from the entire 10 years of the show. When they burned Vala at the stake. It was horrifying and I remember literally being on the edge of my seat not quite believing that this was happening. Not too long ago while I was staying with my Dad I felt the desire for an SG-1 marathon and at that scene he actually sat down and watched, asking what movie I was watching. He was suprised that it was only a TV show but finished the ep with me.

As for D/V... well, the look on Daniels face as it happens. He can't watch (if I remember rightly, he covers his face towards the end). He's shocked and sickened by it as anyone would be. When the flames are extinguished and he goes to her, releasing the chains, it's a sweet tender moments. As an 'on the fence' shipper I see that moment as a friend, horrified and saddened that someone he knew had to die that horrific way.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay who else loves Vala in the pile of treasure? Not really saying anything but still hysterically funny OMG 15 people? How exciting.
      Hey Stef, what's the banner you have on now? for some reason I'm thinking I/M Firefly.

Banner by Stef
      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I loved this one...lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          It's only one there? Wow! Lucky you. The night is young.

Okay, so by my count, we've only had 4 pages of Avalon Pt.2 discussion. Come on, that's nothing! I want at least double that for the morning/daytime crew to have to drudge through I'm evil, I know.
          -Stef

You are evil... and I really think I like the way you think

And yeah, it's early still, I got time, heh.

So Avalon Pt. 2...

the look on Daniel's face when Vala said she didn't hear any screaming or squishing noises.. Quite possibly the 300th time he thinks to himself She's a lunatic

Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

That's the one Toomi. Okay here's a question to hopefully get the ball rolling.
            How do you think Daniel sees/thinks of Vala at this point in time?

Banner by Stef
            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Oh, this scene in Avalon 1 was hillarious. Vala shoul send in her tailor to fashion the gear for the male SG-members up!
              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Sorry to interrupt!!!

and Welcome Iolanda!!!!

but I had to come in and cackle because I just made a breakthrough in my fic and everyone on my msn is already asleep (they're so useless -_-) so I had to share with you guys instead

Sorry again!! Carry on
                ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                  I think at this point Daniel's having a hard time trying to figure out what to make of her. She challenges him, bugs him sometimes, and constantly confuses him and but there's something that makes it hard to just simply dismiss her..

--> Welcome, Iolanda!

sigpic
                  Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                    Okay, so I've been admiring your banner for a bit. It's the pink/magenta and yellow-hued one with a woman touching a man's face. I've been trying to figure out what it's from. I almost want to say Dune but I could just be hallucinating.

-Stef
                    Yep sure is Dune. Paul/Chani. It's from the Children of Dune miniseries actually, part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                      Ok... Avalon 2. I think this ep has one of my favourite scenes from the entire 10 years of the show. When they burned Vala at the stake. It was horrifying and I remember literally being on the edge of my seat not quite believing that this was happening. Not too long ago while I was staying with my Dad I felt the desire for an SG-1 marathon and at that scene he actually sat down and watched, asking what movie I was watching. He was suprised that it was only a TV show but finished the ep with me.

As for D/V... well, the look on Daniels face as it happens. He can't watch (if I remember rightly, he covers his face towards the end). He's shocked and sickened by it as anyone would be. When the flames are extinguished and he goes to her, releasing the chains, it's a sweet tender moments. As an 'on the fence' shipper I see that moment as a friend, horrified and saddened that someone he knew had to die that horrific way.
                      You know, I actually rambled on about this for that Stargate tribute thing on GW. I don't think they used any of it of course, probably picked my writing at its worst, and misspelled my name. Other than that though

Back to topic, that burning sequence does stand out as one of the most indelible scenes of ANY TV show I've watched. Period. I wasn't a fan of SG-1 at the time when I first watched it, but when I came back to the series at "Uninvited," that was the one scene I remembered the most. AMAZING.

As for the friend v romance, it's all a matter of interpretation. Like I've said in the past, although I get into a mood where I like to think every scene shows how much in love D/V are, I still believe that the shift from friendship to romance didn't occur until MM. Here's my weird little breakdown of their relationship's development:

S9's Goal: Understanding
                      Pre-MM S10's Goal: Friendship
                      Post-MM S10 Goal: Romantic Relationship

Okay who else loves Vala in the pile of treasure? Not really saying anything but still hysterically funny OMG 15 people? How exciting.
                      Hey Stef, what's the banner you have on now? for some reason I'm thinking I/M Firefly.
                      Oh, I definitely love Vala and her gold. Especially when she pours it on herself!

I do have one Mal/Inara banner in my rotation. I think it's the one about not being afraid of dying, but being afraid of losing [you].

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

That's the one Toomi. Okay here's a question to hopefully get the ball rolling.
                        Perhaps I'm not the one to be answering this, but I will anyways....

At this point I think he sees her as someone he's stuck with for a while. She slapped the bracelets on them both connecting them indefinatly and for all he knows she could take them off anytime. Gauging some of his reactions during Avalon 1 and the beginning of 2 he's irritated by her sexual innuendos, flirty comments and 'in it for myself' attitude.

I think it changes a bit when they end up in the Ori galaxy. She's the only one he knows and neither of them know much about the Ori.

When she dies I think he's shocked and upset but still thinks of her as an aquiantance. When he holds her before the Prior restors her life perhaps there's the seed of friendship. Maybe at that point he is beginning to realise that while he thought her irritating, he'll miss her.

The more I think about it (and it's taking me several minutes to type this lol) the more I wonder how long it has been since (if ever) Daniel had talked/hung around with/ argued with someone quite like her.

He and Sam are good friends and while I'm sure they have disagreements and arguments I doubt that it was anything more than a small disagreement or discussion. There's no 'sexual' innuendo's/flirting (as with Vala) as it's more like a sibling relationship.

Jack he argued with but both seemed to egg each other on. If you include the movie they've known each other for over 10 years by the time this ep happens and it's what two friends do. Agree to disagree and they are two males... one who hates discussing anything slightly emotional related.

Teal'c is a friend of Daniels and the only time I can at the moment remember them not getting along was after Teal'c killed Ammunet/Sha're. Other than that, has Teal'c ever argued/challenged anyone on SG-1?

Vala, to start with, kidnapped him and took the ship he was on, kicked his derriere, showed up at the SGC, slapped armbands on that connected the two and basically demanded that he find the treasure. Not to mention that her arrival and consequent aftermaths caused him to miss his trip to Atlantis. Again. She flirts with him, argues with him yet at the same time knows what interests him (the tablet, discussing Nut etc). He makes light of it but I'm sure by the time they've found the treasure and the ancient artifact he's warming up to her.

Oyoyoy, I rambled... and in previewing this noticed a lovely pic of Cam in leather....

Hope no one is bugged by this post, but at the moment, that's how I see it. Think I should dig up my S/J rose tinted shipper glasses, change the prescription and rewatch some of these eps....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                          Sorry to interrupt!!!

and Welcome Iolanda!!!!

but I had to come in and cackle because I just made a breakthrough in my fic and everyone on my msn is already asleep (they're so useless -_-) so I had to share with you guys instead

Sorry again!! Carry on
                          Interrupt us, I love your fanfics!
                          I think that Vala gives Daniel quite the shake-up. He reacts so differently to her than any other woman he has met - that I can think of atm. Also she's intelligent and can go eye to eye with him.
                          Just my two cents worth
                          Toomi I agree I honestly don't think they're anywhere near a relationship at this point. Its more of a tentative friendship. Honestly I believe relationship doesn't come up until around about MM just like Stef said.

Banner by Stef
                          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I think that Vala gives Daniel quite the shake-up. He reacts so differently to her than any other woman he has met - that I can think of atm. Also she's intelligent and can go eye to eye with him.
                            Just my two cents worth

LOL.

He doesn't know why, but she gets to him. I don't think it's love yet, but definitely the very very beginning of friends.

sigpic
                            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

First off, welcome back to the thread, iolanda. It's been awhile!!

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                              Failures. How dare they sleep!?!? You can always count on at least one D/V-er to be awake at what others might consider to be ungodly hours.

Ooh, breakthrough?? That's always good. I'm getting places with my vid. I almost have the bones of the vid down (oh, Stef has many, many stages of development because, well, she's an insane perfectionist). All of this chatter is strangely enough, helping me concentrate. It's always nice to take little breaks...keeps the mind fresh.

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                              I think at this point Daniel's having a hard time trying to figure out what to make of her. She challenges him, bugs him sometimes, and constantly confuses him and but there's something that makes it hard to just simply dismiss her..
                              ITA. He acts so irritated by her, but I think there's part of him that likes being irritated by her...even if he would never admit it. I mean, there's way too much fun-bickering between them when they get to the village.

Originally posted by iheartvala View Post
                              Yep sure is Dune. Paul/Chani. It's from the Children of Dune miniseries actually, part 1.
                              Ah, yes. I thought I recognized his face but hers alluded me. Can't say I'm a fan of Children of the Dune. I had MANY issues with the female characters in that mini-series.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

*sees Stef's Crichton/Aeryn sig, pic from Ringgoldgate. Dies *

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X