so I've tried ctrl+i and nothing's happening

more help, please tonttu??

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
      windows media player
      I'm pretty sure.

so I've tried ctrl+i and nothing's happening

more help, please tonttu??
      Haven't used WMP in a very long time so I don't know any other way of taking screencaps with it (I'm currently on Ubuntu (Linux) so can't test WMP)
      You could install VLC media player and use it to take screencaps
      VLC is much better than WMP anyway
      sigpic
      Inside soft clouds we have drowned so deep in slumber our feet have lost the ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
        Forgive me if this has been done or discussed already.

While peeping at the Sam/Cam thread, I saw that someone is putting together a vid of Sam torn between Jack and Cam with a bounce between Sam/Cam and Sam/Jack moments.

I instantly wondered if something similar would fit for Daniel...him being torn between Sam and Vala?
        I like that. I would love to see a vid like that....

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Okay, so I read the latest little tidbit about Continuum at Stargate Solutions , and in my never-ending quest to stay positive about these movies, I have come up with a theory.
        Spoiler:
        After reading AT's comments, it sounds as if Continuum will be Mitchell, Sam, and Daniel-heavy. But then you take into account that Daniel is supposed to be getting frost-bite, so his role should be reduced somewhat. So, that leaves Sam/Cam as the two major players in Continuum.

Maybe this was a conscious decision to spread the love, as it were, for Sam & Cam since Daniel & Vala will be featured heavily in AoT (Daniel, because he's the one who is leading the search for the ark, and Vala, because of Tomin and Adria). It would make me infinitely more pleased if this were the case, that the writers were merely trying to give each teammember a chance to shine. Well, maybe not Teal'c....but who knows? I've always felt that the Ori storyline belonged more to Vala & Daniel than to the military personel, and this alternate timeline sounds infinitely more military than civilian-related.

Just a thought Now I take the hours of sleep I've been putting off for the past 24hours.

-Stef
        I like that theory.

Hmmm, interesting idea. Honestly, if I were to make a triangle using Daniel & Vala, I'd probably use Tomin, Cam, Sha're, or Teal'c as spoilers rather than Sam. It's mostly because I've never seen a romantic link between Daniel and Sam.
        Watch seasons 1 through 8 hun with an open mind. 'Children of the Gods' and subsequent episodes like 'Fire and Water' and 'Meridian' and 'Lost City' are enlightening to say the least.

To keep this thread on Dala business I gotta add that for Continuum [spoiler] Vala will be the bad guy, and therefore not around much anyways. That doesn't mean that we won't have a lot of Daniel angsting, which I hope we have.
        Spoiler:
        Although I gotta add that I hate the fact that Continuum has been pushed back till late 08, I really hate that fact and I hope that the special effects are well worth it and well worth messing royally with the Atlantis timeline....
        Last edited by Anjirika; 08 August 2007, 09:40 AM.
        sigpic
        Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
        |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Hey all, I feel like an idiot, but maybe one of you can help me.

Over the past month I've been reading all kinds of D/V fanfiction -- 'cuz you know we can't get enough -- anyway, I remember reading this really great story about Daniel comforting Vala after a particularly horrible mission. I think she had to kill Adria, with a knife and so she gets all bloody, and she skips her post-op check-up with Dr. Lam, and Mitchell and Carolyn are at her door trying to get her to come out, and Daniel meets them and finally gets her to open the door. And then he rushes her off the base and back to his place, where she gets cleaned up and sleeps on the couch, and... well there's more but that's all the detail I can remember.

Most of the time I save the really good stories to my favorites but I can't seem to find this one, and it's driving me nuts. Does anybody recognize this fic from this poor excuse for a summary, and could they point me in the right direction? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

~Erin

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
            Watch seasons 1 through 8 hun with an open mind. 'Children of the Gods' and subsequent episodes like 'Fire and Water' and 'Meridian' and 'Lost City' are enlightening to say the least.
            Actually, I have watched all of those episodes, and I still don't see it I can see how people might interpret certain moments, but I can only see them as friends. Trust me, I am always open to new pairings, but even as I go back and watch old episodes I don't see any real spark there. Friendship, yes. But again, like I said, I can understand people who do.

Oh, and you should probably edit your last post because your spoiler coding is missing the / at the end, so it's not under spoiler bars.

Over the past month I've been reading all kinds of D/V fanfiction -- 'cuz you know we can't get enough -- anyway, I remember reading this really great story about Daniel comforting Vala after a particularly horrible mission. I think she had to kill Adria, with a knife and so she gets all bloody, and she skips her post-op check-up with Dr. Lam, and Mitchell and Carolyn are at her door trying to get her to come out, and Daniel meets them and finally gets her to open the door. And then he rushes her off the base and back to his place, where she gets cleaned up and sleeps on the couch, and... well there's more but that's all the detail I can remember.

Most of the time I save the really good stories to my favorites but I can't seem to find this one, and it's driving me nuts. Does anybody recognize this fic from this poor excuse for a summary, and could they point me in the right direction? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
            That story does sound familiar, but I would have no idea where to start looking for it I'll see if I can come up with anything.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

~Erin
              I think it's Kales's Domino Motion. The begining of it.
              I must have a link somewhere...but can't find it now.

Edit: Found it on FF.net. Here you go:
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3331044/1/Domino_Motion
              sigpic
              Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Whoooaa!!
                Another game has just started at Fun and Games section.

The Best Kiss!!!!

Go and vote for Unending!!!

Here is the link.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46038
                sigpic
                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                  Whoooaa!!
                  Another game has just started at Fun and Games section.

The Best Kiss!!!!

Go and vote for Unending!!!

Here is the link.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46038
                  Thanks for the heads-up. Just voted. For anyone looking for pics of the kiss to use, there are a few up at Tonttu's site HERE

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm kinda bored at work. So...

sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Comment

Bumping, bumping..
                      Have nothing to say and I kinda got bored with piccing too.
                      Piccing?! wow I've just made up a word.
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Comment

Oh, Wendy, I see you.
                        Now, be a good girl, and go to the Best Kiss games and vote for Unending
                        You know you wanna do it
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by Stef

Comment

Actually, I have watched all of those episodes, and I still don't see it I can see how people might interpret certain moments, but I can only see them as friends. Trust me, I am always open to new pairings, but even as I go back and watch old episodes I don't see any real spark there. Friendship, yes. But again, like I said, I can understand people who do.

Oh, and you should probably edit your last post because your spoiler coding is missing the / at the end, so it's not under spoiler bars.

That story does sound familiar, but I would have no idea where to start looking for it I'll see if I can come up with anything.

-Stef

I have to agree with you Stef. I have no problem with people seeing certain relationships in the first couple of season as ships, but I myself, just saw them as nothing more then friends. Ship and let ship I say!

I will go and check out that thread. I have been terrible at the games lately. I used to vote religiously every day but have sort have gotten away from it since I started messing with the PB and now have season 10 to cap. I am going to go through all the games when I get home and start playing again.

To keep this on topic....Love this little scene

sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

awesome caps, Wendy.
                            I love Vala's expression. It's hilarious.
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                              Oh, Wendy, I see you.
                              Now, be a good girl, and go to the Best Kiss games and vote for Unending
                              You know you wanna do it

Yes Your Highness!!!

Okay, I did my part and it is now in the lead. I know a couple other people that would probably vote for that kiss so I will go and tell them now!!

Speaking of kiss...I need honest opinions on these two banners I made. I really like both, but I think one is too busy. What does everyone else think?

sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                                I have to agree with you Stef. I have no problem with people seeing certain relationships in the first couple of season as ships, but I myself, just saw them as nothing more then friends. Ship and let ship I say!
                                Well, I have to with both of you, girls. It's not just that I'm not seeing anything between those two (D&S) but I'm also not seeing anything subtletly going on between Daniel and Janet or Sam and Teal'c in Unending. Both actors stated that they played their parts hinting an actual ship between them, but I guess I'm a little bit woolheaded that I can't get these things. I can imagine Sam&Teal'c in Unending as a couple or himm sexbuddies but I can't see anything onscreen.

Of course, it's just me, I think what I need for getting into a ship is that their onscreen chemistry has to get out of my television and smack me hard on the floor. Sublety is not my thing
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X