No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful trailer, Stef, just as good as the one on the season 10 DVDs It makes me feel so badly for Tomin. Oh, I want to see this movie, like now!!

And great fic, gioia. I always find it hard to imagine how Qetesh's life must have influenced Vala. I like how you tried to tell some of her backstory. That must be really difficult.

~Erin

Comment

Thanks for all of the comments guys

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
      How spoilery is it? I want to watch it, but I want to keep spoiler free.. oh the temptation.
      Um....it's really just a compilation of seasons 9 & 10. It's really just a recap of some things that I think will be pertinent to AoT....and a lot of explosions

I'll read your fic when I get a chance to sit down and focus properly, gioia

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Looks like MS (and Lexa) will be making an appearance on SF's "Eureka" this season. They're doing seperate episodes though. Here's more on that from Stargate Solutions.

A little OT, but I just watched three movies over the course of the past three nights. Since we're all internet friends here, I thought I'd give little reviews to help you out in future rental experiences...

The Number 23: Horrible...truly...don't watch it.
        Zodiac: Good, but looong.
        Deja-vu: Pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but entertaining. Time travel always gets a bit tricky though...

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Loved your fic gioia thought that it was brillant at capturing the emotions felt by Vala. Its always intersting to read how people think being a host will affect a person.

Banner by Stef
          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

thanks for all the comments, guys.
            I'm really appreciating them
            It was really fun playing with Vala and Qetesh. But I must confess that a lof of my ideas came from this thread, and our talking about that scene. They were very insightful.

then I think It's time a little gif.
            sigpic
            Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Thanks for the gift lol.

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Question, what do you use to make .gif images?? I'm trying to make an alternating banner...to little success!

Looks like we have our first winner in the Greatest D/V Moments game

The confrontation & hug in the warehouse

Who can forget that amazing moment? *sigh* It's my personal favorite.

-Stef

Comment

Love that moment it's so sweet. Nice banner Stef.

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Okay, so I have a quick question. Has anyone ever made a D/V vid to Matchbox Twenty's "Hand Me Down?" I know some video has used it before...but maybe it was for another couple. I just heard it tonight and thought it was perfect for D/V! Listen to it HERE (I chose this video because, well...it's not related to another show...and who doesn't like flowers?!)

Lyrics:
                    Spoiler:
                    Someday they'll find your small town world on a big town avenue
                    Gonna make you like the way they talk when they're talking to you
                    Gonna make you break out of the shell cause they tell you to
                    Gonna make you like the way they lie better than the truth
                    They'll tell you everything you wanted someone else to say
                    They're gonna break your heart, yeah

From what I've seen
                    You're just a one more hand me down
                    Cause no ones tried to give you what you need
                    So lay all your troubles down
                    I am with you now

Somebody ought to take you in
                    Try to make you love again
                    Try to make you like the way they feel
                    When they're under your skin
                    Never once did think they'd lie when they're holding you
                    You wonder why they haven't called
                    When they said they'd call you
                    You start to wonder if you're ever gonna make it by
                    You'll start to think you were born blind

From what I've seen
                    You're just one more hand me down
                    I am with you now

I'm here for the hard times
                    The straight to your heart times
                    Whenever it ain't easy
                    You can stand up against me
                    And maybe rely on me
                    And cry on me, yeah

Oh no, no, no

Some day they'll open up your world
                    Shake it down on a drawing board
                    Do their best to change you
                    They still can't erase you

From what I've seen
                    I am with you now

Lay them down on me
                    Oh, yeah
                    And all those nots don't give you what you need
                    So lay all your troubles down...on me
                    Last edited by Stef; 03 August 2007, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      Question, what do you use to make .gif images?? I'm trying to make an alternating banner...to little success!
                      I never tried to make animations in Photoshop but I guess it's similar to GIMP

I create 3 layers, write a number in each layer, go to menu, select save as and give it a name ending with .gif
                      at this point GIMP asks if I want to save it as animation and then asks what settings I would like to use
                      sigpic
                      Inside soft clouds we have drowned so deep in slumber our feet have lost the ground...

Comment

Wow this thread is kinda dead lately....

...great banner Steff. I love the fact that Momento Mori won. ^_^ That it one of my all time fav shippy moments in SG1.
                        sigpic
                        Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                        |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Hey!

Daniel/Vala fluff here:

http://community.livejournal.com/dan...la/305218.html

Missing scene Unending.

Enjoy!

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Forgive me if this has been done or discussed already.

While peeping at the Sam/Cam thread, I saw that someone is putting together a vid of Sam torn between Jack and Cam with a bounce between Sam/Cam and Sam/Jack moments.

I instantly wondered if something similar would fit for Daniel...him being torn between Sam and Vala?

Comment

Okay, so I read the latest little tidbit about Continuum at Stargate Solutions , and in my never-ending quest to stay positive about these movies, I have come up with a theory.
                              Spoiler:
                              After reading AT's comments, it sounds as if Continuum will be Mitchell, Sam, and Daniel-heavy. But then you take into account that Daniel is supposed to be getting frost-bite, so his role should be reduced somewhat. So, that leaves Sam/Cam as the two major players in Continuum.

Maybe this was a conscious decision to spread the love, as it were, for Sam & Cam since Daniel & Vala will be featured heavily in AoT (Daniel, because he's the one who is leading the search for the ark, and Vala, because of Tomin and Adria). It would make me infinitely more pleased if this were the case, that the writers were merely trying to give each teammember a chance to shine. Well, maybe not Teal'c....but who knows? I've always felt that the Ori storyline belonged more to Vala & Daniel than to the military personel, and this alternate timeline sounds infinitely more military than civilian-related.

Just a thought Now I take the hours of sleep I've been putting off for the past 24hours.

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                                Forgive me if this has been done or discussed already.

While peeping at the Sam/Cam thread, I saw that someone is putting together a vid of Sam torn between Jack and Cam with a bounce between Sam/Cam and Sam/Jack moments.

I instantly wondered if something similar would fit for Daniel...him being torn between Sam and Vala?
                                Hmmm, interesting idea. Honestly, if I were to make a triangle using Daniel & Vala, I'd probably use Tomin, Cam, Sha're, or Teal'c as spoilers rather than Sam. It's mostly because I've never seen a romantic link between Daniel and Sam.

Don't let that stop anyone from making one though, I'd certainly watch it!! I'd probably even enjoy it. Plus, you'd have the added bonus of being one of the few (if only) person to journey down that road

Speaking of triangles, someone really should make more Cam/Daniel/Vala or Tomin/Vala/Daniel videos. I always find it interesting to see the differences when they're put side-by-side.

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X