Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time in many, many years, I watched network TV on Friday night. Ghost Whiperer, Threshold, and Numbers is a great line up and I enjoyed all 3 shows. I enjoyed them much better than the SG1 reruns. Of course, I played with my scrapebooks. I added the new magazine articles about Amanda Tapping. Her Dreamwatch comments about Sam and Jack did steam me up. Doesn't she realize without Jack and Jacob, her character could be disposed of very easily?Be very wary , my dear.

Comment

CALLING ALL SHIPPERS!!! I want to write letters to RDA as we agreed but what "salutation" should I use??

Dear Mr. Anderson
      Dear Richard
      Dear Richard Dean
      Dear Rick
      Hi Honey
      My Beloved
      Hey Baby

Did I read somewhere or am I making this up? He prefers folks/fans to call him Rick???
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        I can only speak for myself, of course, but if Jack and Sam's places were switched, and Jack had moved on with the same callous disregard for Sam's feelings as we've seen in the past two seasons from Sam, I would have been just as irked with him as I was with Sam. It would have been very insensitive, disrespectful, and contrary to the very emotion of love that we're all convinced they have for each other. I guess that's why I just couldn't buy it: you don't treat somebody you love that way. Or, ideally, you wouldn't.

My big issue in what happened wasn't that she moved on, but how she moved on. Neither of them should have had to find out after the fact. (And before anybody says it, Kerry doesn't count because that was after Sam moved on. If Jack had moved on first, then whoever Sam picked would also be exempt. <g>)
        it was certainly not "callous disregard ". she no longer had any indication that he still loved her. for all she knew she could have gone to him and said, "hey so i'm thinking of going on a date" and he would have said, "so? what are ya tellin' me for". more than likely he would have said, in a confused sort of way, "well good for you carter, it about time you got a life".
        remember his reaction to her following her calling him jack, in grace? following her ordeal on the ship and everything she had been through not only that year, but in all the years of her life previously, that to her was most likely a confirmation of how she felt. my point once again, is that her attempt to get over him, and get a life, was in no way "callous disregard " for anyones feelings. callous is one word i could never imagine being associated with samantha carter.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
          CALLING ALL SHIPPERS!!! I want to write letters to RDA as we agreed but what "salutation" should I use??

Dear Mr. Anderson
          Dear Richard
          Dear Richard Dean
          Dear Rick
          Hi Honey
          My Beloved
          Hey Baby

Did I read somewhere or am I making this up? He prefers folks/fans to call him Rick???
          i'd go with hey baby, and sign off with your phone number. but hey, thats just me!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Fly by post.....still got errands to run tonight. Be back tomorrow!

Uh.....I was only in "passive fandom" then (just watched the show). But from the info I've gathered since I arrived here, I'd like to ask a question. Sam and Jack became much closer in S4. Wasn't that part of what got MS restless, leading him to decide to leave the show? I'm not bashing. I'm just trying to get some perspective. I thought MS felt the Sam/Jack relationship took away from his screen time. Please correct me if I'm wrong.....cause I'm just asking for informational purposes.
            hi, i PMed you with the explaination that i was aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
              Had good news today. Biopsy (on me)--results are benign!
              That's great news. So glad it turned out that way.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

A brand new Sam and Jack video for the shipper family

"All by myself" Celine Dion

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/StargateSG1.html

With thunk !!!!too

Enjoy

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  A brand new Sam and Jack video for the shipper family

"All by myself" Celine Dion

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/StargateSG1.html

With thunk !!!!too

Enjoy

Caty
                  ((((((((Caty))))))))

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    Came across this:

lol i'd green you but i apparently i already gave you too much
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I am new to posting on this forum but have lurked for about a year. I am a huge Jack and Sam fan and have found some comfort in others having a similar, dare I say, obsession. Caty, I loved your video and am so pleased that you have not completely given up the ship. I actually started a thread called "Where's Jack" in the season 9 thing mainly because I can't believe how they have failed to acknowledge a character who was central to the show for so many years. It was hard enough to keep the faith when Jack was on the show. I guess their new and improved fans make up for all of us "delusional ones." I think, however, that when all is said and done, they are going to need all of us. This thought just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling...joke.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                        I am new to posting on this forum but have lurked for about a year. I am a huge Jack and Sam fan and have found some comfort in others having a similar, dare I say, obsession. Caty, I loved your video and am so pleased that you have not completely given up the ship. I actually started a thread called "Where's Jack" in the season 9 thing mainly because I can't believe how they have failed to acknowledge a character who was central to the show for so many years. It was hard enough to keep the faith when Jack was on the show. I guess their new and improved fans make up for all of us "delusional ones." I think, however, that when all is said and done, they are going to need all of us. This thought just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling...joke.
                        in a way, its easier to keep the ship going. they can just have them doing the long distance thing. or the off screen thing. the only problem is we don't get to see the little looks and touches on screen.

just thought of another subtle shippy moment i like a little while ago. in tin man, when jack rips open his arm, and sam kinda holds his arm, and the way they look at each other. nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          Came across this:

Great picture.. very Sam&Jack like.. lol. Its so sweet when she goes off on one of her scientific rambles.. just to watch Jacks face..

Though... uh.. does anyone else notice at the bottom.. it says.. I love Daniel....

Or is that just me..????
                          Sam&Jack
                          ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                          ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                          TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            hi, i PMed you with the explaination that i was aware of.
                            Comming out of lurkdom because now I'm curious, can I have a PM too ?

One thing that surprises and annoys me though is that in S6 Daniel was mentioned either directly or indirectly in almost every episode but now Jack isn't even mentioned when there is a world threat

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Hello! Am I the only one bothered by this? That quote really upsets me! I mean, we don't know what mag it came from, and we know their journalistic integrity may not be the best, but still.....

In the discussion we had here over the last couple of days on the future of the ship, trupi mentioned that Don Davis had told her that RDA thought fans were angry with him for leaving the show. We talked about letting him know how much we miss him and how he needs to wrap up his storyline. We talked about doing this through a web site, but I think I have a way that would be more effective--by sending letters to his agent and Gekko. I contacted minigeek, and she got the addresses below for me. I think mail sent to one or both of these places would be much more likely to reach him.

Here's the information I have.

Richard Dean Anderson
                              c/o Gekko Film Corporation
                              1122 South Robertson, Boulevard, Suite 15
                              Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA

Richard Dean Anderson
                              c/o ICM (International Creative Management)
                              8942 Wilshire Blvd.
                              Beverly Hills
                              CA 90211, USA

minigeek also suggested checking the Screen Actors Guild for addresses that might get mail to him, but I'm having trouble navigating their web site. So, I'd suggest these for now.....and I'm going to write. I'm also going to post this message on the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread. You know those Gutter Gals!

How many would write? Could you post here and give us an idea?
                              Reposting the addresses for the letter to RDA. I think you shoud address them formerly "Dear Mr.Anderson" shows respect.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                ((((((((Caty))))))))

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!!
                                Repeat-clap, clap, clap-brava!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X