Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atlantis sg1 View Post
    *Emerges from the depths*
    Omg news of news! I'm also nervous. What is stargate command and what do they mean by activate the stargate I wonder. I signed up to get a notice but now I'm wishing I had waited a bit longer to join in the pre-shipday fun. *tells self it will be something small*

Ps: hello everyone (and new members) long time no see
    Hello !
    I'm getting super nervous too ! I can't help imagining bad scenarios if we really get something...
    I really grew to have trust issues when it comes to the SG series... sigh...
    My Tumblr.
    My Tumblr Art Blog.
    My Deviantart page.

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
      Hello !
      I'm getting super nervous too ! I can't help imagining bad scenarios if we really get something...
      I really grew to have trust issues when it comes to the SG series... sigh...
      So say we all... ugh.

My thoughts about what's probably coming. Don't read if you legitimately want to be surprised without speculation.
      Spoiler:

After doing some research, I'm less nervous/excited than before. I'm expecting that it'll probably be an online platform or video game since the MGM rep who's at the announcement is Sam Toles, the Senior Vice President of Digital & New Platforms, MGM, so a new movie or series is looking less likely.

Also, unless this is done with the support of the original cast/writers, I don't know how much I'll be able to consider "canon" even with the backing of MGM.

But we could be surprised!

But we could be disappointed...

AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        So say we all... ugh.

My thoughts about what's probably coming. Don't read if you legitimately want to be surprised without speculation.
        Spoiler:

After doing some research, I'm less nervous/excited than before. I'm expecting that it'll probably be an online platform or video game since the MGM rep who's at the announcement is Sam Toles, the Senior Vice President of Digital & New Platforms, MGM, so a new movie or series is looking less likely.

Also, unless this is done with the support of the original cast/writers, I don't know how much I'll be able to consider "canon" even with the backing of MGM.

But we could be surprised!

But we could be disappointed...

AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
        I'm checking news on another forum and...
        Spoiler:
        People have discovered the name/trademark "Stargate Origins". So, some people are theorizing it is going to be a prequel about the Ancients. Or that it could (also) involve the events in the episode Moebius. And people seem sure now that this is going to be a new tv series. That said, i would love a competent video game. Those never had much luck. The last video game series they did was cancelled before the story could be completed.
        Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 20 July 2017, 11:36 AM.
        My Tumblr.
        My Tumblr Art Blog.
        My Deviantart page.

Comment

I'm checking news on another forum and...
          Spoiler:
          People have discovered the name/trademark "Stargate Origins". So, some people are theorizing it is going to be a prequel about the Ancients. Or that it could (also) involve the events in the episode Moebius. And people seem sure now that this is going to be a new tv series. That said, i would love a competent video game. Those never had much luck. The last video game series they did was cancelled before the story could be completed.
          Spoiler:
          Huh. Good to know.

To be honest, I'd watch a new series (prequel, sequel, or otherwise) because I love the franchise (though I won't claim to have liked SGU much), but I probably won't get terribly excited about something that has no bearing on SG-1.

That leaves me in a pretty secure position to be disappointed, but like we used to say around here a lot:

Hope x 14

(For those who don't know, we were all very hopeful for confirmation when AT was confirmed for 14 episodes of SGA, so that was our battlecry)
          sigpic
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Apparently, we're not getting the livestream of the event anymore. They apologized for not being able to make it work.
            Gotta wait some more, I guess...
            Sigh...

Edit : New TV show confirmed ! As I saw, it will be called Stargate Origins.
            And it will be set in 1928 with Katherine Langford.
            Okay. I guess... Seems boring considering what we know though...
            Guess I have nothing to worry about anymore ... and nothing to get excited about either.

Edit : And this new series will have 10 minutes episodes of 10 episodes... Okay, I think everyone's hype has crushed to the ground by now... Unless this mini-series is meant to be the introduction to more SG stuff... I dunno... sigh... i'd rather get a video game series here, frankly... But then, considering the premise they chose, a mini series format is appropriate.
            Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 20 July 2017, 05:55 PM.
            My Tumblr.
            My Tumblr Art Blog.
            My Deviantart page.

Comment

Apparently, we're not getting the livestream of the event anymore. They apologized for not being able to make it work.
              Gotta wait some more, I guess...
              Sigh...

Edit :
              Spoiler:
              New TV show confirmed ! As I saw, it will be called Stargate Origins.
              And it will be set in 1928 with Katherine Langford.
              Okay. I guess... Seems boring considering what we know though...
              Guess I have nothing to worry about anymore ... and nothing to get excited about either.

Is it necessary to put these in spoiler tags btw ?
              Umm, I think this could be considered an official statement, the equivalent of news that a show has been renewed or cancelled. Now that it's out, we want all Stargate fans to know about this news, so I think it's okay to not use spoilers.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                Umm, I think this could be considered an official statement, the equivalent of news that a show has been renewed or cancelled. Now that it's out, we want all Stargate fans to know about this news, so I think it's okay to not use spoilers.
                Okay. i'll modify my post.
                My Tumblr.
                My Tumblr Art Blog.
                My Deviantart page.

Comment

Edit : And this new series will have 10 minutes episodes of 10 episodes... Okay, I think everyone's hype has crushed to the ground by now... Unless this mini-series is meant to be the introduction to more SG stuff... I dunno... sigh... i'd rather get a video game series here, frankly... But then, considering the premise they chose, a mini series format is appropriate.
                  Yeah, I'm disappointed that it's not a full on series (and disappointed that SG-1: Revolution isn't back on the table ... a girl can dream big dreams, right?), but I am more interested in this than if Origins was going to be about the Ancients (or some other ancient race). I'm excited because I would love to see more of Catherine (and most likely Ernest ... that's a ship I've always wanted fleshed out), but considering this premise, I'm actually glad it's the equivalent of a movie length, because I can't imagine a historical science-fiction show with 20 episodes where Catherine gets caught up in tons of weird stuff that she never told SG-1 in the 1990s.
                  sigpic

Comment

And this will air on a streaming service (gotta subscribe) dedicated to the SG franchise... Some stuff will be free, others not.
                    The show will apparently air this fall.

Not sure they had the best ideas here... this isn't going to attract a new audience.
                    My Tumblr.
                    My Tumblr Art Blog.
                    My Deviantart page.

Comment

And this will air on a streaming service (gotta subscribe) dedicated to the SG franchise... Some stuff will be free, others not.
                      The show will apparently air this fall.

Not sure they had the best ideas here... this isn't going to attract a new audience.
                      Ooh. You're right. I didn't really think of that.

I was kind of hoping this would be a test to see what kind of audience there was in order to devote more resources back to the franchise, but I think that you're right. It's not designed (or designed well) to bring a new audience in.

But, maybe they have stuff planned (or the potential to have stuff planned) that we don't know about. If they could reunite cast members of SG-1/SGA/SGU, maybe they'd plan more short stories focused on the characters (kind of like the audio book series they did) instead of big action packed stories that are going to require a big budget.

Through the building of a new online platform, it is going to require new material (or new ways to interact with existing material) to keep the platform alive beyond this mini-series airing this fall. GateWorld's been pretty slow for more than a couple years now, but in spite of that, MGM is at least trying to keep some life in the franchise, which I'll always support.
                      sigpic

Comment

The series is scheduled to begin shooting in August and helmed by Mercedes Bryce Morgan and written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry.
                        I wonder who these people are. *narrows eyes* I don't know them. I am wary...
                        "We view ‘Stargate Origins’ as a thank you to fans who have been keeping the spirit of the franchise alive for nearly 25 years.
                        Fans can expect the new Stargate Command fan experience to launch this fall.

“We saw a need for a definitive hub for the ‘Stargate’ fanbase to continue to enjoy news and content, both old and new,” said Chris Ottinger, president, worldwide television distribution & acquisitions, MGM in Thursday’s statement. “Stargate Command will open a new door for the community to celebrate and interact with all content in a way that has never been done before.”
                        All quotes from LA Times - Comic-Con 2017 live updates: 'Stargate' is back
                        sigpic

Comment

The good thing about this I guess is that a SG show is finally getting a female lead (i mean, Sam was cool but she wasn't THE lead) and directed by a woman.

To be more on topic, i'm not sure our ship is going to get addressed ever again on screen. Unless this series works somehow and next seasons might deal with the team stucked in ancient egypt (ever since i've read Moebius Squared, I kind of wanted something about altSam and Jack's kid getting dragged into adventures somehow... there are so few fanfics about this and I was foolishly considering the possibility of this as a premise for the new show for a tiny moment... then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the novels aren't considered close to canon by tv writers). They say they might explore more "origins" stories if this story with Catherine works. But i don't see any "origins" story that could feature our ship (from our universe) in some ways.

Actually, i'm trying to think of what kind of origin stories could be told besides Catherine's. Teal'c ? Vala's (actually, this one could be interesting, i guess) ? It could only involve the alien characters... as their past are the most SG relevant. Sam, Daniel and Jack's past are disconnected from the stargate (i mean, jack's black ops days/former marriage, Sam's childhood/enrolling in the airforce, Daniel's childhood and getting shunned for his theories... nothing that would involve the gate in interesting ways *and they can't remake the original movie's story... unless they're planning to retcon it to fit the shows more* sure, we know Catherine's story already... but I can see the appeal somewhat... even if there won't be any gate travel... save for Ernest being lost... but i somehow expect this to end the story).
                          My Tumblr.
                          My Tumblr Art Blog.
                          My Deviantart page.

Comment

This is your 1 week warning for Ship Day!!
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

So, after 10 years, Photobucket is going to have to go. I'm pretty disappointed that they've changed their policies so that if you want to display content on external sites, you have to pay for a premium account. It saddens me as well, since, of course, this means that a ton - probably most - of the picspaming done around here over the years is all gone.

Considering Ship Day is only a few days away, I'd like to find a new site to house my photos and gifs (and post on external sites) for free ... does anyone know of any good options?
                              sigpic

Comment

Makes me sad too. I miss pic spamming
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X