Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Personally, I like fluff! There's entirely too much angst in my life right now. Plus, Sam and Jack have been angsted enough. They deserve their Happily Ever After.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

i'm currently reading the sg1 novel 'roswell'. some nice shippiness.

(i'm about 1/2 through)
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

end of pic spam

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        I couldn't agree more - and yet I do read 100% fluffy stories from time to time, I guess it depends on my current emotional state

Have you read The Road to Hell by Vinividivinci?
                        Ooh I haven't. Thanks for the recommendation, it'll go to the top of my list.

And thanks for the mini-pic spam.
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

You're welcome it's not an easy story to read, Jack really gets whumped, poor man

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                            I think that way too, for me the angst continues the established UST and angst from the show, including it in fics makes a smooth transition and as you say J4S you then get the emotional pay-off. I think I must be a cave dweller although I do vacation in the fluff clouds. I can't bear fics that are all fluff, to me its unrealistic and the happy ending doesn't have the same kick as you get from an angst ridden story. I find the best fics work with an element of angst, for example the ones with Sam and Jack trapped off world have that 'what happens when they get home' undertone which keeps the angst in there. At the moment I'm looking through the Sam and Jack with kids fic list and seem to be picking out all those trapped-off-world fics.

I'm loving Light Up J4S, angst riddled with mini fluffy moments, perfect combination. As Amara says, we're not going to fire you for not being finished - just promise us an update on ship day and we won't have to find pointy sticks to poke you with (maybe Janet can lend us some huge needles ).
                            Mmm. I don't really like fluffy kid fics usually because they feel hollow and unrealistic. But I do enjoy them from time to time, as long as it's not Brady-Bunchy sickeningly sweet. Our ship is so angsty, it's nice to have a fluff overdose every now and then.
                            I don't really read much fic unless the author is known to me to, as I am easily upset by things. I say if you can't take the heat then get out of the fire. I stay out of the fire.

I couldn't agree more - and yet I do read 100% fluffy stories from time to time, I guess it depends on my current emotional state

Have you read The Road to Hell by Vinividivinci?
                            Is that author on GW? Just curious.

What the hell?! Why in realities where they get together does Jack die?! Ten years later and this is still making me sad. !!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                            I don't think any of us are going to fire you if you're not done by ship day.
                            Hear, hear
                            Nice to know there won't be a lynching!
                            The password is fishing...

Comment

I'm going to wait until you're done with the story before reading it!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                I'm going to wait until you're done with the story before reading it!
                                Well thank you for reading it. I figured it would be better this way, as there is so much fic posted on Ship Day and mine will be like a 50,000 word story, so doubtful anyone would have time to read it - everyone will be enjoying the cute one shots and drabbles.
                                The password is fishing...

Comment

Working...
                                X