No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a country song, so I know it's not everybody's cuppa...

(but it has that cheeky humor that we saw in the series at times)

sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

This song makes me think of Jack thinking of Sam...random fangirling:

Spoiler:

"Whatever It Is"
      ~Zac Brown Band

She's got eyes that cut you like a
      Knife and lips that taste like sweet red wine
      And her pretty legs go to heaven every time
      She's got a gentle way that puts me at ease
      When she walks in a room I can hardly breathe
      Got a devastating smile knock a grown man to his knees

She's got whatever it is
      It blows me away
      She's everything I want to say to a woman
      But I couldn't find the words to say
      She's got whatever it is
      I don't know what to do
      And every time I try and tell her how I feel
      it comes out "I love you"
      You got whatever it is

You know I've never been the type that would ever want to stay
      Bring 'em home at night and they're gone the next day
      But that all changed when she walked into my life
      People ask me what it is
      I tell them I don't know
      There's just something about the woman makes my heart go haywire
      She's gonna be my wife

When she loves me
      Girl that's how I feel
      When she loves me I'm on top of the world
      Because when she loves me I can live forever
      When she loves me I am untouchable

sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

It begins today! The 2014 Q3 Quarterly Claiming Challenge (from here on out referred to as Revenge of QCC) is getting another go. After a fairly lackluster performance the first time around we're going to give this thing one last shot. So head on over to the challenge area and make your PCRs!

Rules and FAQs:
        Spoiler:

FAQ:

So far there haven't been ANY questions, let alone frequently asked ones. But here are things we've anticipated. We'll update this section as necessary.

Can I make a challenge/request anonymously?
        Go for it! It might be tough to find out if your challenge has been fulfilled but we absolutely will not make someone air their dark little desires if they'd prefer not to!

What happens if life happens and I can’t complete my challenge response?
        Ideally, you’ll let us know within the claiming period that you’ve changed your mind and we can reopen that challenge for someone else. But no matter when, let us know as soon as possible. We’ll try to adopt that challenge out to someone else in the community and see if it can be fulfilled by the end of the quarter.

What if I want to claim a prompt but I'm not an AO3 member?
        We still encourage you to have an AO3 account, even if you choose not to post your fics here. It allows you to login when leaving comments as well as to make and claim prompts when you'd like play. Shy of that, the Quartermaster will claim that prompt on your behalf.

Hey! Someone claimed a fic I already claimed. What now?
        Well, now we just play nice. The first come/first serve policy is on an honor system. We like one claim per prompt because it will (hopefully) encourage players to fill as many prompts as possible. But, at the end of the day, if someone just HAS to write a fic for a prompt someone has already claimed, don't we all benefit with more fic in the end?

Rules:

Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules! But just in case you're the kind that likes a guideline or two, here's what we've got:

How does it work?

On the first day of each quarter a new claiming challenge will be opened. (That’s January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.)

Challenges can be made during the first month of each quarter. If you're not an AO3 member and would really prefer not to join for any reason at all, please send your prompt info via PM or email to Amara D'Angeli (using whichever service you prefer) and she'll make the prompt for you either anonymously or with your name attached - again, your preference.

Once a challenge is up, it's first come/first serve for claiming. You want to fill that request? Claim it! If you're not on AO3 (and again, if you want to be just ask one of the AO3 members for an invitation, I'm sure we can find someone happy to oblige you) but want to claim the post, let Amara know via PM or email and she'll take care of it for you. (Amara's email is also the challenge email, so you can follow the link.)

There is no minimum nor limit for word count or vid length (unless length was specified as part of the challenge). Works can be shared as soon as they are ready, but for fun we'll reveal anything collected at AO3 on the final day of the quarter. We'd love it if all the works were collected at AO3, but we understand that won't necessarily work for everyone (if you're not a member, many of us have invitations we'd be willing to share - just give us a shout).

Click this icon to be taken directly to the "sign up" (prompt) area. bannerfans_12232681_zps29fa4b68.JPG As we progress, clicking that icon will take you to the most relevant screen at the challenge.

Hope to see you all there!

(As always, if you need an AO3 invite, let me know!)
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Entries are due today. There'll be a little more time as I've got an appointment tonight and won't be home until later than usual to share the responses.

Please note: Tomorrow's WOS prompt (due next week) will be the last prompt. So get in while the getting is good!

Comment

Oh, I wish I could join, Amara! Just have too many things going on right now, but I'm definitely looking forward to everyone else's entries!
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

i was shopping in 'jo-ann fabic and craft stores' today and looking at frames, and i kept seeing married/couple frames that would have been perfect for sam and jack.

this was it - http://www.joann.com/mr-and-mrs-silv...+frame&start=1
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I haven't been in Jo-Ann in awhile...I always spend a small fortune there. However, my sewing machine died (after 30+ years) so I haven't been sewing in awhile.
                sigpic

Comment

Today's final prompt is brought to you by Channach.

Challenge repository at AO3.

Ah, oh I nearly forgot!!

Sam & Jack screen cap fic - Sam's to-do list by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse

Comment

Here is what I submitted for the Quarterly Claiming Challenge. The prompt asked for a screencap fic based on this article:
                    8 Signs You're in the Right Relationship

This was my take on it.
                    Snail Mail -- Jack sends Sam a love letter.

sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Aaaaaw, this is SO sweet, Scully

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                        Here is what I submitted for the Quarterly Claiming Challenge. The prompt asked for a screencap fic based on this article:
                        8 Signs You're in the Right Relationship

This was my take on it.
                        Snail Mail -- Jack sends Sam a love letter.

wonderful!!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy 4th of July to all our American friends!

Comment

S/J would be at "the cabin" right now. ROFLOL - I have to say that the funniest thing I've discovered in Minnesota is that everyone talks about going to "the cabin" - like there's only one and EVERYONE GOES TO IT. Seriously, in the last week I've heard three people say they were going to "the cabin".

I think Jack's having a party and no one invited me

Comment

Happy 4th of July!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X