No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend the Original Series of Star Trek to anyone who is interested in sociology. I use episodes to illustrate sociological concepts in my classes. Roddenberry had a wonderful way with social commentary in the guise of science fiction. If you look on TOS in light of the rapidly changing society of the time, it is amazingly adroit at hitting the key concerns of humanity. It actually can be very deep (watch a D.C Fontana episode - man, that woman could write) and the series posed questions that many in society didn't want to think about.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
      I think it looks great, SCIMM!
      Thank you very much, brendini

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      Great work! Cutting is never an easy thing to master.
      Thanks Until a week ago I've always used the eraser for cutting, learning about layer masks has made it a lot easier, but not easy - if that makes sense

Comment

As a fan of Trek - all incarnations, though admittedly I watched Enterprise sporadically, I personally liked the reboot AND the originals. My "gateway drug" was VOY and then TNG and the rest followed (those darn tribbles!)

The originals I would watch for the story, and make allowances for the effects, which, if you think about what was around and available, are actually fairly impressive in the TNG-DS9-VOY overlap era. I love those characters. Though I think one of the reasons nowadays it doesn't catch on is that

As a fan of Stargate, I think it's too soon for a reboot completely. I'd rather they gave us a completely original movie/show using the same mythos but a different cast of characters if they wanted to reboot. That way we'll have the universe that we loved but new characters to play with! For example, they could just start at the SGC with a completely different team of 4, maybe Sam & Jack there to hand off the torch (with wedding rings shown!) and off they go on their OWN adventures.

A while back, they said that season 9+10 of SG1 wasn't going to happen (which is why in seasons 7-8 they kept on making the finales as if they were series finales), instead it was to be replaced with a show called "Stargate command" - I like that concept better. Show us what those marines do when they're not called into the gate room! Show us more of Siler's and Walter's work (maybe...). Show us the other side that we've not seen before. Actually, now we can say, show us what goes on at Homeworld Command (Jack can "consult" - I believe he's past the age of retiriement by now).

However, if I HAD to choose, I'd like an Atlantis Movie with guest appearances by certain SG1 people. I felt that the SGU finale was sufficient as a series finale but that the Atlantis Finale posed several very interesting issues since it left them on earth.

Another idea I'd rather have for a move would be a Disclosure move...but wait, I think a script's already written for that I'd like to see that script made please.

Wow...a long ramble.

Comment

I don't know here else to ask it... Do you guys think Jack O'Neill is an extrovert? I saw a tumblr blog with MBTI types of fictional charactres, and Jack is listed as an ESTP (Doer), I think. He's definitely a proactive person, so I get the "Doer" part, but... an extrovert? I'm not sure. What do you all think?
          Last edited by Raelis; 10 September 2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Ark of the Truth and Continuum are playing on SyFy today!

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
              I don't know here else to ask it... Do you guys think Jack O'Neill is an extrovert? I saw a tumblr blog with MBTI types of fictional charactres, and Jack is listed as an ESTP (Doer), I think. He's definitely a proactive person, so I get the "Doer" part, but... an extrovert? I'm not sure. What do you all think?
              Lots of "Doers" are introverts, so I'd say given his preferences of being alone on his down time (if he doesn't have some sort of other obligation), he's an introvert. He hates big crowds and being the center of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Lots of "Doers" are introverts, so I'd say given his preferences of being alone on his down time (if he doesn't have some sort of other obligation), he's an introvert. He hates big crowds and being the center of attention.
                I agree. He's not very warm and fuzzy about getting out there and being with people.
                sigpic

----------
                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                  I agree. He's not very warm and fuzzy about getting out there and being with people.
                  To be fair, neither am I lol
                  Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                    Except he does appear to have the busiest social life from all of SG-1, considering his Friday night poker games with the local sheriff and others

I do agree on him being an introvert, though.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

According to GateWorld's calendar it is josiane's birthday on Wednesday the 11th of Septmeber

Happy Birthday Josi!!!
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Anyone who wants to see Sam tell Jack that she's pregnant, you can do that now, because my SGA story is done!
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          It was the E in ESTP ("Doer") that confused me. I guess, according to MBTI, doers are all extroverts.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Except he does appear to have the busiest social life from all of SG-1, considering his Friday night poker games with the local sheriff and others

I do agree on him being an introvert, though.
                          I forgot about the poker games. I was mostly thinking about his other preferred ways to spend his personal time, like fishing alone or hanging out with a very small group of friends. This is why I always considered him an introvert.

Who do you think Sam is?

Comment

well this thread is sad...
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam, you kill gould on a weekly basis. You're afraid of a few sparks?
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps1dcd5987.jpg

Sam, you kill gould on a weekly basis. You're afraid of a few sparks?

i'm not afraid of sparks! .... i'm just using them as an excuse to get closer to you...

who am i to stop that wonderful idea!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X