Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    Thanks

Me? I don't do beer Is beer the only alcohol Jack drinks?
    He drinks Whiskey or Bourbon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      Thanks

Me? I don't do beer Is beer the only alcohol Jack drinks?
      He's had wine on missions (both red and white) and had empty (red?) wine bottles at his place in Fragile Balance, so presumably drinks it because he enjoys it and not just to be polite to the natives. He also had a bottle of Scotch in Full Alert before Kinsey drank it all, so whisky too.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        He's had wine on missions (both red and white) and had empty (red?) wine bottles at his place in Fragile Balance, so presumably drinks it because he enjoys it and not just to be polite to the natives. He also had a bottle of Scotch in Full Alert before Kinsey drank it all, so whisky too.
        which i would've shot kinsey just for doing that.

Comment

I think the last Scotch wisky I've had was a bottle of Chivas
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Ugh...Brown liquor bad!
            sigpic

----------
            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I think it was 35 or 40 years ago...
              sigpic

Comment

I think it was 35 or 40 years ago...
                35 to 40 years ago...what?

Comment

uh, since I've had Scotch Wisky...in particular Chivas
                  sigpic

Comment

uh, since I've had Scotch Wisky...in particular Chivas
                    ah.

Comment

You're all making me very thirsty. And I don't really drink beer often!

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                      We have a beer snob in our mist!

Fems, not sure what beer that is he is drinking in the pilot, I don't recognize the label. Maybe it's a Canadian beer (since they shoot in Vancouver) or a microbrew? It may be Dos Equis, a Mexican beer. The bottle looks similar.

Me, I'm more light-amber beers myself. Don't care for the stouts.
                      Can someone screen cap? being a musician, I'm quite familiar with many of the local Vancouver microbrews.

Where is this from? looks behind the scenes....

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                        Where is this from? looks behind the scenes....
                        It is. Sometime in Season 1 by the how dark RDA's hair is.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

A whole bottle?

Hard-core.

I adore Chivas Regal, btw.

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                          Can someone screen cap? being a musician, I'm quite familiar with many of the local Vancouver microbrews.
                          Tisk! Musicians.

fems attached a screen shot about two pages back.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

It's been quiet in here the past few days... So, let me pose some questions in the hopes of getting conversation going again:

When/how do you think Sam and Jack got together?

Did they sneak around while at the SGC or did they wait for their transfers (i.e. post season 8)? Who made the first move? Was dating involved and if so, what kind and when? Did it happen at the cabin or somewhere completely unexpected? Were the guys aware of the change of the relationship (or perhaps even present when changes began) or did they wait until later to tell them? Are they married or just in a committed relationship? Any kids? Etc!

No need to answer all the questions above, they're just a little something to get the imagination going!

What would be your perfect confirmation scene if there was going to be one on-screen, either in the third movie or at a moment of your choosing if you could retcon the show?
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I seriously believe that being very honorable individuals, despite the extremely strong mutual attraction, they observed the regs until after re-assignment and a change in the chain of command. Married or committed relationship? Doesn't really bother me either way. I have never been a proponent for children for them, so that's not something that I think about.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                It's been quiet in here the past few days... So, let me pose some questions in the hopes of getting conversation going again:

When/how do you think Sam and Jack got together?

Did they sneak around while at the SGC or did they wait for their transfers (i.e. post season 8)? Who made the first move? Was dating involved and if so, what kind and when? Did it happen at the cabin or somewhere completely unexpected? Were the guys aware of the change of the relationship (or perhaps even present when changes began) or did they wait until later to tell them? Are they married or just in a committed relationship? Any kids? Etc!

No need to answer all the questions above, they're just a little something to get the imagination going!

What would be your perfect confirmation scene if there was going to be one on-screen, either in the third movie or at a moment of your choosing if you could retcon the show?
                                The "how did they get together" question has been addressed before, but for the sake of conversation, I'll participate.

There was no sneaking around at the SGC. The characters are consistently and continuously presented to us as being too honorable for that. It happened whenever they were able to get out from under the frat regs, and I think that it was likely first addressed between the two of them at the cabin at the end of Threads. And I think Teal'c and Daniel were fully aware of when Sam and Jack crossed the rubicon. As members of SG-1, they've been fully aware of the tension between the two of them for a very long time. I think Teal'c and Daniel would sense the abrupt lack of tension and the new contentedness of their friends, and know exactly what it means.

As far as confirmation goes, I have a fondness for the scene I first heard from the lips of Amanda Tapping herself: Where Jack rolls over in bed and Sam's right there beside him, complete with bedhead hair. However, I would also like something a bit less implicit and more domestic intimacy. For example, I would love to see a scene where someone is briefing Sam and Jack on a situation while they are all in the O'Neill kitchen, where Sam and Jack are prepping to leave, and in the chaos, the two of them move so seamlessly around each other that it's immediately clear that a) they are still an effective team, and b) they are completely and utterly comfortable with each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X