• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drabble Prompt #8
    Irregular Orbit

Spoiler:

“Sir, Just Go!”

“NO!”

Jack couldn’t believe how much anger and anguish came from him uttering that word. He didn’t want to leave her behind. That was against his code. He saw how she looked. she looked like she would break down and cry at any moment.

No words were needed as they just looked at one another during what could’ve been their last moments before Jaffa came waltzing around that corner. It was lucky the C4 went off when it did. He couldn't bare to think what his life would be like without her in it. his world would've been in an irregular orbit.

Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 20 July 2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Drabble Prompt #8
      Irregular Orbit

Spoiler:

The alien meteor shower was incredible and to Sam it was a definite perk of being stationed in a different galaxy.

Jack pulled her tighter to his chest. “I’ve run out of wishes to make.”

“If our calculations are correct you have all night to come up with more,” she said, smiling.

“I like the sound of that.”

“The comet’s irregular orbit due to gravitational perturbations means it’ll be another five hundred years before it’ll be back to leave more meteoroids–”

He kissed her neck before pulling her down on the blanket. “I love it when you talk dirty.”

Finally came up with something. Decided to take a more literal approach to the prompt than make it about Sam and Jack's love/feelings, since everyone else had already given us such nice drabbles about that.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I was able to green most everyone, but not quite - still have to spread it around a little more. SO ----
        sigpic

Comment

I love that gif Nola, so cute
          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Jack's cabin was featured in tonight's "Primeval". The cabin, the outbuilding, the lake/pond, the surrounding area, and ... dinosaur's stalking people there.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Jack's cabin was featured in tonight's "Primeval". The cabin, the outbuilding, the lake/pond, the surrounding area, and ... dinosaur's stalking people there.
              There's a fic there somewhere.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

here's one of that kiss without the box in front of them

sigpic

Comment

Sooooooooooo....watch the crystal skull ep just a few days ago....

And today I heard this on the news

http://news.phy.duke.edu/2013/07/new...ron-neutrinos/

Apparently someone has now observed a "muon neutrino to electron neutrino transformation". Which is cool but when they announced this on the radio, all I could think about was Jack and his nintendos and how he made her smile in that scene.

here's a transcript from The Crystal Skull (spoilered for length)
                  Spoiler:

DANIEL
                  Definitely Mayan. This is a major find, I have to see this.
                  O'NEILL
                  Any signs of life there?
                  CARTER
                  There is a breathable atmosphere, sir, but no complex life signs.
                  [On the computer, the MALP enters the pyramid. It comes to a huge cavern, filled with stalagmites.]
                  CARTER
                  This is a major find. I have to see this.
                  O'NEILL
                  You too?
                  CARTER
                  Well look at these readings, sir. These are leptons.
                  O'NEILL
                  Get out.
                  CARTER
                  That means something inside this pyramid is slowing down neutrinos. Normally neutrinos pass right through ordinary matter, no matter how dense. I mean, something like five hundred million billion just passed through you.
                  O'NEILL
                  No matter how dense?
                  CARTER
                  A material that slows neutrinos could change everything we know about physics, the formation of the universe…

<snip>

FRASIER
                  Colonel I can only guess the effect this type of radiation may have on the human body. I recommend limited exposure, ten, fifteen minutes at most.
                  DANIEL
                  Wait a minute, that's not enough time. I mean, there has to be some sort of radiation suit or…
                  O'NEILL
                  Hey. If you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.
                  DANIEL
                  I heard.
                  [Carter smiles.]
                  O'NEILL
                  Everything.

anyone have a screen cap of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    There's a fic there somewhere.
                    Like what happened during Uninvited in an alternate reality? That episode was so awful (sorry for those who liked it) and the plot idea kinda lame (reminded me of Sight Unseen and those parasites looked kinda like Ma'chello's devices) so dinosaurs would be an improvement.
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Like what happened during Uninvited in an alternate reality? That episode was so awful (sorry for those who liked it) and the plot idea kinda lame (reminded me of Sight Unseen and those parasites looked kinda like Ma'chello's devices) so dinosaurs would be an improvement.
                        They definitely would. That episode was awful - the creature at the end was laughable.
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

that title confuses me.

*goes to write*

Spoiler:

- Irregular Orbit -

Daniel is staring at a train wreck in motion. Sam, Jack, and Pete, all standing next to each other and talking. And all trying to make nice. If he wasn't already nauseous from forced-on-him-by-Jack beer, he'd throw up from this.

But it was interesting in a anthropologist sort of way. The Amazon Queen, being courted by Jimmy Olsen and Superman. Oy.

Daniel suddenly turned away, feeling guilty for enjoying this so much. It really was sad, because Pete's irregular orbit around Sam was sadly punctuated by Sam's magnetic pull towards Jack.

And all three were so oblivious.

Daniel got up to get another beer.

"Sam's magnetic pull towards Jack"

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          here's one of that kiss without the box in front of them

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...s.gif~original
                          Excellent new gif, Nola

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                            Sooooooooooo....watch the crystal skull ep just a few days ago....

And today I heard this on the news

http://news.phy.duke.edu/2013/07/new...ron-neutrinos/

Apparently someone has now observed a "muon neutrino to electron neutrino transformation". Which is cool but when they announced this on the radio, all I could think about was Jack and his nintendos and how he made her smile in that scene.

here's a transcript from The Crystal Skull (spoilered for length)
                            Spoiler:

DANIEL
                            Definitely Mayan. This is a major find, I have to see this.
                            O'NEILL
                            Any signs of life there?
                            CARTER
                            There is a breathable atmosphere, sir, but no complex life signs.
                            [On the computer, the MALP enters the pyramid. It comes to a huge cavern, filled with stalagmites.]
                            CARTER
                            This is a major find. I have to see this.
                            O'NEILL
                            You too?
                            CARTER
                            Well look at these readings, sir. These are leptons.
                            O'NEILL
                            Get out.
                            CARTER
                            That means something inside this pyramid is slowing down neutrinos. Normally neutrinos pass right through ordinary matter, no matter how dense. I mean, something like five hundred million billion just passed through you.
                            O'NEILL
                            No matter how dense?
                            CARTER
                            A material that slows neutrinos could change everything we know about physics, the formation of the universe…

<snip>

FRASIER
                            Colonel I can only guess the effect this type of radiation may have on the human body. I recommend limited exposure, ten, fifteen minutes at most.
                            DANIEL
                            Wait a minute, that's not enough time. I mean, there has to be some sort of radiation suit or…
                            O'NEILL
                            Hey. If you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.
                            DANIEL
                            I heard.
                            [Carter smiles.]
                            O'NEILL
                            Everything.

anyone have a screen cap of that?
                            The entire scene or just parts of it?

clickable thumbnail:

Comment

*looks around for next prompt*

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #9
                                Never Again

Comment

Working...
                                X