Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    Colleen Rennison who played Cassandra in Rite of Passage (and Ally in Bane).
    Ah. Haven't gotten to those episodes yet.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

A Moment in Time:

Spoiler:
      Most of the world believed time only flowed one way, but Sam knew better.

She hoped she knew better.

Her strength fading she pulled herself to where Jack lay with dead eyes and grasped his hand.

Ignoring the chaos around her she whispered to him, “We’ll do it better next time.”

The moment seem to stretch and pull like the elastic on a slingshot. All was taught and still, then . . .

SNAP

Time moved backwards at a speed beyond reckoning and a bloodstained note tumbled through the Stargate onto the metal ramp.

Jack read, Sam standing beside him.

Comment

I've been trying to keep up with all the drabble contributions and thought I'd share what I've collected thus far. Please let me know if I've missed any.

nei: 1-3
        Chemmy: 1-6 (Still at work and frustrated because she can't add 7. )
        fems: 1-6
        hd (That's me. ): 1-6
        Ikorni: 1-6
        Amara: 1-6
        trin: 1-5
        LCJS: 1-6
        Sparky: 1-2
        Ryan: 1-7 (5 was art only)
        Sally: 1-6
        Cairistiona: 1-6
        roque: 1-5
        SaraB: 1
        Jody: 1
        brendini: 2
        Muse: 1-6 (Gifs)
        Nola: 1-5 (Art); 6 (Art + Drabble) [not sure about 7 because Apophis pic/drabble wasn't shippy - let me know your intentions]
        Picardy: 4

This list is very impressive. Each prompt has received 12 to 17 contributions with a total of over 8000 words thus far.

Keep it up Shippers!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          I've been trying to keep up with all the drabble contributions and thought I'd share what I've collected thus far. Please let me know if I've missed any.

Spoiler:
          nei: 1-3
          Chemmy: 1-6 (Still at work and frustrated because she can't add 7. )
          fems: 1-6
          hd (That's me. ): 1-6
          Ikorni: 1-6
          Amara: 1-6
          trin: 1-5
          LCJS: 1-6
          Sparky: 1-2
          Ryan: 1-7 (5 was art only)
          Sally: 1-6
          Cairistiona: 1-6
          roque: 1-5
          SaraB: 1
          Jody: 1
          brendini: 2
          Muse: 1-6 (Gifs)
          Nola: 1-5 (Art); 6 (Art + Drabble) [not sure about 7 because Apophis pic/drabble wasn't shippy - let me know your intentions]
          Picardy: 4

This list is very impressive. Each prompt has received 12 to 17 contributions with a total of over 8000 words thus far.

Keep it up Shippers!
          Way to go shippers! Woohoo!
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

My triumph drabble...

Spoiler:

On the first day, Jack recognises no one. Sam slips her hand into his, but he flings it away roughly and cries out for the sarcophagus.

On the fifth day, he curses her name. Unperturbed, she sits through the uncontrolled vitriol he hurls at her, her silent tears the only plea for forgiveness that he cannot give.

On the tenth day, he seizes, still strapped down as sick need flays his body. Guilt grows to astronomical proportions as she lives through the consequences of her actions.

On the twentieth day, he surfaces, disoriented. She’s still there, riding out the storm.

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Time to update that list, hlndncr!

Drabble Prompt #7
              Triumph

Spoiler:

It had been a long week but Carter had finally been able to join him at their place in DC and Jack had made a celebratory dinner. He raised his glass in a toast and smiled at his wife. “To ridding the universe of the Ori.”

“Hear, hear,” Sam said, clinking his glass with hers.

“And no more major bad guys in our galaxy,” he added, before they both took a sip.

She looked at him pensively. “Maybe now it’s time for me to finally move on from SG-1.”

Jack reached for her hand and squeezed it. “Maybe… we’ll see.”
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Are the drabbles getting harder or is it just me?
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  i can't sleep, i'm so nervous about my college math final tommrow so i wrote this in like an hour and a half. i don't know if i should continue it or not and it's untitled so right now it's just "Untitled"

Spoiler:

The little 4 year old blonde boy and his 5 year old brunette sister ran up the path to their school gates. She smiled as they did. Turning round she headed back home. A couple of years ago her and her husband moved back to Colorado Springs with their children. Her home was only a 10 minute walk away, and she walked it everyday. Nothing changed each time. The same people would pass her by. But today was different. She ran into him. She hadn't seen him in almost 8 years.

“We shouldn’t be doing this.” He said as she slowly unbuttoned his shirt. “You're getting married in two weeks.”

“Stop me then.” She told him as her lifted her top over her head.

Despite his feeble protests he didn't once try to stop her. He didn't want to stop her. He had been waiting for this moment all his life. And yet as much as he knew it was wrong to be doing this it felt so right. She knew it was wrong. She knew she was getting married. She didn't care. Sure she loved her fiancée. But at the same time wanted him so badly

Now he stood in front of her, with a look of shock on his face. She was equally shocked. She hadn't seen him since her wedding. It wasn't until 4 months later she knew she had made a big mistake.

“Congratulations Mrs. Shanahan, you're pregnant.”

Her heart sank. She knew at that moment it wasn't Pete's and that it was Jack's. But how could she tell Pete that. She really needed to talk to Jack but he'd left Colorado. And never returned. So she turned to Cassie.

“Cassie?”

“Yeah?”

“I'm pregnant.” She put her hand up to silence Cassie before she started congratulating. “It isn't Pete's.”

“What?”

“It's Jack's.”

“Carter?”

“Glad to see you still recognize me.” She said with her megawatt smile.

“Yeah well how could I forget you with your way of words and all of your ever so charming comments.” He said jokingly. “God it really has been years though. The last time I saw you was…” he trailed off.

He had thought of the last time he had seen her. It had been the day of her wedding. And she had just reached the top of the altar. He was one of Pete's groomsman. He protested at first but after she convinced him to do it for her, he reluctantly agreed. He felt so guilty standing there. Then she came up. She was smiling but her eyes weren't. She looked straight at him over Pete's shoulder. His eyes, he knew, were filled with hurt and guilt. Hers were the same, yet he couldn't' realize why she was hurting. She was the one marrying the one she loved. He wasn't. He left Colorado not long after that. And hadn't returned until 3 days ago.

“Well I'd love to stick around and chat…but I got to go. Call me so we can catch up another time.” He told her, pressing a small piece of paper into her hand.

He dropped his gaze to the ground and carried on walking, leaving her standing there watching him absolutely speechless. Slowly she continued her walk home, wondering what had actually just happened and what to do next.

let me know what you think.
                  No offense, but that makes Sam look horrible - regardless of whether she and Jack eventually get together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                    My triumph drabble...

Spoiler:

On the first day, Jack recognises no one. Sam slips her hand into his, but he flings it away roughly and cries out for the sarcophagus.

On the fifth day, he curses her name. Unperturbed, she sits through the uncontrolled vitriol he hurls at her, her silent tears the only plea for forgiveness that he cannot give.

On the tenth day, he seizes, still strapped down as sick need flays his body. Guilt grows to astronomical proportions as she lives through the consequences of her actions.

On the twentieth day, he surfaces, disoriented. She’s still there, riding out the storm.

Ooh, the angst! Lovely. SJ_green.gif
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Are the drabbles getting harder or is it just me?
                      I only had problems with the previous one... or no, I also delayed another one. Anyway, this one came to me easily. I'm just hoping the coming prompts will still fit into my little universe! Only SGA's fourth season, Continuum and maybe a bit of SGU left to play with...
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Ooh, the angst! Lovely.
                        Heh, thanks. And I was really hoping to do more comic stuff this time around but my head didn't cooperate. Even more so considering I'm not one who deliberately dives into angst. *smacks head*

I probably need XFChemist here to toss me into her fluff clouds.
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I only had problems with the previous one... or no, I also delayed another one. Anyway, this one came to me easily. I'm just hoping the coming prompts will still fit into my little universe! Only SGA's fourth season, Continuum and maybe a bit of SGU left to play with...
                          Chronological order, eh? They're fitting very well and I sure you'll find a way to fit the rest in. Just 3 more to go!
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Heh, thanks. And I was really hoping to do more comic stuff this time around but my head didn't cooperate. Even more so considering I'm not one who deliberately dives into angst. *smacks head*

I probably need XFChemist here to toss me into her fluff clouds.
                            Someone open up a whole in that cave; I think Ikorni is suffocating down there!

Comment

Chronological order, eh? They're fitting very well and I sure you'll find a way to fit the rest in. Just 3 more to go!
                              Yep, turned out I found a theme a few drabbles back and since those were all chronological I figured I should keep it up!

Personally, I'm a bigger fan of angst than comic drabbles so I'm very pleased that your head isn't cooperating!
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

My word, the angst these last two prompts have inspired!!
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X