Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    I'm sure I remember a really awkward moment where Jack asks Sam about how Pete is (he's actually really cute when he asks like he's trying to be nice) and she just replies with "...You know what it's like" and looks like she's chewing a wasp. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of a good relationship, even if she is speaking to Jack and it's awkward. I can't remember the episode.
    That was Chimera, after she wouldn't tell him what her job was and he had his little tanty. I was both pleased to see things turn bad and outraged. That was so, so hard for her to let someone in, she was so vulnerable, and the first thing he does is hurt her. Wish Jack was in the position to kick his ass.
    The password is fishing...

Comment

Gotta have a little word about images....and this applies to ALL images. JPG, GIF, anything.

Physically, they cannot be more than 700 pixels wide.

In addition they cannot be more than 100K. These limits apply if the images are visible or if they are tucked behind spoiler tags.

Anyone posting images that are too large can have their posts deleted.

You can check the size of your images by right clicking on them and choosing 'view image info' or 'properties'.

if you have any questions, please ask.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i do too. *vomit smiley*

but at least in 'affinity', she's miserable.
        Oh yeah.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I shudder at the idea of both of them.
        Couldn't have said it better.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Sky. Sometimes folks get caught up in the lovely images and forget to check the size limits.
          sigpic

Comment

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (13)
            vs.

Season 8: Sacrifices: The hallway scene with much touching (7)

I just love them acting like a married couple.
            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (13)
              vs.

Season 8: Sacrifices: The hallway scene with much touching (8)

I love both these moments. I guess I'm just in the mood for the old married couple tonight.

Tonight's winner: Jack holds Sam

Comment

Alright, is every body ready for the final round of our Best Shippy Moment tournament?!

This is your last chance. Be sure to let your voice be heard and vote!

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is mesmerized by Sam’s naked bod

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier

Comment

twitter suggested i follow 'mind blowing facts'. i looked at some of their tweets, and this caught my eye: "Penguins only have one mate their entire life and sometimes they “propose” by giving their mate a pebble."

and
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I never understood the penguin reference...help? anyone?
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier(1)

Tough one! But the DK scene had so much more emotional significance especially as it was right after Sam had begun 'letting him go'. So it was great to see Jack 'holding on' to her. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        twitter suggested i follow 'mind blowing facts'. i looked at some of their tweets, and this caught my eye: "Penguins only have one mate their entire life and sometimes they “propose” by giving their mate a pebble."

and
                        I assumed that was where the penguin thing came from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                          I never understood the penguin reference...help? anyone?
                          See Mala's Penguin Page for history.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

I take your point but I don't think they'd swear off being in a relationship if one lost the other. I don't think they'd want that for each other either. So I can see them in a relationship with someone else if the other passed away. Perhaps not with the intensity they had together but I can see it happening.

I can see Jack being alone for the rest of his life if Sam died while on a mission with "Hammond", but I think Sam would get together with someone else if Jack died. (In "2010" Jack was alone at the cabin, while in "Unending" if we're to believe the commentaries Sam got together with Teal'c, Jack being "dead" to her in a sense)
                            Of the two, I've always thought Jack was more loyal than Sam...
                            jmho

Comment

Over in the game section, in the Hurt & Heal Extreme game, Jack really needs help in beating Todd the Wraith. If you subscribe to the thread, you'll be reminded every day to vote. Jack thanks you.

Comment

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (2)

Post-whump moments always win out over gutter moments in my book. Death Knells wins for me because it is an incredibly rare moment when all defenses are down, there is no second-guessing, no doubts. Nothing but the unadulterated bond between them, and the comfort they give each other in being alive. There's such undeniable relief on both their parts at the end of Death Knell that it takes my breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X