Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    Kinda. It's just the latest one of a large number of fics that uses this plot. Though it was well written, it's not my cup of tea!
    Me neither.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (1)

vs.

Season 8: Sacrifices: The hallway scene with much touching (2)

After our last conversation about this moment it has grown on me.
      The password is fishing...

Comment

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier(1)

vs.

Season 8: Sacrifices: The hallway scene with much touching (3)

Im afraid i have to go for the acting like an old married couple, and mainly cos its not the only time they act like. People in the SGC must have an idea whats going on, and i bet the stories in fics about people betting on them becoming a couple were true too
        sigpic
        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (2)

vs.

Season 8: Sacrifices: The hallway scene with much touching (3)

I've got to go with DK because the other one is kinda ruined by the fact that Sam's engaged to someone else, while her relationship with Pete is still kinda new during DK and even though she has Pete she still leans into Jack for comfort...
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

I've got to go with DK because the other one is kinda ruined by the fact that Sam's engaged to someone else, while her relationship with Pete is still kinda new during DK and even though she has Pete she still leans into Jack for comfort...
              That's the exact problem I have with voting for any scene in late S7 - S8. Because Shanahan's in the picture (whether engaged or not), I can't fully appreciate the S/J moments. So unless I go with the interpretation that Shanahan's an illusion of Sam's because of her head injury...then all bets are off.

So maybe I'd not vote in these rounds.
              Last edited by Ikorni; 19 April 2013, 12:44 AM.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                That's the exact problem I have with voting for any scene in late S7 - S8. Because Shanahan's in the picture (whether engaged or not), I can't fully appreciate the S/J moments. So unless I go with the interpretation that Shanahan's an illusion of Sam's because of her head injury...then all bets are off.

So maybe I'd not vote in these rounds.
                Yeah, I get what you're saying. To me DK is maybe only a week or two after Chimera and Sam's, eh, new intimate relationship, so while it's all still new and exciting Pete probably wouldn't have even crossed her mind while she was running for her life. Now, Jack on the other hand... yeah, she's just immensely relieved he's there and wants his comfort after her ordeal. Now, later on, somewhere in mid-season 8 I guess, after her engagement I would expect her to think more about her fiance when she's in a life-threatening situation because they're closer and more involved... although I never really got the impression that was actually true and if not for Affinity and later the scene with Pete in Threads I probably would have forgotten that she was actually involved with someone other than Jack.

Not sure if that says more about me (and my preference for S/J ship) or about Sam and how she handles her relationship...
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Yeah, I get what you're saying. To me DK is maybe only a week or two after Chimera and Sam's, eh, new intimate relationship, so while it's all still new and exciting Pete probably wouldn't have even crossed her mind while she was running for her life. Now, Jack on the other hand... yeah, she's just immensely relieved he's there and wants his comfort after her ordeal. Now, later on, somewhere in mid-season 8 I guess, after her engagement I would expect her to think more about her fiance when she's in a life-threatening situation because they're closer and more involved... although I never really got the impression that was actually true and if not for Affinity and later the scene with Pete in Threads I probably would have forgotten that she was actually involved with someone other than Jack.

Not sure if that says more about me (and my preference for S/J ship) or about Sam and how she handles her relationship...
                  The whole arc with Shanahan is so surreal to me, to the point of disbelief really (and I'm being very polite here) that I think this says even more about my shippy glasses.

After all, the definition of Chimera is: an illusion or fabrication of the mind; especially, an unrealisable dream... At least for me.
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

The whole arc with Shanahan is so surreal to me, to the point of disbelief really (and I'm being very polite here) that I think this says even more about my shippy glasses.

After all, the definition of Chimera is: an illusion or fabrication of the mind; especially, an unrealisable dream... At least for me.
                    LOL. I do believe that was polite coming from you Ikorni. I know you have some strong feelings about Grace onwards. Personally I enjoyed getting to see the softer side of Sam that we all knew was there. I feel some of the male SG fans had a really hmm, shall we say "strong, stereotypical, ball-buster" image of her? Like some got that image of her from season 1 and just got stuck on that. It was nice hearing my ideas of her unfold on screen. By that I mean everything Jacob said to her during Grace, like she was content, but longing for more and yearning to be loved but afraid after all the pain shed suffered in the past. At the same time, my stomach was in knots at where they were leading - letting the J/S ship sink for good. I thought it would be resolved quickly, and it was just a fake-out for them getting together in the season 7 finale, but then they carried on with it another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                      LOL. I do believe that was polite coming from you Ikorni. I know you have some strong feelings about Grace onwards. Personally I enjoyed getting to see the softer side of Sam that we all knew was there. I feel some of the male SG fans had a really hmm, shall we say "strong, stereotypical, ball-buster" image of her? Like some got that image of her from season 1 and just got stuck on that. It was nice hearing my ideas of her unfold on screen. By that I mean everything Jacob said to her during Grace, like she was content, but longing for more and yearning to be loved but afraid after all the pain shed suffered in the past. At the same time, my stomach was in knots at where they were leading - letting the J/S ship sink for good. I thought it would be resolved quickly, and it was just a fake-out for them getting together in the season 7 finale, but then they carried on with it another year.
                      I thought the softer side of Sam was always there, in episodes like Singularity, where Sam bonded with Cassandra and refused to leave her. Can't remember the other instances off-hand but I do think they're there. So I didn't need something so contrived in 'Grace' (in my opinion) where it's all a hallucination/a play of the subconscious.

For me, that turned out like a bad story where fantastic things happen....only for it to be a big dream (the kind I used to write when I was 8 or 9!).
                      Last edited by Ikorni; 19 April 2013, 01:54 AM.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I thought the softer side of Sam was always there, in episodes like Singularity, where Sam bonded with Cassandra and refused to leave her. Can't remember the other instances off-hand but I do think they're there. So I didn't need something so contrived in 'Grace' (in my opinion) where it's all a hallucination/a play of the subconscious.

For me, that turned out like a bad story where fantastic things happen....only for it to be a big dream (the kind I used to write when I was 8 or 9!).
                        But in Grace we finally get confirmation about Sam's feelings for Jack and how strong they are (she suggested resigning from the AF, after all) and I always enjoy a Sam-centered episode (except Chimera, obviously), much prefer those to the Daniel or Teal'c episodes...
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

But in Grace we finally get confirmation about Sam's feelings for Jack and how strong they are (she suggested resigning from the AF, after all) and I always enjoy a Sam-centered episode (except Chimera, obviously), much prefer those to the Daniel or Teal'c episodes...
                          Positive spin on 'Grace' to make me feel a little better! Trust you, fems!
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Well, it did give us this...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-a...is-my-muse.gif
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 April 2013, 01:59 PM. Reason: Oversized on KB.Tags changed.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Other than the kiss, I can't actually watch Grace as it's far too sad and angsty for me. I know lots of others like that. Not for me though.
                              I also didn't like Ascension. :/ Which fell along the same lines for me. Apart from T's cowboy hat and Jack trying to get a look at Sams date. LOL.

Comment

Would have been better if it was REAL though Fems.

Comment

Working...
                                X