No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone - I think I just feel blah because it all happened at one time!

RL Update
    Spoiler:
    It doesn't look good for my grandmother. That's the one that's unexpected - we've been thinking it was my grandfather that was going first and worrying about how she was going to handle it when he was gone. In the end, they both have always talked about wanting to go together, so I suppose they won't miss each other but by a few months tops. I think the hard part is that I'm in Minnesota and my family is down south. I'm used to being far away - military brat - but there are days when it sucks. I want to support them, but I'm here.

We're sending my husband to his family to go to the funeral (thank you to my mom and dad for buying the ticket because God knows we couldn't afford it). Me and the kiddo will be here by ourselves for a few days, but we have a great little community.

I'm just drained. I've never been the overly emotional type - I think I feel things differently, more physical in a sense that I just get more tired, but I don't tend to feel overwhelmed. It just all sort of hit at once. Life is life. It's never without it's afflictions.

Yay for distractions of happy S/J

Comment

Gosh it seems like I've been absent for quite a while and now so much is going on with so many shippers.

It feels like we just need to grab each others hands, hold on and encourage each other. So this is me, holding hands and saying I'm standing with you.

**shippers**

Sorry if the timing on posting the fic now seems inappropriate. I really had just popped in to drop it off since I was really overdue in posting and so was not previously aware of all the rl issues going on.
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
          Gosh it seems like I've been absent for quite a while and now so much is going on with so many shippers.

It feels like we just need to grab each others hands, hold on and encourage each other. So this is me, holding hands and saying I'm standing with you.

**shippers**

Sorry if the timing on posting the fic now seems inappropriate. I really had just popped in to drop it off since I was really overdue in posting and so was not previously aware of all the rl issues going on.
          I think given the nature of the thread, it's definitely appropriate Many of us come here to forget/find distractions from RL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            I think given the nature of the thread, it's definitely appropriate Many of us come here to forget/find distractions from RL!!
            Exactly! The last thing I want right now is to constantly dwell on RL. S/J is a happy respite, and for me at least S/J fic is always welcome.

Comment

Is it sad that the highlight of my day is leaving work behind at the office and coming home to see who's online? I often gripe that the world is becoming so technologically dependent, and yet, I take so much enjoyment from hanging here.

I know... it's a hypercriticism. But still... I love it here!
              Last edited by selene0789; 04 January 2012, 05:28 PM. Reason: gobbled post re-do

Comment

sam/jack's my happy place too!

((( and shippers)))
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  Is it sad that the highlight of my day is leaving work behind at the office and coming home to see who's online? I often gripe that the world is becoming so technologically dependent, and yet, I take so much enjoyment from hanging here.

This is the place to be!!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

You know what's funny is that I think it's made being a housewife infinitely more fun. I do chores, play with my son, etc, etc, but then I take mini breaks and pop in and see what the world is doing. Far from the 1950s model, I see the world as its happening through my virtual window and I get to chat with people all over the world, thus making myself cultured.

And I get to squee over something as awesome as S/J

(And now, I do things like digitally scrapbook and I write, so I spend a great deal of time on the computer - it's also great for an introvert like me who gets exhausted with her extroverted little boy, to "hide" as it were with the computer).

Comment

Many prayers and good thoughts for all tonight ...

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

**shippers**

I thought this was beautiful and definitely not inappropriate. I just love that we are able to stand by one another in our RL problems. Thank goodness for GW!

You know what's funny is that I think it's made being a housewife infinitely more fun. I do chores, play with my son, etc, etc, but then I take mini breaks and pop in and see what the world is doing. Far from the 1950s model, I see the world as its happening through my virtual window and I get to chat with people all over the world, thus making myself cultured.

(And now, I do things like digitally scrapbook and I write, so I spend a great deal of time on the computer - it's also great for an introvert like me who gets exhausted with her extroverted little boy, to "hide" as it were with the computer).
                      Totally agree!
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Hmmm ... another introvert. (*waves at fellow introvert*). Is there any new news about your various family members?

Spare time OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm curious to know what others do with any spare time they may have.

Personally, I have been quilting for at least 10 years. (big quilts, little quilts, lap quilts, baby quilts, wallhangings). I've done some arts and crafts stuff. I learned how to do marbling some years back, and have done lots of it on paper as well as fabric. I've been known to take some really good photos now and then. And I LOVE spending time outdoors - though I much prefer dry, somewhat warmer weather than what we have now.

Comment

I have been watching The Big Bang Theory lately. For anyone not familiar with the show, it's about a group of nerdy scientists, and it's really funny. (Although some of it is not for younger or more sensitive viewers.) I caught one episode a while ago on reruns and thought it was humorous enough that it spawned a ficlet, but hadn't really watched more until lately, when both my husband and I started watching all the episodes. I got all four seasons on DVD for Christmas. He and I have both decide that Sam would think the show was hilarious!

Because I'm new to the series, I started watching them in order, and to my surprise, came across an episode recently that made me squee. There's a Stargate reference in an episode called, "The Cushion Saturation". Although it isn't clear which episode they are referring to, it's still great to hear!

I don't know if I'm smart enough to link videos, but I'll try. . .

sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Hmmm ... another introvert. (*waves at fellow introvert*). Is there any new news about your various family members?

Spare time OT:
                            Spoiler:

Personally, I have been quilting for at least 10 years. (big quilts, little quilts, lap quilts, baby quilts, wallhangings). I've done some arts and crafts stuff. I learned how to do marbling some years back, and have done lots of it on paper as well as fabric. I've been known to take some really good photos now and then. And I LOVE spending time outdoors - though I much prefer dry, somewhat warmer weather than what we have now.
                            I hang out here...LOL

Updates and spare time
                            Spoiler:
                            No news on my grandmother yet. My parents are headed down there because my uncle said that it wasn't looking good. Just dropped hubby off at the airport so he could go to the funeral for his brother in AL.

Spare time - I usually write. I'm revising my first novel (no word on if it'll ever see the light of day). I write fanfic. I write a blog. I write. I write. I write. LOL I run a writing comm on LJ. So I write more.

I also do digital scrapbooking, something new I discovered this past year since all my RL srapbooks are languishing. So much easier. SO MUCH EASIER. And less messy.

I also play video games, watch tv, read books, the usual stuff. Plus I'm a pastor's wife, so I spend some time meeting with people and the like.

My life isn't very exciting, but that's okay. I grew up a military brat and lived all over the world - I'm ready for a little boring.

Comment

And Hedwig--you're funny. What's spare time????
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

*hugs and positive vibes for the shippers that need them*

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Spare time OT:
                                Spoiler:

I hang out in here, in LJ, in YT. I make videos, gifs and banners. I watch tv, listen to music, and go dancing
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X