No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of the original intent, Any further references to this 'moonbase' in future Stargate incarnations is referring to Atlantis being based on the moon post Enemy at the Gate.

I don't happen to care when and in what order it was decided, only that, in the end, that was apparently the decision going forward.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Regardless of the original intent, Any further references to this 'moonbase' in future Stargate incarnations is referring to Atlantis being based on the moon post Enemy at the Gate.

I don't happen to care when and in what order it was decided, only that, in the end, that was apparently the decision going forward.
      But really my point was that the moonbase Sam mentions in Continuum is not Atlantis because in the chronology of the show there were no plans for Atlantis to return to earth at that time. The fact that Atlantis was going to become a moonbase later on (in a movie that now won't be made) is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        But really my point was that the moonbase Sam mentions in Continuum is not Atlantis because in the chronology of the show there were no plans for Atlantis to return to earth at that time. The fact that Atlantis was going to become a moonbase later on (in a movie that now won't be made) is irrelevant.
        i feel the same. and i'd also like to put on my supershippyglasses and pretend it's a code word for 'honeymoon'.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          It's been on Syfy in English. There have been one or two SG1 marathons over the last year, and during a couple of them "Ark of Truth" and "Continuum" have been included in the marathons.
          Just goes to show I haven't been keeping up. I don't even have a working DVD player right now.

Comment

question:

i was watching s6's 'frozen' yesterday on hulu, and the scene where jack is talking to hammond via internet camera, and says the person they dug out of the ice was a female (it has a vagina, sir)... that scene was missing from the hulu presentation. (takes moment to )

so anyways, does anyone remember at what point in the ep that scene comes in?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              question:

i was watching s6's 'frozen' yesterday on hulu, and the scene where jack is talking to hammond via internet camera, and says the person they dug out of the ice was a female (it has a vagina, sir)... that scene was missing from the hulu presentation. (takes moment to )

so anyways, does anyone remember at what point in the ep that scene comes in?
              It's not in the episode, it was an outtake that is mentioned in the commentary. RDA was riffing.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                It's not in the episode, it was an outtake that is mentioned in the commentary. RDA was riffing.
                oh!

i've seen that outtake (but don't have the dvds), so, for me, it's in the episode.

now, i've just finished with 'nightwalkers', and when sam had the symbiote implanted in the back of her neck, wasn't there some dialog between sam and the sheriff, just 'before' the implantation?
                sally

sigpic

Comment

oh!

i've seen that outtake (but don't have the dvds), so, for me, it's in the episode.

now, i've just finished with 'nightwalkers', and when sam had the symbiote implanted in the back of her neck, wasn't there some dialog between sam and the sheriff, just 'before' the implantation?
                  No there's not, but I've always thought there should be. Nice place to have some Sam snarkiness!
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                    No there's not, but I've always thought there should be. Nice place to have some Sam snarkiness!
                    i could swear that the sheriff said something to sam about what he/they were going to do, and we see sam eyeing the case with the symbiote...
                    Last edited by majorsal; 08 July 2011, 06:58 PM.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i could swear that the sheriff said something to sam about what he/they were going to do, and we see sam eyeing the case the the symbiote...
                      I thought so too...TIME FOR A REWATCH>>>*runs off to do that*
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        i'm kinda wondering what the relationship was like between O'Neill (The Special Forces Colonel) and Carter (The Astronaut) in the alternate timeline in continuum.
                        Here is the fic that comes to my mind starring these two versions of Sam and Jack. Sweet and bittersweet... one can only feel sad they never got their happy ending.

How High How Deep by aloquita.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4472957/1/How_High_How_Deep
                        Last edited by Lucycat; 09 July 2011, 06:49 AM.

Comment

i feel the same. and i'd also like to put on my supershippyglasses and pretend it's a code word for 'honeymoon'.
                          Or, perhaps Jack thinks it's a code word for something else?? Check out Project Moon Base by aloquita (as you noticed I've been re-reading her stuff!) It's rated M, so the link is her author's page... http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1184040/a_loquita

There are a lot of fics on her page, this one is #47.
                          Last edited by Lucycat; 09 July 2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Happy belated birthday hlndncr!!

Comment

Rachel's got a new fic!!! Awesome as always! Very angsty too.

Rain Ghost
                              sigpic
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

i could swear that the sheriff said something to sam about what he/they were going to do, and we see sam eyeing the case with the symbiote...
                                I just rewatched it. The scene change is really abrupt and starts with that guy placing a cloth over Sam's face to knock her out. The rest of the scene she's unconscious until they implant the symbiote.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X