No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd like to see two or three years pass, then another stargate project, with ALL three series involved. of course, it shows that sam and jack are sooooooo married!

i've spent quite a few years waiting for them to want to get together, then a few more years waiting to see the proof that they did. i guess i can wait a few more for that proof!

i go back and forth on my level of and , but i don't want to see this thread die b/c we're all mourning so!

(((shippers)))

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i'd like to see two or three years pass, then another stargate project, with ALL three series involved. of course, it shows that sam and jack are sooooooo married!
      That would be perfect!

(((Sally)))
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Mac Laptop OT
        Spoiler:
        Does anyone know how to take video from DVDs in order to make fanvids and such? I have a Mac that uses iMovie and iPhoto. Thanks!

sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

i've spent quite a few years waiting for them to want to get together, then a few more years waiting to see the proof that they did. i guess i can wait a few more for that proof!

i go back and forth on my level of and , but i don't want to see this thread die b/c we're all mourning so!

(((shippers)))

They could try a Law & Order/Stargate type series, where they have one or two main stars throughout the run, but the other stars change every few years as they move on to other jobs or on to other areas of their lives, and then bring in other stars/characters to keep things interesting. Law & Order ran for 20 years doing that kind of thing.

And perhaps focus a little more on the private lives of the members of the SGC.
          Last edited by hedwig; 12 May 2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Here's a new and really funny fic by jennickels:

Blame it on the Heat

and just as funny, if not funnier:

We're Going to Need a Bigger Nursery
            Last edited by hedwig; 12 May 2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

you know what i think the ptb were going to do with s/j, specifically in the 3rd movie (and relating to what rda said)?

i think they were going to have him finally retire, and then, THEN we'd see them get together.

so we, the shippers, that saw all their obstacles resolved in 'threads' and felt *this* was the time they could get together... the series just left us hanging, giving us just enough tidbits to know 'something' was going on, but we'd never see full togetherness until one of them retired.

but this is just a guess.

~i hope, whoever takes stargate under it's wing and starts up the franchise again, has the respect and inspiration to finalize the s/j storyline. this waiting for retirement is, to me, a cop-out, like all the other cop-outs the writers have used to not finalize their relationship~
              Wait... what did RDA say??

We may have not "officially" seen them together but we have gotten little hints here and there But yes it would be great to actually SEE them together I'd actually love that.

Btw they actually haven't explained how Sam has a pic of Daniel at the "dream" wedding... have they explained that? Because I still don't know how she has that pic... unless S/J did really get married

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
              How about this.... since SyFy loves wrestling so much, how about a show all about Sam and Jack wrestling? Think that would sell?

(And maybe we could get them to wrestle in blue Jell-O. I think Teal'c would approve )
              This made me laugh so much! Which is what I needed today.
              sigpic
              My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                How about this.... since SyFy loves wrestling so much, how about a show all about Sam and Jack wrestling? Think that would sell?

(And maybe we could get them to wrestle in blue Jell-O. I think Teal'c would approve )
                Arm wrestling, mud wrestling, jello wrestling ... let's see, what other sorts of wrestling can we come up with?

Yep, I'd buy a show like that.

Originally posted by Majorsal
                ~i hope, whoever takes stargate under it's wing and starts up the franchise again, has the respect and inspiration to finalize the s/j storyline. this waiting for retirement is, to me, a cop-out, like all the other cop-outs the writers have used to not finalize their relationship~
                I have never bought that as a legitimate reason for keeping them apart. There are ways around it that would not get them in any kind of trouble, and there have been ever since the end of Season 8.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  arm wrestling, mud wrestling, jello wrestling ... Let's see, what other sorts of wrestling can we come up with? :d

yep, i'd buy a show like that.

i have never bought that as a legitimate reason for keeping them apart. There are ways around it that would not get them in any kind of trouble, and there have been ever since the end of season 8.

yes. This.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I have never bought that as a legitimate reason for keeping them apart. There are ways around it that would not get them in any kind of trouble, and there have been ever since the end of Season 8.
                    there never has been a real reason (one that could hurt the series or the series/military relationship), other than the writers not *wanting* to do it.

if we are to believe, it 'would' have been in the 3rd movie, but that ain't happening now.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

there never has been a real reason (one that could hurt the series or the series/military relationship), other than the writers not *wanting* to do it.

if we are to believe, it 'would' have been in the 3rd movie, but that ain't happening now.
                      Kerry Johnson had it right. He should have retired at the end of Season 8, and then rejoined the program as a civilian. Easy Squeezy Mac and Cheezy.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Kerry Johnson had it right. He should have retired at the end of Season 8, and then rejoined the program as a civilian. Easy Squeezy Mac and Cheezy.
                        Wow! I have not heard/read that in many ages.

And, yes, Kerry was right. Or just move out of each other's chain of command long enough to get married and dismiss the regulations altogether!

Comment

Wow! I have not heard/read that in many ages.

And, yes, Kerry was right. Or just move out of each other's chain of command long enough to get married and dismiss the regulations altogether!
                          Who's to say they didn't? (Get married when she was at A51 I mean).
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            I think they did!
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              so it's guess they did?

not good enough for me. and why should it be, when other characters in this franchise got full disclosure/confirmation?

this isn't really aimed at you, pol, just still feeling the / of my favorite storyline being discarded.

btw, as crazy and insane as it might sound, i've not given up hope for s/j confirmation happening some day. i'll fight for it!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what this means? It's from Joe Mallozzi's blog tonight:

flo also writes: “Did you plan a stargate reveal at some point ? Ever since it was planned to happened at the end of “Lost City” then cancelled when SG1 was renewed, i’ve always hoped we would see it at some point.”

Answer: This subject (the revelation and its many implications) would have formed the plot for the planned SG-1 movie, Stargate: Revolution.

Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but what was supposed to be the "Stargate reveal"?

Comment

Working...
                                X