No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally decided to select an avatar, and decided on a Sam one. Out of 53 avatars of Sam, there is a shippy one... but not our ship... she was kissing ! Why would that avatar be available, as opposed to one showing Sam kissing Jack, which would be far more popular?? Now, I can't get that image out of my head. Quick, someone post a Grace kiss, please!!

Comment

With pleasure

Last edited by Oma-1; 15 March 2011, 02:01 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
        Thank you, Oma-1!! I feel better now!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ
          There are some S/J ones. *points to avi* But I think there are under the 'Team' category, IIRC. I don't think there are any of them kissing though. Sad thing.
          Thanks for letting me know . I've changed my avatar again. I like this one a lot better

Comment

Happy Pi Day! Remember? Today is (in US-speak) 3.14. Yay science!

In honor of the day, post your favorite nerdy Sam-fic (shippy, of course!) for us to peruse while we much on pi(e).

Okay...I'll start with one of my fave's. A Different Circle, Pi R-Squared

I'll post a new American Pi story before Wednesday (it'll be disguised as a Campfire...two birds and all that)
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
              Hedwig! I was hoping you'd show up.

What about 'canon'? That definitly eliminates the first category. (I don't feel like reading AU tonight.) I know the canon ones won't have a happy ending, but what can I say? I love my angst!

But doesn't knowing they get together in the long run makes it okay? You could treat yourself with some shippy eps after! (We all need to recover from that much angst.)

YAY! *throws confetti in the air*
              I found a couple of post-Edora stories that I have saved, but they may not be what you want. One is:

101 Days by SJG8

Rescue by SkyeRose

Making Amends by Chezza - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/383326/1/
              -The Paperless Office
              -Out to Dinner
              -Anyone for Dessert
              -After Dinner Activities
              -The Jello Incident

Otherwise, you can do a search on ff.net for "Edora" and you'll get a long list of stories you can browse through to see if you'd like to read any. Of course, along with SG1's Edora, there are numerous stories in that list from the Lord of the Rings, too, since there was an Edora(s) there too. I discovered a few Edora stories I haven't read and saved them for later reading.

Comment

You guys do realize that there are some folks out there that literally spend their day combing over this thread, searching for any and all rule violations, just so they can report you and get you in trouble?

And I mean this literally.

There are some members of the forum that seem to have made it their mission to hang out in a thread about a topic they don't like, looking for any and every rule violation. They then report it and we hold you accountable to the rules.

So do ALL of us a favor.

Follow the rules. You save these folks the 'fun' of finding things wrong with this thread to report. You save us time having to delete posts, and you save yourselves the aggravation of having to be modded on a near daily basis.

The rules aren't hard. They aren't difficult. and they're there for some very real reasons (such as removing the img tags because many of our users are on internet programs that literally limits how much they can download, and if they go over that, they have to pay)

So guys, please. Play by the rules, make your life easy and give those that are looking for fault nothing to find.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Huh?

*scratches head after reading the above posts on this page*

Denise? Wazzup? Am I missing something? (Note: I am not at all trying to be sarcastic, I'm honestly confused about what might have prompted your heads-up).

P.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  You guys do realize that there are some folks out there that literally spend their day combing over this thread, searching for any and all rule violations, just so they can report you and get you in trouble?

There are some members of the forum that seem to have made it their mission to hang out in a thread about a topic they don't like, looking for any and every rule violation. They then report it and we hold you accountable to the rules.

So do ALL of us a favor.

Follow the rules. You save these folks the 'fun' of finding things wrong with this thread to report. You save us time having to delete posts, and you save yourselves the aggravation of having to be modded on a near daily basis.

The rules aren't hard. They aren't difficult. and they're there for some very real reasons (such as removing the img tags because many of our users are on internet programs that literally limits how much they can download, and if they go over that, they have to pay)

So guys, please. Play by the rules, make your life easy and give those that are looking for fault nothing to find.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Maybe telling the thread what happened since we're obviously confused would go a little way toward making sure nothing is violated in the future?

That's a sad, pathetic existence.

Pol - looking forward to reading the new fic. Get on it, already, will ya?!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one confused. And here I was thinking it was pretty quiet around here....

With regards to Edora - the main reason I like that episode is, as others have mentioend, because it appears to be the first time Sam realises she feels feelings...

Comment

There have been posters in this thread deliberately leaving IMG tags when they quote. Or talking about other fan groups, or posting too big of images.

And there are some that have self appointed themselves to be the thread police. And if you guys are breaking the rules - leaving the img tags intact,talking about other fans, posting too big of images, we'll moderate them.

Not to mention the fact that the limit for inline posts is 100K
                        and hlndncr, some of your gifs are over a meg...that's 100 times the limit

you can post them as links, not as active images please

sigpic

Comment

Always enjoy the shippy .gifs, hlndncr!

Comment

We're all about the love here!

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but if it is known that these people are deliberately running around looking to cause trouble for other forum members, why isn't something being done about them? Or is there?

Comment

I think, if folks work harder to adhere to the photo rules, then there'll be no trouble for anyone to cause.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X