Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
    Nice! It looks like your set came in better packaging hehe mine is separated by cardboard sleeves and it gets easily scratched. As long as I can watch all the eps and special features I'm happy I got to watch the extended version of Threads last night and I can't believe how many extra shippy moments were cut out of that episode even the Teal'c scenes make the episode make more sense bc so much was going on in that episode.
    There is an extended version of Threads?!? Wow how come I didn't know that? I did notice that the version on my DVD set takes longer than the normal 42 minutes, so is that the extended version? Hmmm I'm getting a bit confused now.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Well I'm not posting anymore today.

I still have shippy moments from S9-S10, Atlantis, the movies and SGU. They certainly aren't as good now that Jack is away, but there are more than you might think. Of course, I have a very strong perscription of shippy glasses.
    I sooooo love all your pics I can't get enough of it! Looking forward for more!

FOREVER
    sigpic
    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
      There is an extended version of Threads?!? Wow how come I didn't know that? I did notice that the version on my DVD set takes longer than the normal 42 minutes, so is that the extended version? Hmmm I'm getting a bit confused now.
      Yes, that's the extended version. When the DVDs were first released, someone thought it would be a good idea to put the re-run version rather than the original extended version on the DVDs (WHO DOES THAT?!) - but you could trade in the dvd for a new one.

I don't think many people run into that these days unless they're only watching Stargate in reruns (but then you miss all the good parts, am I right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
        Yes, that's the extended version. When the DVDs were first released, someone thought it would be a good idea to put the re-run version rather than the original extended version on the DVDs (WHO DOES THAT?!) - but you could trade in the dvd for a new one.

I don't think many people run into that these days unless they're only watching Stargate in reruns (but then you miss all the good parts, am I right?)

I completely agree! Before my dvd set came in the mail I watched threads so I noticed a ton of small differences between the episodes. For one, there are a ton more Teal'c scenes but also a lot of extra shippy moments. For instance, Sam receives a phone call from Pete during a briefing and the reactions of Jacob and Jack are awesome. There's actually a few more scenes with Pete but they're really good. They actually show you that Jacob doesn't think he's the right choice for his daughter and Sam isn't as interested as she should be in preparing for their wedding.
        sigpic

Comment

Just doing a hit and run to say hi, if anyone can even remember me, it's been so long since I posted!

I did drop by on ship day, but couldn't stay since I was on vacation and had limited computer time. I subscribed to that thread, but would you believe that I still haven't read the whole thing... bad shipper!

I do still come by every so often, especially if I'm in need of a pick-me-up, but haven't really posted since I haven't anything to say! But, I hope everyone is well. Also, hi to all the newbies!

Comment

I, unfortunately, have the original box set of season 8 with the shorter version of Threads. While I miss not having the "go pick flowers" scene, I don't miss seeing Jack waking up in bed with Kerry!

Hey IGGY, I remember you! Welcome back!

Comment

Hey guys. Too many pages to catch up on *whew*

You people have been busy.

Cor'ai is one of my guilty pleasures. I just love that ep!
              One of mine as well. I love the emotion in this ep with Teal'c coming to terms with who he was and who he is. As well as the strong support he gets from the team who are more convinced than he is about his redemption.

Season 1
              Politics

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Every%20Sam%20and%20Jack%20Shippy%20Moment%20Ever/PDVD_292-1.jpg
              Daniel's “you and Sam were engaged” remark

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_298-1.jpg
              The “Let's get this straight; engaged?”, “It is theoretically possible”, “Its against regulations”, “I was talking physics, sir”' discussion
              This just proves to me that Jack has been thinking about Sam in ways that were against regs for a long, long time.

hlndncr I just have to say the time you spend to do these great gifts you present us with are really really appreciated.

So thank you again.

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
              Just doing a hit and run to say hi, if anyone can even remember me, it's been so long since I posted!

I did drop by on ship day, but couldn't stay since I was on vacation and had limited computer time. I subscribed to that thread, but would you believe that I still haven't read the whole thing... bad shipper!

I do still come by every so often, especially if I'm in need of a pick-me-up, but haven't really posted since I haven't anything to say! But, I hope everyone is well. Also, hi to all the newbies!
              I remember you Iggy
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

I miss one night and I end up with a huge multi-quote! be forewarned:

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                Mine is a German release (with the English version of course), and it has the episode order messed up, too. http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMGP1915.jpg
                Oooo...I love the seperate crystal cases...I got the western box set for Christmas *squee* -so I have to be careful about not scratching mine.

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                Hmm...I never really took his statement that way. I took it more to mean if things were different between he and Sam then he wouldn't (necessarily) still be at the SGC and/or wouldn't be standing there looking at her ring.
                Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Shippers generally take things the way they *want* to see them It's our rose-colored glasses. But yes, I took it to mean about his son and ex-wife too.
                Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                i interpreted it as his relationship with Sam, after all she was talking about her future then casually asks him what about him, to me that is her saying, and what am I going to do about you? she is practically inviting him to be open with her, but yes i agree it can be interpreted in so many different ways
                Actually, I didn't write that one. That was Rachel's interpretation. I just never changed it. I also think he was talking about if things were different between him and Sam. Or at least, I think that's what Sam was hinting at, and Jack was being deliberately obtuse.
                It's interesting how we all see it from different angles or interpret it different ways.

I always thought he was addressing 'if things had been different' -as in...if Charlie hadn't died...if you still had a family, because she was asking him what would she do, going through the Stargate everyday and leaving a husband and eventually a child behind. Jack is in a unique position to advise her in this, becuase he was frequently gone from Sarah and Charlie on black ops missions.

I always interpreted her discomfort as awkwardness at bringing up Charlie and trying not to be insensitive, but honestly needing to ask the question and get an answer.

I didn't think the question applied to their relationship, because prior to this they have avoided open conversations about it like the plague.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                I think his reply is great fanfic material; you can interpret it in so many ways, from his son to his relationship with Sam.
                Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                I think there are layers to this particular response. First of all, he was ready to kill himself over Charlie and I definitely think that the Jack we see (as portrayed by RDA) has all the markings of a man who still carries that grief deep inside of him, but who's found a larger purpose in the Stargate program. So when she says "What about you?" and he says, "I wouldn't be here" - well, literally he wouldn't. Plus they've seen a couple of different timelines. He's dead in all of them (2001 doesn't count because they don't actually come in contact other than a piece of paper with blood. Oh wait. Yup, dead in that one too and he didn't even get the girl).

<snipped>

Okay I'm rambling.
                Not rambling -you said that well! I had not thought back to that 'layer' -that if the plans of the 1st mission had gone as planned, he would be dead by his own hand, along with Ra and all of Skara's people.

Season 8
                Threads

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_094-4.jpg
                She’s mad at Jacob for mentioning the wedding in front of Jack
                [/size]
                Haha! I call that the best 'if looks could kill' stare.

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                {huggles Iggy} of course you're remembered!!
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I remember when after threads first aired that I wore out the tape that I recorded it on I watched it that much.

Comment

Space in Canada just finished airing Nemisis/Small Victories

I'd forgotten how shippy those two eps were, from the whole original fishing invitation to them going up to thor's ship to the second fishing invitation and "I don't know Carter, you might not be dumb enough". *squee*

And who can every stop wondering about what happened during that week on P4X-234?

Anyone have fics to recommend for that? I have favorites, but am looking for ones I haven't read, or your favs

Comment

Hi all! Just popping in to say hallo and I'm really enjoying reading all this stuff. I've just moved home to England so everything is still a bit busy.

I'm really enjoying all the S/J chat and the pics. I'm hoping I'll find time to write another fic before I head off to Vancouver. But I'm not promising anything

Anyway, I'm off again but will be back soon.

always.
                      Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                        And who can every stop wondering about what happened during that week on P4X-234?
                        I can speculate as long on that one as I can on what happened on P3X-595. Thank goodness for fic!
                        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Hi! Im new to the thread- just got round to registering...

Comment

Originally posted by K1969T View Post
                            Welcome!
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Welcome to the mad house I recently joined as well the people are great and the shippy moments are awesome
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome! It's great to have you with us.

Do check out some of the other S/J Threads.

You'll find a great list by UhSir here.

Comment

Working...
                                X