Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you using a translator program?

But I don't think Sam and Jack will have any children.
    Yup... Maybe I think is: Stargate: Revolation...

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

starlover, That Great nice. I have box Stargate Dvds Season 1-10

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        But I don't think Sam and Jack will have any children.
        I could see them maybe adopting a child.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i393/starlover1990/P3180599.jpg
        Last picture I took before I moved in here(6 months ago)
        That's disgustingly tidy looking. Mine are scattered around on bookshelves, or next to the DVD player, and other places. Some day I might get them more organized.

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6420640_n.jpg
        That's the set I have, too.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          That's disgustingly tidy looking. Mine are scattered around on bookshelves, or next to the DVD player, and other places. Some day I might get them more organized.
          Well...at home I bought that drawer for all my DVDs. And I like to be organized . Like the ones most upfront are all my SF series DVDs and behind it the other ones, from girly show(Charmed, GA) to doctor(GA and House) to Heroes, because it has an H like house lol

The other drawer I have holds all the movies . Yeah...I'm organized....buuuuuuut now they're all in one big folder(the whole moving to the US and not being able to give up on my dvds for a year) still...in there they're also organized(I even made stickers so that I know what episodes there are on each DVD and everything keeps in the right place since my roommates also watched some of my dvds). It's sick I know.

Re Sam and Jack children.

By now they won't get children anymore. Still, I don't know exactly how the adoption process goes in the US, but if both future parents are above 40 in my country it is really hard to adopt a kid. I think in general it is...so by now I don't see them getting kids anymore.

If S/J became a couple between S4 and S8 I could have gotten them see a kid. Even after S8 what in my opinion in the show happened when they went fishing.(not the kid but becoming a couple). According to Entity Sam was born in 1968. That would make her 36/37 at the end of Threads...IMHO I could still see her get children at that age...still circumstances wouldn't allow it(show wise) and thus no kids.

Does that make any sense?
          sigpic

Comment

According to Entity Sam was born in 1968. That would make her 36/37 at the end of Threads...IMHO I could still see her get children at that age...still circumstances wouldn't allow it(show wise) and thus no kids.

Does that make any sense?
            Show-wise, this is true. But this is also what fanfiction is for. I like reading some of the better written kid stories. Sam would be 40 by 2008. Plus, if they really wanted to adopt a child, they could adopt one from another country, which many people seem to be doing these days. Plus, they have really good credentials and are very responsible people, which could give them a little bit of an edge.

Comment

Huh? I remember is S/J sound episode: "2010 year". Sam said" I not have Children." Jack worried to Sam. I think Sam married Jack on episode is "200" sound future? Jack got two sons is Jack II and John O'Neill.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6420640_n.jpg
                What a great box!

Here is a part of my DVD collection. As you can see season 6,7,8 are missing, I lent them to a friend.

Last edited by Lilac736; 29 December 2010, 12:31 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Show-wise, this is true. But this is also what fanfiction is for. I like reading some of the better written kid stories. Sam would be 40 by 2008. Plus, if they really wanted to adopt a child, they could adopt one from another country, which many people seem to be doing these days. Plus, they have really good credentials and are very responsible people, which could give them a little bit of an edge.
                  True. I must admit I'm a sucker to kid fics! Love 'em. *puts fic she is reading shyly aside since it is a kid fic one*

And yeah, credential wise it is possible for them to get one...perhaps if the kid was from another planet they would be the first to have a chance to be that kids parents

It's just...by now I don't see them getting a small kid anymore but that's perhaps just me...
                  says the one that is now watching Carebears with a 2(almost 3) year old
                  sigpic

Comment

Huh? I remember is S/J sound episode: "2010 year". Sam said" I not have Children." Jack worried to Sam. I think Sam married Jack on episode is "200" sound future? Jack got two sons is Jack II and John O'Neill.
                    In "2010", Sam couldn't have children because of what the Aschen did to the humans. So that doesn't apply to Sam in our reality. Unless, of course, there are other reasons why she couldn't have children. Like something to do with Jolinar or even all the injuries she sustained over the years. And in the episode "200", that wasn't a real wedding; it was a sort of fantasy dreamed up by Vala.

Comment

In "2010", Sam couldn't have children because of what the Aschen did to the humans. So that doesn't apply to Sam in our reality. Unless, of course, there are other reasons why she couldn't have children. Like something to do with Jolinar or even all the injuries she sustained over the years. And in the episode "200", that wasn't a real wedding; it was a sort of fantasy dreamed up by Vala.
                      Indeed.

These two conversations remind me in a weird way of this fanfi:. AU! and baby!fic Future Steps by Ruth M King . (old fanfic) Angsty, but very well written.
                      sigpic

Comment

It is still possible for women in there 40s to have children. But in 2010 I'm sure Sam considered it more likely because of the anti-aging vaccine that double the human life span. (Of course that's also likely what they used to create the infertility.)

I know the wedding in 200 was supposedly a fantasy, but then how do you explain the picture of Daniel at a wedding that never happened on Sam's desk in Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          It is still possible for women in there 40s to have children. But in 2010 I'm sure Sam considered it more likely because of the anti-aging vaccine that double the human life span. (Of course that's also likely what they used to create the infertility.)
                          Re bolded: It is totally possible for those women to get kids, but what I meant is that *I* don't see Sam/Jack still getting kids now. *shrugs*

As for 2010...I think her situation in general was different. I mean she wasn't out on an spaceship during the week and all...plus she'd been trying for a while there. If they'd been trying for, lets say 3 years, I could totally understand that Sam still wanted it. It's just that 2010 is a different universe, a different developed Sam and thus IMHO different choices.

I know the wedding in 200 was supposedly a fantasy, but then how do you explain the picture of Daniel at a wedding that never happened on Sam's desk in Atlantis?
                          Another wedding? Another formal event? There are enough possibilities.
                          I just would like to think that they weren't married by Thor. That's fanfic funny, but real life messed up!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

True. I must admit I'm a sucker to kid fics! Love 'em. *puts fic she is reading shyly aside since it is a kid fic one*

And yeah, credential wise it is possible for them to get one...perhaps if the kid was from another planet they would be the first to have a chance to be that kids parents

It's just...by now I don't see them getting a small kid anymore but that's perhaps just me...
                            says the one that is now watching Carebears with a 2(almost 3) year old
                            I really don't like baby/kid fics. That being said I have S/J accidental baby fic all mapped out. I did it as a challenge to myself to put together a baby fic I would actually enjoy, and the story doesn't go at all like you might think. I'm going to get around to writing it one of these days.

Meanwhile, I am going to finish my latest story today. I'm so close.

Comment

Aha! So you saw it too. I wondered myself about this picture.
                              sigpic

Comment

I believe the wedding in 200 really did happen and that's why that pic is there
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X