Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Happy Birthday Sam!

According to Entity, today is Sam's birthday. (I know, I know. Orlin suggested it's in May, but I don't like Orlin; I think he's creepy. )

So what do you think Jack got Sam for her birthday?

Here's my answer:

In the Absence of Cake
    a necklace that says "Always" engraved on it.

Comment

Twi I agree with you on most points, but sometimes it is still fun to read.

In general there is one fanfic I like and it is only read to retain all my fluffy genes: Snapshots. It is *totally* S/J kid centric, but then again it are snapshots of life thus no real storyline other than the one of S/J happy, fluffy(in general) life. There are also two fanfics before this(this is the last one in the series), but I just like this one *shrugs*

Oh and Twi as you know, I LOVE! your baby!fic...although there isn't a lot of baby in it, lol!

Like I said before, I haven't seen a lot of good kid!fanfics, but every once in a while I like to read one. My favorite kind of fanfic are apocolypse fanfics! *grins*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
        Spoiler:
        I love being a mom. I wouldn't trade it. It's deeply rewarding, but like all things that are rewarding, it's difficult, especially when you work full time. Perhaps one of the reasons I struggle with kid!fic is because it never feels hard for them. Somehow, Sam and Jack magically balance being parents and career military with ease. My job is infinitely less time consuming and most days I wonder how I'm standing on my two feet.

I'd be lying though if I didn't admit this much - my favorite part about my son? That he's going to grow up, move out, and hopefully make grandbabies that I can spoil to death and not have to wipe their butts. I know, not yet 30 and already planning for the grandkids...). Maybe that makes me really weird (or a bad mom). I love my son to death...but I secretly can't wait until I can have a conversation in which I can understand more than 60% of whatever he's saying.
        Spoiler:
        I can understand!! I have no kids, but 16 nieces/nephews... so my favorite part is when they go home!

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaand just in general two of my favorite fanfics:

Oh they are LONG! I love novel length fanfics!

Lines of Duty by Sally Reeve(also check out her other stories; she is amazing!)

From here on after by Ali Snow baby in the end, but most of the story without. (aka background character)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            3. Confusion. They have to *be* some where. Either they get dragged to the SGC and babysat ( :: shudders :: ) or they're wandering around getting into trouble. I've written ONE fic with a kid...and I conveniently had him kidnapped by Ba'al until the last two chapters. I also made him a baby so he wouldn't talk...
            Now, Nyna, you can't mention a fic without a link!! I'm not sure I've read this one... is it on fanfic.net?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              Now, Nyna, you can't mention a fic without a link!! I'm not sure I've read this one... is it on fanfic.net?
              Errr...here...since I don't know if she is online:
              Part 1: Supposed Crime and part 2: Professional Boundaries
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                OT
                Spoiler:
                Ex Girlfriend Text messages me earlier tonight and asks me... no DEMANDS I order a pizza for her and 4 kids. I'm about ready to send a very strong worded text message to go take as hike.
                OT:
                Spoiler:
                Pardon my ignorance, but if she's an ex-girlfriend, why is she demanding anything from you? Let her order her own pizza for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  Well, I doubt Jack would like any kids named after him. And besides, Jack is a nickname, his full name is Jonathan O'neill. I like Jacob for a son's name, and I know that's terribly cliche, but... oh well!
                  Bingo! Jonathan O'neill and John O'neill love Father is Jack O'neill. YAY!!!!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Where do I even start? I got myself locked out of GW today--changed my email addy and then forgot to reply to their little signal. Poot.

I don't normally like kid fic because it's so not real.

I think that Sam and Jack might have a kid on accident, but they wouldn't do it on purpose. That's why I wrote it as I did in my fic. Of course, I never intended to write a kid fic anyway, but it just kind of happened that way, so I ran with it. Who knows? I know three people who have approached their doctors after they were 45 saying that they thought they were starting menopause only to be told that they were, in fact, pregnant. It happens. My theory is that Sam would not have been using birth control because of her lack of proximity to her husband while she was commanding the Hammond. She comes home on leave, they get careless, and, "Whoops!", the stick turns blue. It's completely plausible.

(For those of you who have not read it, here's my take on how the careless part would happen. . . Secretarial Pool)

But kid fic is really hard to write believably--because kids are so hard to write believably. That sounds redundant, but there it is!

And Happy Birthday Sam! What would Jack give her?

Here's my take on that. . . Gifted Class
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                      I love your DVD collection - more so for the fact that they appear to be colour coded! That's not just coincidence right?

Hope those who celebrated had a great Christmas, btw!
                      ! No it's no coincidence and my friends are mocking me for it all the time. I admit it was a bit difficult to find something, but after a while you get used to the system.
                      sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one having trouble with GW?

I keep getting the message "Rebuilding Search Index"

Occassionally, like right now, I can backdoor navigate my way onto a thread.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Yes, I have the same problem.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            Am I the only one having trouble with GW?

I keep getting the message "Rebuilding Search Index"

Occassionally, like right now, I can backdoor navigate my way onto a thread.

Anyone else having this problem?
                            Nope, a lot of people are having this problem right now. Just keep reloading the page when you get that message and after a while you get in GW again.

Greg rebuild the search index last night and apparently it isn't totally functioning/fixed yet. Just gotta be patient

...but not as patient as we are with waiting for our confirmation!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

In honor of the day Akamaimom was born, please accept this small token of appreciation:

Comment

Happy Birthday!!

*smiley by Zuz
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X